1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's $5 per campsite per night- for all the pets at the campsite.  Not per pet.

I'm sure that the rationalization for the charge is to cover the cost of poop bags and extra clean-up,  But, let's be real- it's a money grab.  If half of the sites at the Fort have pets, that's another $2000 a night of revenue that they rake in.  That little $5 a night charge could easily bring in $700K a year in extra revenue.  They could buy designer poop bags and still laugh all the way to the bank.

Disney always wins.

TCD

Could also be to cover an insurance rider of some kind. I know a lot of state campgrounds up here dont allow dogs for liability reasons. 

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It's $5 per campsite per night- for all the pets at the campsite.  Not per pet.

I'm sure that the rationalization for the charge is to cover the cost of poop bags and extra clean-up,  But, let's be real- it's a money grab.  If half of the sites at the Fort have pets, that's another $2000 a night of revenue that they rake in.  That little $5 a night charge could easily bring in $700K a year in extra revenue.  They could buy designer poop bags and still laugh all the way to the bank.

Disney always wins.

TCD

Some others on here may have encountered another campground that charges for pets, but I have never found one that does and I have been camping for years.  Some of them furnish the poop bags, but most do not.  In the past, we have never brought our dogs along when camping at the Fort, but will probably do so this year and just had not really thought about Disney charging a fee.  Just my opinion, but it's much more convenient to use your own poop bags and we always do that, so I guess in our case the charge could be justified if we use the dog run as, after all, they have to mow the grass there. 

I'm sure this charge can be rationalized in some manner, but I think it is ridiculous.