Hi All! I just wanted to let everyone know of our recent experience with a company on the service list supplied by the front desk. On our approach to the gates we blew a tire on our 40' 5er. After a not so great experience with a Good Sam provider who changed the tire to our spare, we were able to get the camper into our site. We went to the front desk who gave us there list of service providers. We contacted Wingfoot Truck Service as they come directly to the site. We called for service and they not only gave us advice on what tires would be best on our camper, which were the tires we had wanted, but they gave us a great price. We know this was a great price because we compared prices elsewhere beforehand. They sent an awesome service professional named Jose directly to our camp site to install the tires. Jose in the pouring rain not only changed all four tires, but he also made sure the spare was properly inflated and remounted it up below the camper. He was friendly, courteous, & very professional. He went beyond by educating us on understanding the information on the tires as well as gave us a new inflation gage to check our tire pressure & showed us how to use it on our dually truck tires since the inner tires are a little difficult to reach. Jose took our blown out tire back to there shop and the warranty manager will submit the warranty claim for the tire as well as the damage done to our camper to Good Year. One of the few times I have no reservations paying for the service I received. I hope know one finds themselves in this situation but if so, know Wingfoot made a bad situation so much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear all went well and you have good tires on the unit now, by chance did the put the Goodyear G14's on? That is what came on ours and I just replaced with the same last year, had 5 years on them but was getting nervous I hear 5 years is a good time to replace.

Good to hear all went well and you have good tires on the unit now, by chance did the put the Goodyear G14's on? That is what came on ours and I just replaced with the same last year, had 5 years on them but was getting nervous I hear 5 years is a good time to replace.

Exactly what we put on her. Did a lot of research and everyone had only good things to say about them on the 5ers. I haven't heard about the 5 years but that doesn't sound unrealistic. We will be keeping a very close eye on them. If the slightest question of a problem, they will be changed.

On 7/6/2016 at 9:58 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

7 hours ago, NurseTK said:

Exactly what we put on her. Did a lot of research and everyone had only good things to say about them on the 5ers. I haven't heard about the 5 years but that doesn't sound unrealistic. We will be keeping a very close eye on them. If the slightest question of a problem, they will be changed.

Many automobile manufacturers recommend replacing tires regardless of wear at 6 years after manufacture. There is no federal standard that I am aware of but have seen 10 years in some NTSB reports. Since trailers have higher loads than automobile tires the general opinion in the safety industry is they should be replaced 5 years after the manufacture date. Again this is regardless of wear. Since RV manufacturers buy a lot of tires at one time and store them you might need to replace the tires on a trailer that is less than 5 years old.