Do Cats require to be in a pet loop?

We have an indoor cat (only 6 months old) that we take with us when we camp in our motor home. She travels well and behaves nicely when my wife and I leave her for a while during sight seeing or other trips away from the motor home.

Do cats require a camping site in the "pet loops" like dogs do?

I'm not sure if they would require you to be in a pet loop and or charge you the 5.00 a night pet fee. This may come down to the CM when you check in and I would guess it's up to you if you told them that you were traveling with a cat or not. I would recommend telling them just so if something were to happen it is noted on your reservation that you have a pet with you. Hopefully someone will be along shortly thay will know better than I do.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yep - just says "pets" doesn't specify dogs only. 

I've seen cats, ferrets, rabbits and even a pot bellied pig once.  The first 3 were all in the same camper.  The last one was being walked on a leash.  ;)

We've been to the Fort with rabbits before.  But we also had dogs with us, were in 500 and paid the pet fee, so I'm not really sure if they would have charged us the fee for just the rabbits.  I suppose I could avoid the fee by having tiny little vests made and claiming they were service animals.  :lol:   Yes, I realize that last comment may open Pandora's Box regarding service animals.  So to be clear, NO I would not do that.  I would never claim that our bunnies are service animals.  In fact, they'd make terrible service animals.  They're usually pretty blitzed on scotch by 4pm, and they'd likely lead you into unsafe situations, like into a wall, or a canal.  

6 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I would never claim that our bunnies are service animals.  In fact, they'd make terrible service animals.  They're usually pretty blitzed on scotch by 4pm, and they'd likely lead you into unsafe situations, like into a wall, or a canal.  

Video or it didn't happen. 

5 hours ago, parrothead7368 aka Norm said:

Nope, when they asked, I told them and showed the cast member and she laughed and said she thought we were kidding.

That is fantastic!!

3 hours ago, keith_h said:

I can see Disney justifying the pet fee for dogs with keeping up the dog park, providing doggy doo stations and other stuff like that. It's hard for me to come up with arguments for other animals having fees other than Disney not wanting to ruffle the feathers of the pet equality folks.

I'm sure there's some expense there, although yeah, it's pretty much exclusively related to dogs.  I suppose if your pet digs up a water line or shorts out one of the lights along the road whilst peeing on it, they've at least got the $35 they charged you for said pet being there for a week.

As for them keeping it generic with "pet" and not specifically "dog" -- see "pig on a leash"  ;)

Of course on the flip side, if I want to bring my "pet" Jersey cow... hey, you said "pet" and Bessie is a treasured family member.  Here's your 5 bucks.

To expand on what I said about having my cat with us is we were charged $5 per day for each dog. We had 4 with us. But we only got charged $5 and only $5 for the cat. I remember the CM asking to pet the cat because he could hear her breathing (it sounded like snoring. this was 1.5 month before the surgery to remove the abscess from her nose). When we got set up I took wrigley out of the crate and put her paws on the concrete pad. My wife gave me a look because she knows I was over protective of her being outside but I said to her smartly "if they're charging for Wrigley I at least want her to touch Disney property once"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bhall said:

To expand on what I said about having my cat with us is we were charged $5 per day for each dog. We had 4 with us. But we only got charged $5 and only $5 for the cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your cat loving CM may have goofed. They're only supposed to charge you $5 per night regardless of how many dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets or pot belly pigs you have.

We've never been charged more than $5/night and have always gone with 2-3 dogs.