RUMOR: (CONFIRMED) Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster coming to Epcot

I wish Epcot would remain the park without a roller coaster, especially if it is like the Harry Potter rides at Universal.  I would wait in line again in a heartbeat, but I spent my ride time remembering to breathe through my nausea.  Don't think the wait should be better than the attraction.

20 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

It will be like Avatar. Nobody will know who the guardians are in 4 years

Yes they will. Because unlike Avatar, they will be releasing Guardians of the Galaxy 6 that year. (I just made that up, but I'm the most unlikely audience for a Marvel type movie and I like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.)

4 hours ago, Seals said:

Yes they will. Because unlike Avatar, they will be releasing Guardians of the Galaxy 6 that year. (I just made that up, but I'm the most unlikely audience for a Marvel type movie and I like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.)

Unless they throw a big ol' stinker in the mix that turns folks off the franchise (unlikely), you're probably not far off.  Guardians has some legs as a franchise, and it seems the Marvel stuff is only picking up more and more steam, so you can be sure they're not going away any time soon.

4 hours ago, Seals said:

14 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Unless they throw a big ol' stinker in the mix that turns folks off the franchise (unlikely), you're probably not far off.  Guardians has some legs as a franchise, and it seems the Marvel stuff is only picking up more and more steam, so you can be sure they're not going away any time soon.

Also, there is an animate Guardians of the Galaxy series that is about to being its third series on Disney XD. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4176370/

Not to mention some pretty interesting characters- they already have a Star Lord, Gamora and big Groot meet and greet/dance party at Disneyland, and the Star Lord/Baby Groot meet and greet at WDW.  The Rocket (mutant raccoon) animatronic in the Mission Breakout ride at DCA is pretty cool.

Avatar doesn't have relatable characters like Guardians of the Galaxy does.

It will do fine.

TCD 

• 4 months later...

This came out of D23 Japan this weekend...

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Attraction at Epcot Will Be One of World’s Longest Enclosed Coasters

Thomas Smith

by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

Minutes ago at D23 Expo Japan, we shared a first look at Epcot’s highly-anticipated “Guardians of the Galaxy”-themed attraction – and yes, it’s a roller coaster!

With the “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster, we’re going big. This one-of-a-kind family attraction will be one of the world’s longest enclosed roller coasters when it’s added to Future World at Epcot. It’ll feature a unique story currently being created by Walt Disney Imagineering and include a new innovative ride system that’s guaranteed to “wow” guests.

The “Guardians of the Galaxy”-inspired coaster is part of our ongoing work to transform Epcot into a place that’s more family, more relevant, more timeless and more Disney. “As we build upon its core mission of optimism and hope to inspire the world, the real will become fantastic and the fantastic will become real—in whole new ways at Epcot,” Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, said.

The attraction will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for future updates.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-update-guardians-of-the-galaxy-at-epcot/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q2wo201180020A

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

And Paris is getting a Marvel ride 

Yep. They're retheming their version of Rock'n Roller Coaster.

dlp2394876-624x351.jpg

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Park to Receive Marvel Transformation

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Popular stories and characters from the Marvel universe are already being incorporated into Disneyland Paris in the form of this summer’s Marvel Summer of Super Heroes celebration, plus plans for Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel.

Now, it appears more super hero fun is on the way. It was just announced at D23 Expo Japan that the Marvel Super Hero universe will also come to Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, where Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure, in which guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this attraction’s transformation.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-japan-rock-n-roller-coaster/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q2wo201180024A

40 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Attraction at Epcot Will Be One of World’s Longest Enclosed Coasters

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/02/d23j-update-guardians-of-the-galaxy-at-epcot/?CMP=SOC-DPFY18Q2wo201180020A

Sure, it'll be the World's longest enclosed coaster, taking 45 minutes to complete a ride, but it will only go 1.5 mph.  And they still haven't figured out how to fit Ellen into the Guardians theme.  

22 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Sure, it'll be the World's longest enclosed coaster, taking 45 minutes to complete a ride, but it will only go 1.5 mph.  And they still haven't figured out how to fit Ellen into the Guardians theme.  

She'll be the one doing the Stupid Judy dance in the corner.

• 8 months later...

Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd just update this one. I don't know if y'all have seen it, but the frame of the show building for the new GOTG ride is up, and it's huge. 

I snapped these photos today. The old Universe of Energy building is stripped and gutted:

IMG_3611_zpsq4dkzqh2.jpg

What surprised me is how far away the new show building is from the old Universe of Energy building.  The new building actually seems closer to the old Wonders of Life pavilion. Take a look at this photo- that's the corner of the new building closest to the old Universe of Energy building:

IMG_3614_zpsiw9hvrwq.jpg

That surprises me  

TCD