Myrtle Beach Travel Park - Myrtle Beach, SC

Here are a few pictures from this past weekend.  This was our second visit to Myrtle Beach; last year we stayed at Pirateland and we definitely preferred this campground (MB Travel Park) over Pirateland.  There was more space between the sites (at least the sites without shade) as they were all pull-throughs, so you didn't back up to your neighbors. Each pull through site had a covered picnic table.  I don't remember fire pits.  Staff was very friendly.  Park was decently clean (I would give it a 7.5 out of 10).  They do not assign specific sites until you get there, but they do try and work with your requests.  We were very lucky and got in the exact location that we asked for, between the pool and beach and next to a bathhouse (however, keep in mind that we were not there during peak season).  Bathhouses look newer and have several stalls.  Caution however as it can be hard to keep your items dry in the shower (not a ton of coverage from your shower, or underneath from the shower next to you).  Shower head and water pressure were good.

They have two "restaurants".  Personally, we found them pricey and the food just so-so.  For the most part, greasy dinner food. 

Beach area, of course, was beautiful.  They have a nice pool area with a nice play ground next to the pool.  They also hold church services Sunday mornings and different community activities through out the week. Golf carts are allowed, I don't think they rented them.  They had a decent camp store. 

Location is VERY close to tons of shopping and restaurants.  Wifi was not great, but decent.  Emails were no problem.  Streaming didn't work well.

http://www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/

We have the Jayco on the left, we had spot #70:IMG_0131_zpsparyewbb.jpg

View from our site, to the pool:IMG_0132_zpsttltszrf.jpg

View from our site, to the beach:IMG_0133_zpscm29mab3.jpg

Shaded areas were nice (because they had shade), but they were also closer together.  There were a few shaded spots that had more room but, again, they will not assign you a specific spot when you reserve, so I think it's a gamble:IMG_0136_zpsnzpt2ubr.jpg

IMG_0141_zpsgigq2vd1.jpg

We considered staying there a couple years ago when we first visited the MB area. Due to not being able to request a site and the fact that we are large enough to be excluded from a good amount of sites, we ended up at Ocean Lakes. I like the concrete pads there, and best of all I could book a specific site.
Hope you guys had a good time at MB!

14 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

We considered staying there a couple years ago when we first visited the MB area. Due to not being able to request a site and the fact that we are large enough to be excluded from a good amount of sites, we ended up at Ocean Lakes. I like the concrete pads there, and best of all I could book a specific site.
Hope you guys had a good time at MB!

I like cement pads too.  For us Ocean Lakes was just to packed in (we drove through it when staying at Pirateland last year).  I agree with you on booking a specific site... I always prefer that.

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

I like cement pads too.  For us Ocean Lakes was just to packed in (we drove through it when staying at Pirateland last year).  I agree with you on booking a specific site... I always prefer that.

Here's us at Ocean Lakes:

DSCN8652.jpg

Parts of the campground aren't packed in ... you just need to know which sites to reserve.

21 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Here's us at Ocean Lakes:

DSCN8652.jpg

Parts of the campground aren't packed in ... you just need to know which sites to reserve.

I really like the sites in that row! 
We were trying to get one of those sites for our trip next year but they were all booked up. I imagine those go pretty quick.

Question about that site - Did you guys get much noise from the rental houses behind you? That was my one concern with that row.

37 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

We were trying to get one of those sites for our trip next year but they were all booked up. I imagine those go pretty quick.

Question about that site - Did you guys get much noise from the rental houses behind you? That was my one concern with that row.

Those sites are difficult to reserve.  Yes, they do go quick.  I've tried to get a site on that row 18 months in advance and still not been able to get one.

We usually go in the spring or fall, and those houses are usually empty.  So no noise.  Don't know what they are like in the summer.