Survey Hints at Cuts to Passholder Benefits

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that a new Disney survey is asking Passholders what they think about the idea of having their passes blocked out when a new attraction is opened at WDW:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-disney-world-locals-passholders-discontent-20160826-story.html

An excerpt:

Florencio Bulanhagui didn't like what he saw in a questionnaire about possible future restrictions on Walt Disney World passes.

The Disney survey asked what he would do if his pass blocked access a couple of months after the opening of a new attraction, parade or show at a theme park. Would he pay additional admission to get an early peek? Upgrade to a pass that allowed him to visit? Or simply wait until the restrictions were lifted?

As has been discussed on other recent threads, survey questions reflect ideas that have been seriously discussed and considered by Disney suits.

This idea is right in line with the current philosophy to cut back and charge more.

I can totally see them doing something like this.  It would let them market the new attractions as being exclusive to guests willing to pay full price for tickets.

The funny thing is that there isn't going to be a new attraction, parade or show at a WDW theme park for a year or more!

TCD

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that a new Disney survey is asking Passholders what they think about the idea of having their passes blocked out when a new attraction is opened at WDW:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-disney-world-locals-passholders-discontent-20160826-story.html

An excerpt:

Florencio Bulanhagui didn't like what he saw in a questionnaire about possible future restrictions on Walt Disney World passes.

The Disney survey asked what he would do if his pass blocked access a couple of months after the opening of a new attraction, parade or show at a theme park. Would he pay additional admission to get an early peek? Upgrade to a pass that allowed him to visit? Or simply wait until the restrictions were lifted?

As has been discussed on other recent threads, survey questions reflect ideas that have been seriously discussed and considered by Disney suits.

This idea is right in line with the current philosophy to cut back and charge more.

I can totally see them doing something like this.  It would let them market the new attractions as being exclusive to guests willing to pay full price for tickets.

The funny thing is that there isn't going to be a new attraction, parade or show at a WDW theme park for a year or more!

TCD

They are getting prepared for all the new attractions coming in 2017-2019.

Wonder if they asked 

D: Not renew the pass and go somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Travisma said:

Wonder if they asked 

D: Not renew the pass and go somewhere else.

LOL.

I should ask them if I can get some of my money back when they don't open something that they promised.

Like Rivers of Light.  I specifically paid more when I renewed my pass so it wouldn't have block out dates and I could enjoy all of the "Summer Awakens" stuff.  As we now know, that was all a huge flop.

And then there's the new Frozen ride, which is inoperable more that it's operable, and impossible to get FP+'s for.

I should have known better.

TCD

13 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Plenty of time to implement the changes prior to AP holders getting to enjoy the new attractions under the old system with the old prices and restrictions...or lack thereof 

Cody

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

4 hours ago, Travisma said:

Yeah and those are going to be some doozies that are likely to draw some big crowds.  Star Wars Land??  Fuggedaboutit.  That opening should make the first Harry Potter land opening look like the opening of a new Dunkin Donuts.

(for those of you not in the Northeast, there is currently a Dunkin Donuts about every 100 yards up here)

I've heard more than a few people say they're holding off on their next trip until some of that big new stuff is open.

For those of us that own annual passes and don't actually live close to WDW, this is horrible.  We are not in a situation that allows us to come back in a couple months to see something new.  This would be a policy that makes my annual pass more difficult to justify.

4 hours ago, kadancer said:

For those of us that own annual passes and don't actually live close to WDW, this is horrible.  We are not in a situation that allows us to come back in a couple months to see something new.  This would be a policy that makes my annual pass more difficult to justify.

Agreed! Us out of staters pay a bloody fortune for our annual passes, and have to pay the entire amount up front. Also talk about slowing up the lines for new attractions, that means EVERY person entering the line will have to scan their pass, MB, etc to enter the line. Then the poor CMs having to deny entry to those that don't have the correct pass to see that attraction. I hope they are not planning on denying entry to the rest of the park for APs during those times?

10 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Agreed! Us out of staters pay a bloody fortune for our annual passes, and have to pay the entire amount up front. Also talk about slowing up the lines for new attractions, that means EVERY person entering the line will have to scan their pass, MB, etc to enter the line. Then the poor CMs having to deny entry to those that don't have the correct pass to see that attraction. I hope they are not planning on denying entry to the rest of the park for APs during those times?

The original post that TCD put up, makes it sound like you would have to pay an extra admission price to get into the parks themselves.  They would just alter the black out dates.

So now we are heading into a new Diamond AP range or maybe the exclusive mysterious "Black" super secret AP that only the 1%ers are allowed to have.

Disney is the industry leader in creative ways to gouge customers.

We only need look as far as the other coast to see things that may be heading our way.

Over there, they have days where AP's are blocked out for Disneyland park, but can still be used at California Adventure.  They also are stingy with what AP's get parking.  And, you can't cheat and park in a resort or Downtown Disney there, because there is no free parking at their hotels or Downtown Disney.

So, if they pull this stuff here, I think they won't just be blocking access to new attractions, but to the entire park.

TCD

On August 29, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

An excerpt:

TCD

Well - doesn't this just suck lemons!!!  Another way for them to haul in more money.

On August 29, 2016 at 9:39 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I agree Carol, and that's another reason to find other things to do with my Disney time and dollars.  DVC points can go to exchanges elsewhere and my poor depressed Canadian $$ can be spent elsewhere.

On 8/30/2016 at 7:56 AM, DaveInTN said:

Folks, y'all need to join me on the Dolly side.  We have cinnamon bread.   

Just went 3 weeks ago, bread is good! Must sell a lot of it too, lots of rotten teeth around to prove it.....different clientele so say the least. Rides were good for the price and had an aire of danger to sone of them in a fun, yet un-inspected kind of way, Especially the Mountain Sidewinder.