River Country Again

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again I had a chance to speak with the CM noted in the first post in this topic.  I am told DVC has dibs on the River Country area, but has not decided what to do with it yet.  CM states progress

I think there are two changes that could benefit the Fort for regular people... they are admittedly small things, but I think they could have a big impact:   1. Reduce the number of people a

Hi All.  First Post, Long time lurker.  I thought the group might be interested in the following.  DW and I were having a discussion with a long-time cast member.  DW asks the CM, what are you going t

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wow, the author phoned that article in. 

He could at least have provided a link to the permit application. 

That said, I heard from a semi-reliable source that the River Country DVC project is about to be moved to a front burner, so there may be something to this. Then again, how long have we been hearing about this now?

TCD 

It does seem like it's been discussed for a LONG time. Based on some of the plans shared before, I think it will happen. I just hope they change the plans for the Settlement. That will make me super sad. 

1 minute ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

It does seem like it's been discussed for a LONG time. Based on some of the plans shared before, I think it will happen. I just hope they change the plans for the Settlement. That will make me super sad. 

They actually got pretty far in the planning process the last time this was being kicked around. 

The fact that they're re-doing the soil borings would suggest that the old plans have been abandoned, and they're going in a new direction. 

TCD 

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

They actually got pretty far in the planning process the last time this was being kicked around. 

The fact that they're re-doing the soil borings would suggest that the old plans have been abandoned, and they're going in a new direction. 

TCD 

I hope it's one that preserves the Settlement. 

When we were there in February we had more than one launch captain make a point of calling out River Country and that it was planned to be turned into a DVC. Whether it is true or not, who knows. It is a big plot of close to all of the Settlement amenities/transportation so I can't see it sitting there unproductive forever.  

15 hours ago, geoffdaddy said:

I wonder where they intend the entrance to this thing to be. I imagine all those high paying guests are not going to want to sit through the check in line with all the pleb RV campers.

Maybe down the bus road from Wilderness Lodge?

Would be way to much traffic coming thru the Fort  at all hours, then they would need to extend the road somehow thru the settlement area.

14 hours ago, keith_h said:

Whether it is true or not, who knows. It is a big plot of close to all of the Settlement amenities/transportation so I can't see it sitting there unproductive forever.  

Also BLT, Polynesian and WL are all finished and the FORT is the last non DVC in the area. 

18 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I hope it's one that preserves the Settlement. 

That's a nice thought, but the current regime is blinded by dollar signs. They want their giant parking lot right there for the convenience of the DVC guests with their fat wallets. Screw the scummy campers and their coolers full of beer.  They want the chumps who will pay $8 a pop for their beers.

TCD 

16 hours ago, geoffdaddy said:

I wonder where they intend the entrance to this thing to be. I imagine all those high paying guests are not going to want to sit through the check in line with all the pleb RV campers.

Don't worry about that- they will have their own access road and a giant parking lot that sits on the big field south of Pioneer Hall. Only that field isn't quite big enough, so they will be knocking down and paving over the horse barn and pony ride area too. Those high paying guests will not have to go near the filthy camping loops. 

TCD 

42 minutes ago, geoffdaddy said:

Oooh, they better not! Our girls loved the pony rides and I enjoy seeing the stables and the pristine open areas. I'd rather leave the big parking lots in the front.

Sorry to break it to you, but a big parking lot right next to Pioneer Hall is a key feature to what was previously planned. You can read all the gory details on this thread: Leaked River Country DVC Plans

TCD

When we were at the Fort a couple of weeks ago, we talked with the person who told us previously that the area would be developed at some point.  This person told us that River Country was being in the "process" of becoming a DVC property.  Hope the new plans for RC spare the Settlement.

Sorry to break it to you, but a big parking lot right next to Pioneer Hall is a key feature to what was previously planned. You can read all the gory details on this thread: Leaked River Country DVC Plans

TCD

Hard to believe that thread was four years ago!

For everyone wondering what the plan will look like go look at that thread I'm willing to bet the plan won't change much from the original.  Especially since these soil borings appear to go right where the plan showed the buildings would go.

Also I just looked through all the old permits and it looks like they all expired or were withdrawn.

WBI

15 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Hard to believe that thread was four years ago!

For everyone wondering what the plan will look like go look at that thread I'm willing to bet the plan won't change much from the original.  Especially since these soil borings appear to go right where the plan showed the buildings would go.

Also I just looked through all the old permits and it looks like they all expired or were withdrawn.

WBI

Four years? We started talking about this over 8 years ago on that old site when you unearthed the original leaked plans from the new pavilion. 

Here's a photo I took in October 2010 when Disney was truly planning to pull the trigger on building the new horse barn and pavilion:

[IMG]

TCD 

Four years? We started talking about this over 8 years ago on that old site when you unearthed the original leaked plans from the new pavilion. 

Here's a photo I took in October 2010 when Disney was truly planning to pull the trigger on building the new horse barn and pavilion:

[IMG]

TCD 

Good point, I was just referring to the previous thread when the detailed construction plans were found.

I've had two kids in that four year span, man a lot has changed. lol

WBI

18 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Good point, I was just referring to the previous thread when the detailed construction plans were found.

I've had two kids in that four year span, man a lot has changed. lol

WBI

No kidding. My kids have graduated from high school and then college in the time this project has been kicked around. 

TCD 

9 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

No kidding. My kids have graduated from high school and then college in the time this project has been kicked around. 

TCD 

It's funny how we are all thinking of the changes in our families as a frame of reference with how long this project has been in the works.  We hadn't even traveled to Russia the first time when this conversation started, and Anna has been home for 7 years now.  Crazy.  Even crazier, to put it into more global terms, when we first started bantering about this project over at Voldy, the vast majority of us were posting from our PC's.  Today, I'd make a guess that the majority of folks posting on FF.net are doing so from their phones.  While many people had smart phones in 2010, I'd guess most weren't posting on forums from them.  They posted on Facebook, checked email, played games and took pictures.  Actually, maybe not much has changed.  LOL.  

18 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

It's funny how we are all thinking of the changes in our families as a frame of reference with how long this project has been in the works.  We hadn't even traveled to Russia the first time when this conversation started, and Anna has been home for 7 years now.  Crazy.  Even crazier, to put it into more global terms, when we first started bantering about this project over at Voldy, the vast majority of us were posting from our PC's.  Today, I'd make a guess that the majority of folks posting on FF.net are doing so from their phones.  While many people had smart phones in 2010, I'd guess most weren't posting on forums from them.  They posted on Facebook, checked email, played games and took pictures.  Actually, maybe not much has changed.  LOL.  

Off the beaten path, the rumor is the next iPhone + is going to be about as large as an iPad mini.

Then everyone will be going crazy posting, etc.

Ugh. I saw this pop up the other day and had a lot of the same thoughts that you all did, on both how much things have changed in our family over the last several years as well as how greedy the current regime is. We all knew this was going to happen, I’m pretty sure the bean counters were just biding their time until the easy DVC’s were done. This one poses more of a logistical challenge in many ways, but to me the question is how big do they go with it?

16 hours ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Wait the twins have graduated college?  Congrats!

By the way I'm heading to Seaside aka Grayton Beach SP in 23 days.

WBI

I kind of oversimplified that- Twin #1 graduated in December. Twin #2 is going to finish this year (we hope).  But it's all good- she landed a highly competitive dream professional internship that necessitated her cutting down the course load. It's a tremendous opportunity for her, and she's happy, so we're happy.

Awesome that you're going to Grayton Beach-  I am hoping we will get to Seaside this summer. 

TCD