I guess they want all the kiddies secure for all the parents who ignore and don't watch their children.  I guess it's a good idea but taking away from the fort feel.  Looks like a dog park for kids. Hope something better is coming out of it since now they are covering the fence with a tarp. They are doing the same with the playground by the pool

image.jpeg[/URL]

image_1.jpeg[/URL]

During our stay over the 4th, they closed the Meadow playground, added timbers around it, then filled it with mulch.  They told my wife it was to comply with some sort of safety standards and they were making it 9 inches deep.   Now the kids can get bathing suits full of sharp mulch pieces.

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

During our stay over the 4th, they closed the Meadow playground, added timbers around it, then filled it with mulch.  They told my wife it was to comply with some sort of safety standards and they were making it 9 inches deep.   Now the kids can get bathing suits full of sharp mulch pieces.

So sounds like the fences are just temporary while they do those updates.  I can't zoom in on the sign in that photo to see what it says but it looks like it could be one of those "pardon our dust.." signs.

9 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

So sounds like the fences are just temporary while they do those updates.  I can't zoom in on the sign in that photo to see what it says but it looks like it could be one of those "pardon our dust.." signs.

They used temporary white fencing with T bar feet that sat on top of the ground, and they were tie wrapped together to each other during the meadow construction.  Someone on a different FB site said they were digging holes for fencing around the settlement playground.

18 minutes ago, Travisma said:

They used temporary white fencing with T bar feet that sat on top of the ground, and they were tie wrapped together to each other during the meadow construction.  Someone on a different FB site said they were digging holes for fencing around the settlement playground.

Interesting.  Maybe given the Settlement playground's proximity to the beach they really are going to fence it.

The meadows playground has the white temp fence the main playground has cement poles in for the chain link. The sign is a pardon our dust sign plus the main playground has the soft rubber flooring which I believe is code

28 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

The meadows playground has the white temp fence the main playground has cement poles in for the chain link. The sign is a pardon our dust sign plus the main playground has the soft rubber flooring which I believe is code

So the temp fence is back up at the meadow playground?

They removed it 7/5 when we were there. 

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Interesting.  Maybe given the Settlement playground's proximity to the beach they really are going to fence it.

Wouldn't surprise me that this is a result of the alligator attack but I don't know why they wouldn't fence in the swings too.

15 hours ago, Travisma said:

I doubt this is because of gators.  More so safety requirements and easier to keep track of kids

Like I said, there are too many parents who don't keep track of their kids these days and let them do what they want.  It's a shame if that's why they are putting the fence up