2 hours ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

We need a "TCD" Bat-signal to shine in the skies over the Fort whenever he is needed..... :ph34r:

(A Big-A** Bat Signal! Awesome!  I think I just tied 3 different threads together  LOL! )

Shouldn't it be a Big A** Spike Signal or BASS?

Or how about BAGG  Big A** Giddyup and Go?  Can have a takeout bucket flashing in the sky!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't for the life of me imagine a scenario where they would ever reuse that pool.   They're never going to reopen a water park there, and if they ever build a DVC resort, that pool is so outdated i

Confirmation photo via the ForgottenDisneyWorld Instagram account.     Cody

Who needs Captain Awesome when we have The Phantom of Florida on the job? This Phantom guy has a new Instagram account, and a new drone, and he captured and posted these images: In

It's interesting that they are filling in the pool but otherwise not touching anything.

To me that indicates that there are no plans anytime soon to develop that area. After all, why fill in what you are planning on removing?

That wouldn't make any sense unless there will be no more work done there for quite awhile.

But then again this is Disney, so who knows....    

Maybe I missed reading it but are they only filling the pool and leaving the "lagoon" area filled with water.

I see the way they are filling it in leaves them open to be able to dig out and repair the pool in the future or will probably not be to much more excavation to dig the pool out then they would have to do anyway to build something there. So it really leaves it open for any possibility and takes away a large liability.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can't for the life of me imagine a scenario where they would ever reuse that pool.   They're never going to reopen a water park there, and if they ever build a DVC resort, that pool is so outdated in design it would never be considered part of a high end pool complex IMO.   The shape is outdated, the depth is outdated, it needs resurfacing, recoping, redesigning and resurrecting.  Any hope of the pool or any other component of River Country being reopened someday is just delusional nostalgia.

I can't for the life of me imagine a scenario where they would ever reuse that pool.   They're never going to reopen a water park there, and if they ever build a DVC resort, that pool is so outdated in design it would never be considered part of a high end pool complex IMO.   The shape is outdated, the depth is outdated, it needs resurfacing, recoping, redesigning and resurrecting.  Any hope of the pool or any other component of River Country being reopened someday is just delusional nostalgia.

I agree 100%, my guess is this was just the cheapest and fastest way to remove that liability. What does it cost to have some truckloads of dirt and a crew to fill it versus a complete demolition where I assume you would still have to truck some fill into the site once everything was removed? This is a forgotten corner of property to the general public, so a quick and easy job was probably their goal. Get it done and move on.

Cody

10 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

How do you know it was a drone?  Maybe Yuri got himself a REALLY long stick.  

Of course!  I should have thought of that!

I reckon the photo of the drone that The Phantom is using as his Instagram profile pic is just to throw us off.

5 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Maybe he borrowed this one...

LOL.

A couple of true geniuses.

TCD

32 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Of course!  I should have thought of that!

I reckon the photo of the drone that The Phantom is using as his Instagram profile pic is just to throw us off.

LOL.

A couple of true geniuses.

TCD

Might be a new Budweiser commercial in this one.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You make a good point.

Didn't you post on another thread that the rules were updated to prohibit drones at Fort Wilderness?

So how did the Phantom get those photos?

Only the Phantom knows.

TCD

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following items may not be brought into the Parks:

1. Recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built-in wheels.

Also on the Fort  Vehicles, Carts, and Recreational Devices Rules page they hand out at check -in it says no drones, and on the back side under unauthorized vehicles it has a picture of a drone.

But it also says cart operators must be 16 and licensed...

12 minutes ago, fotofx....Steve said:

I was there this past weekend and a kid (pre-teen) was flying a drone in the 100 loop while staff was right there. No one said a word.

Classic.

Here's a copy of the rules.  The no drones part is thrown in there at the very end, right after the no skateboards rule that is never enforced either:

FW%20Vehicle%20Rules_zpseeqxfcrv.jpg

Hey-

Do you think that kid was The Phantom?

TCD

13 minutes ago, fotofx....Steve said:

I was there this past weekend and a kid (pre-teen) was flying a drone in the 100 loop while staff was right there. No one said a word.

Maybe the DE (Drone Eradicator) was tied up somewhere else!

I can see why they don't want people flying them around (besides secrets) because of liability issues.

I say a video of someone getting hit pretty hard by a drone that was out of control.  Some of the more professional ones are a pretty good size.

I was at a stop light a while back and a guy was flying one over the road.  When he was bringing it back he hit a pole guy wire and the thing blew apart when it hit the ground.