River Country Again

On 10/24/2018 at 9:15 PM, LONE-STAR said:

They said 900 rooms plus dvc so if there are 4 people to a room and  the resort is at capacity there could be around 4 thousand  people. So much for rocking chairs, boat rides to MK with short lines. The campfire will be overflowing with people. Even if this gives us a couple of eating options it's still not good. I think our quite relaxing Fort may fade away.

On the plus side maybe dvc people that camp will stay there leaving a few extra sites open.

Yes, but when the Fort is at capacity, there can be up to 10,000 people between the sites and the cabins

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again I had a chance to speak with the CM noted in the first post in this topic.  I am told DVC has dibs on the River Country area, but has not decided what to do with it yet.  CM states progress

I think there are two changes that could benefit the Fort for regular people... they are admittedly small things, but I think they could have a big impact:   1. Reduce the number of people a

Hi All.  First Post, Long time lurker.  I thought the group might be interested in the following.  DW and I were having a discussion with a long-time cast member.  DW asks the CM, what are you going t

Sorry...I've lost track of what has or has not been reported.

We were at the Fort this weekend... the BBQ area is now very bare.  You can see some tape/markers in the woods around the Fort.  I spoke with two different CMs (one at the barn and the other, up a the trail rides); both confirmed that the horses and trail rides will remain.  The current barn (I think this was mentioned before) is being torn down and a new one built somewhere else on property.  Neither of them knew anything about TE and I forgot to ask when we ate there.  I think the bike path and bus lane (to the Lodge) will remain.