This was a long time coming but they are finally fencing in the meadows pool.  I know we won't get a card reader on the gate, but I think we needed the fence. Makes me think the chain link is temporary at the playground since this fence fits the fort better

61D5C896-8E78-47B3-B35A-1805796E6F6E.jpg

D247CC0F-166C-4803-9ECC-F4FB74922BDE.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When renting the alligator feeders, do you have to sign any sort of waiver or do they just give you the paddles and a shove?

We need answers, folks. I've also been curious about how far the Fence Frenzy has gone. I paid a visit to Twin #2 on Saturday, September 10, 2016.  We were going to meet up for a meal at Dis

LOL. If the Commissioner needs a fish to be picked up, Captain Awesome 7.3 will be there in a flash with his pliers!  TCD

Wow.

I honestly thought they'd never do it.

It's interesting how much of the grass they are fencing out.

On busy days, people use that grass as overflow for the pool deck.

Now that they're fencing it, they're going to need to do something to keep the freeloaders out.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Good job posting the photos, Dave!

TCD

I'll try to snap a picture of the big green monster around the kiddie pool  looks like they are removing it.  Maybe adding more lounges or tables.  Looks like the new mgr of the fort may be actually making a difference 

3 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

I'll try to snap a picture of the big green monster around the kiddie pool  looks like they are removing it.  Maybe adding more lounges or tables.  Looks like the new mgr of the fort may be actually making a difference 

That went up on the 5th. I'm surprised they didn't put some sort of pictures, posters, notices, etc. on it to make it blend in a little bit..  It is a big eyesore.

Saw this also tonight

EB27B078-7A2C-4FA8-B1AB-7F0A6C9339BD.jpg

80331402-109A-4060-8ACD-745DA3E4C57D.jpg

i wonder if it's only a matter of time before every waterway, creek or drainage has some sort of fence around it.  If that's the case, the 1900 loop would look like a line for the jungle boat cruise..lol

2 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

Saw this also tonight

80331402-109A-4060-8ACD-745DA3E4C57D.jpg

i wonder if it's only a matter of time before every waterway, creek or drainage has some sort of fence around it.  If that's the case, the 1900 loop would look like a line for the jungle boat cruise..lol

Wow, that's a lot of water to fence in if they do every loop !

18 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

This was a long time coming but they are finally fencing in the meadows pool.  I know we won't get a card reader on the gate, but I think we needed the fence. Makes me think the chain link is temporary at the playground since this fence fits the fort better

61D5C896-8E78-47B3-B35A-1805796E6F6E.jpg

D247CC0F-166C-4803-9ECC-F4FB74922BDE.jpg

Happy to see this!

17 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow.

I honestly thought they'd never do it.

It's interesting how much of the grass they are fencing out.

On busy days, people use that grass as overflow for the pool deck.

Now that they're fencing it, they're going to need to do something to keep the freeloaders out.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Good job posting the photos, Dave!

TCD

Agreed.

13 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

Saw this also tonight

And there it is.  (sigh)

Well on the plus side, the next time Brady decides he's going to saunter over and and try to go for a swim, I won't have to scramble to grab his butt before he makes it in.  ;)

"...the 1900 loop would look like a line for the jungle boat cruise..lol"

LOL!! Indeed it will!!

And thanks again for all the updates and pics.  :)

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That fence along the 300 loop canal is unbelievable.

What a waste of money!

I wish I owned the company that is selling Disney all those posts and rope.

If they're doing this, then they are going to have to put fences along every canal in the Fort.

Stupid.

TCD

And all the rope netting they have added to the original post and rope fence.

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow, I didn't know what you meant by the Green Monster.

What in the world is going on?  It looks like the spray area is still operating behind that wall.

TCD

Yes it is

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow, I didn't know what you meant by the Green Monster.

What in the world is going on?  It looks like the spray area is still operating behind that wall.

TCD

i think they fenced off the trail next to the lake to your favorite spot. Ill take pics later

13 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Spray area is open, they just walled off the square shallow kiddie pool.

Oh.  I knew that, but I didn't think about the little kiddie pool when I saw that big green wall.

11 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

i think they fenced off the trail next to the lake to your favorite spot. Ill take pics later

That makes me sad.  But, I know that CM's use that path, so I expect that they'll keep the path open.  I'll still be able to see over those useless little rope fences.

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

That fence along the 300 loop canal is unbelievable.

What a waste of money!

I wish I owned the company that is selling Disney all those posts and rope.

If they're doing this, then they are going to have to put fences along every canal in the Fort.

Stupid.

TCD

Which will totally destroy the view out our windows when we camp in 1511 to watch the deer along the opposite bank!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I don't even want to think about how high they're going to jack up the campsite rates to pay for all of this!

TCD

Which likely means the Christmas price of a tent site will zoom past the $120 mark of this year to what - maybe $145 or higher?  

Sure does put our plans on the back burner  :(:angry:

The 2017 pricing for a campsite will be the deciding factor if sell the camper next year or boycott the fort. We are paying $138 a night for two nights of this 6 night stay . I refuse to pay over $140-$150 a night for a concrete pad.  I got to get my kids a job here

5 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

The 2017 pricing for a campsite will be the deciding factor if sell the camper next year or boycott the fort. We are paying $138 a night for two nights of this 6 night stay . I refuse to pay over $140-$150 a night for a concrete pad.  I got to get my kids a job here

I just looked at the cost today for US Dollars - based on the current exchange rate the $120 per night will be $155.62 Canadian !!!!  Dear lord - for a tent site.  

Well we definitely won't be staying at Disney this year, if we even go down.  Seriously horrible.

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hmm... anybody want to rent me an employment-age kid?  ;)

ME TOO!!!! ME TOO!!!!!