• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:50 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Congratulations Gretchen!  Wishing you many happy camping trips.  :)

Thanks Mo.  Our first trip was to Jetty Park and no problems so far.  But weather hot and no rain :wacko: 

Got to see a rocket take off about 1am one night.  Very cool and with a full moon too.  At least it looked full to me ;)

This was second time we camped at JP and unexpectedly got to watch a rocket take off.  I love night take offs.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:05 PM, Travisma said:

Look what you could've had!

Oops, just saw that the picture didn't post.

See if this link works.

http://florida4sale.com/listings/5-ton-military-tractor-trailer-6/

Oh rats!  Bill would have loved that, until he paid for the first gas tank fill.

On 8/9/2016 at 5:08 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Thanks fiends.  It's a lot fancier than what I'm use to, but guess my body will like it better.

Pick up tomorrow and Bill booked a stay for 4 days next week at Jetty ParkB) for our shake down cruise.

How did the shake down go?

On 8/22/2016 at 3:31 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Thanks Mo.  Our first trip was to Jetty Park and no problems so far.  But weather hot and no rain :wacko:

Good to hear!  Oh and speaking from experience, when you're packing up or setting up in the rain, that's when you'll REALLY not miss those tent ends.  ;)

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Good to hear!  Oh and speaking from experience, when you're packing up or setting up in the rain, that's when you'll REALLY not miss those tent ends.  ;)

Yep!!  Our thoughts exactly when we sold our hybrid.  It's great to not have to pack up wet tent ends.  That, and another huge concern I had, was a tree branch falling through (we tent in some wooded areas).  Yes... I know, I'm a bit paranoid ^_^ 

20 hours ago, bdm said:

How did the shake down go?

Went well.  We had an electric/water site and Saturday night just after I finished my shower (yay I can use the shower in the camper) Bill informs me he heard gurgling in the kitchen sink.  So we need to learn to conserve water use more, but did OK.  The site, #124, was on the end on the row and we got to watch all kinds of campers, big and little coming and going.  We forgot the white water hoses so had to venture out for that and the one at Wallyworld was $10, then come to find out the water hook-up was over by the next camp site and the hose wouldn't reach that far.  So Bill heads out to the Ace Hardware for another length.  Guess what, Ace was $20!  Oh well, another lesson learned.  And we will be packing all 4 hoses in the trailer from now on.

Weather was hot with no rain.  But watching the rocket was fun. A couple friends came by Sat., we played Pirate Flux and they helped finish a jigsaw puzzle.

7 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

5 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yep!!  Our thoughts exactly when we sold our hybrid.  It's great to not have to pack up wet tent ends.  That, and another huge concern I had, was a tree branch falling through (we tent in some wooded areas).  Yes... I know, I'm a bit paranoid ^_^ 

You make a very good point.  I hadn't thought of that.  One thing I did think of is, it won't be so scary in the new camper than it was in the hybrid during a thunder storm.

I have trouble,with my wife and the shower.  Gotta do an army field shower.  Wet down, water off, soap up, rinse and you're done.

22 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

I have trouble,with my wife and the shower.  Gotta do an army field shower.  Wet down, water off, soap up, rinse and you're done.

I agree.  When we were on a cruise the soap provided by the ship rinsed off quickly.  I wonder if something like that is available to the general public?

On 8/26/2016 at 5:41 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

You make a very good point.  I hadn't thought of that.  One thing I did think of is, it won't be so scary in the new camper than it was in the hybrid during a thunder storm.

Oh I'll agree with that for sure!  Also if you happen to be camping somewhere where there are coyotes howling nearby, you won't be so concerned that one might crawl into bed with you.  ;)

On 8/26/2016 at 5:47 PM, ftwildernessguy said:

I have trouble,with my wife and the shower. 

Where's a tag fairy when you need one?!?!

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Oh I'll agree with that for sure!  Also if you happen to be camping somewhere where there are coyotes howling nearby, you won't be so concerned that one might crawl into bed with you.  ;)

You do know we have or have had in the past, coyotes in the area, right?  Several years ago they were in our neighborhood.  Looked like German Shepard/mixed breed dogs.  Every time a siren sounded, they did too.  I haven't heard them lately, but a neighbor says he has.

I totally believe that Gretchen!  I was walking Brady along the 300 canal at the Fort a couple of years ago and there was one watching us from just inside the tree line on the other side.

We've camped at our friends' farm in the wilds of upstate NY and there were nights in the hybrid I'd have sworn a dozen of them were throwing a dance party right outside our door. Spooky!!

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I totally believe that Gretchen!  I was walking Brady along the 300 canal at the Fort a couple of years ago and there was one watching us from just inside the tree line on the other side.

We've camped at our friends' farm in the wilds of upstate NY and there were nights in the hybrid I'd have sworn a dozen of them were throwing a dance party right outside our door. Spooky!!

EEK!

On 8/29/2016 at 5:31 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Wow... I had no idea they were at The Fort.  I think I need to start carrying, when walking the trails at The Fort!!  :lol:

47 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Wow... I had no idea they were at The Fort.  I think I need to start carrying, when walking the trails at The Fort!!  :lol:

LOL. He didn't look like he had any intentions of getting any closer.  If anything I think he wanted to make sure we were staying on our side of the canal.  ;)

The crazy part is that Brady never noticed him.  I think he was far enough away that if he had he probably wouldn't have barked at him, but it would have been a whopper of a staring contest.