8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Maybe the DE (Drone Eradicator) was tied up somewhere else!

I can see why they don't want people flying them around (besides secrets) because of liability issues.

I say a video of someone getting hit pretty hard by a drone that was out of control.  Some of the more professional ones are a pretty good size.

I was at a stop light a while back and a guy was flying one over the road.  When he was bringing it back he hit a pole guy wire and the thing blew apart when it hit the ground.

We are straying off topic here (what else is new?), but I swore I heard on the news that you had to have a license from the FAA to fly a drone.

No?

TCD

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't for the life of me imagine a scenario where they would ever reuse that pool.   They're never going to reopen a water park there, and if they ever build a DVC resort, that pool is so outdated i

Confirmation photo via the ForgottenDisneyWorld Instagram account.     Cody

Who needs Captain Awesome when we have The Phantom of Florida on the job? This Phantom guy has a new Instagram account, and a new drone, and he captured and posted these images: In

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

We are straying off topic here (what else is new?), but I swore I heard on the news that you had to have a license from the FAA to fly a drone.

No?

TCD

You don't need a license but are now required to register the drone as long as the operator uses it strictly for recreation. If it is under 1/2 lb there is not a registration requirement at all. If you are operating the drone for business it requires a remote pilot airman certificate. There are other restrictions for non-licensed operators such as line of site but I suspect few will know about these or bother learning.

I wonder if they would consider re-purposing the area for use in the near future.
One idea i have is to make it a larger playground, you already have a few slides and the stairs built for them, maybe a lil revamp, 

themed river country play ground/ play area 

a boy can dream right?!

Here's a re-hijack. When I was young, you could buy one of those wrist sling shots at Kmart.  Not that I would have participated, but I bet young kids would have used them to thin the drone herd. There would have been risks too, but what an epic battle.

20 hours ago, caveat lector said:

Here's a re-hijack. When I was young, you could buy one of those wrist sling shots at Kmart.  Not that I would have participated, but I bet young kids would have used them to thin the drone herd. There would have been risks too, but what an epic battle.

They still sell those sling shots