OK I have a question to those that have used it. Did you use the Eternabond çleaner and primer or not? If not how did you install it? Just put it on, clean with soap and water , mineral spirits, brake cleaner? Send me in the right direction. I ordered me a 4"x50' roll.

Since Larry  most likely won't answer, I will.

I used the Eternabond cleaner, but not the primer and it worked fine.  just measure the length, cut with a big scissors or some sheet metal cutters, which is what i used, snap the end a little back and forth to start it separating from the backing and start putting it down, peeling away the backing as you go. I used a wallpaper seam roller over the whole length to make sure of a good bond. The stuff sticks to everything except silicone.

53 minutes ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Since Larry  most likely won't answer, I will.

I used the Eternabond cleaner, but not the primer and it worked fine.  just measure the length, cut with a big scissors or some sheet metal cutters, which is what i used, snap the end a little back and forth to start it separating from the backing and start putting it down, peeling away the backing as you go. I used a wallpaper seam roller over the whole length to make sure of a good bond. The stuff sticks to everything except silicone.

I did the same.   Used the cleaner.  Not sure it was necessary but it didn't cost a lot and was simple to do.   

Used it on the hybrid and think we stopped the leaks.  Good stuff. 

I want to get up on my mobile home roof, or better yet let the godson get up there,  and fix the leaks.  I see no reason the Eternabond wouldn't work on my roof.  Have a metal roof and think the leaky part is by the chimney, at least one of the leaks is.

8 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

Used it on the hybrid and think we stopped the leaks.  Good stuff. 

I want to get up on my mobile home roof, or better yet let the godson get up there,  and fix the leaks.  I see no reason the Eternabond wouldn't work on my roof.  Have a metal roof and think the leaky part is by the chimney, at least one of the leaks is.

When I bought my van used 6 years ago, it had a leak along the top of the windshield.  I found out about it the first time it rained after bringing it home....water ran in and dripped down on the steering wheel, shorting the horn and causing it to begin blaring non-stop.  After hurriedly popping the hood and disconnecting the horn to get it to stop...I began looking into ways to get the leak to stop.  The dealer that sold it to me paid for one of those leak fix places to come out and fix it.  Worked for about 2 weeks, but then after another storm the inside was wet again.  I had some black Eternabond laying around, so I ran a strip of it along the top of the windshield, completely covering the gasket, adhering to the steel roof on top and the glass at the top of the windshield.  Leak was fixed.  Six years later it's still fixed.  Eternabond is good stuff.   

When I used Eternabond on my motorhome many years ago, I used acetone for cleaning and also used the primer.  Not sure if it helped, but it definitely didn't hurt.  All the Eternabond was still on it when I sold it 4 years ago.  I am going to be using Eternabond on my trailer in the near future and I'll use acetone & primer again.

15 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

For those of you who used acetone. Did you clean with soap and water first or just the acetone? Also did you rinse the acetone off with water before applying the tape? Thanks for the help.

I rinsed off the roof as good as I could and then let it dry (didn't take long in the 100 degree Texas heat at the time).  I then used the acetone to clean the areas where I was going to apply the Eternabond.  I didn't rinse it off, I just waited for it to evaporate.  I then applied the primer and then the Eternabond.  I will be following the same procedure on my trailer, except I will be doing it this fall instead of the 100 degree heat this time.  :)

1 hour ago, NLPRacing said:

I rinsed off the roof as good as I could and then let it dry (didn't take long in the 100 degree Texas heat at the time).  I then used the acetone to clean the areas where I was going to apply the Eternabond.  I didn't rinse it off, I just waited for it to evaporate.  I then applied the primer and then the Eternabond.  I will be following the same procedure on my trailer, except I will be doing it this fall instead of the 100 degree heat this time.  :)

Good plan.

Haven't gone outside yet today, but yesterday was cooler only in the high 80s.  But we had lots of cloud cover, off and on rain and a good breeze.......................

Took Lucky for a walk, it's pleasant out there today.  :)  A lot of times after a hurricane blows past it's so sticky hot it's miserable.  It is humid, but in the mid 70s (at the moment)  that will change as the sun rises.

• 3 weeks later...