First MNSSHP of 2016

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if he has to blow on the backpack so it will work.

You can see the part of it where he already smacked it on his knee...

This will be short and sweet. By TCD TR standards, that is. No member of the TCD gang attended a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) last year.  The TCD twins were in California,

What a blast. I gave always wanted to attend a MNSSHP. We throw around ideas on what we all could go as. With the size of my crew we could just about cover all characters in any movie lol. 

Great pictures, some disturbing, but great none the less. 

20 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

OK, let's finish up with these guest photos so we can move on to the actual party.

aiw%20family_zpsjkp2acrr.jpg

Looks like Alice has been doing some tea cup curls!  Check out the "guns" on "her"

16 hours ago, kadancer said:

What fun!  Wish I could be at the party this year.  It is one of my favorites....

I am glad that we got to go.  It's still a fun time, but they have taken away quite a few things over the past two to three years, and the parties are way more crowded than they used to be.

14 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

What a blast. I gave always wanted to attend a MNSSHP. We throw around ideas on what we all could go as. With the size of my crew we could just about cover all characters in any movie lol. 

Great pictures, some disturbing, but great none the less. 

You could cover just about any movie.

I'll bet I missed a lot of disturbing photos because of the rain.  I'll have to try again.

14 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

To be a kid in the 80's. 

I wouldn't know.  I was a kid in the 70's.  I just missed the video game fad. That's why I didn't know about that Zelda backpack.

14 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

You're making me regret that I'm not attending the party this year, but hopefully hanging out with my favorite villains will make up for that. 

Was one of the ones you were confused about from Zootopia? 

If you're looking for villains, then you are making the right choice.  They have really cut back on the villains at MNSSHP.

12 hours ago, Beckers said:

By the end of the night there must be some stinky people and costumes. I can't imagine tromping around in 3/4 of these costumes in the heat. No thanks 

So true.

It's still very much summer here.  These folks caught a small break because the rain and clouds dropped the temperature a bit.  It was still plenty warm.

TCD

Well,. I said this would be short and sweet.

It's definitely going to be short.

We will finish up with the photos in this post.

After our people-watching session, we headed to the Firehouse to get our SOTMK cards.

We had to stand in a bit of a line in the rain to get them, but we got them.  These are going for $20-ish on Ebay.  I think the price will drop as there are more parties:

9%202%2016%20092_zps9uc1ox3z.jpg

We spent some time in the Emporium, and the girls got some MNSSHP gear.  They have a special passholder shirt for sale, which is kind of cool.

The drizzle continued on, and we had about an hour before the official start of the party.

We decided to head up through the Main Street bypass to see what was going on back there.  They were passing out treat bags there, and also doing some Photopass Magic Shots.  We were surprised to see that they have the Halloween statues that used to be in the Hub on display back here:

9%202%2016%20093_zpspnqb9ibp.jpg

We headed back to Adventureland, and the rain was still lightly falling.  We ducked under cover and for a bit, and the rain stopped.  Which was a great thing.  At about 6:45, we headed back toward the Jungle Cruise, and were surprised to see that they already had the candy station there open.  We got our first candy there.  The CM's there were being generous, and we went through the line two or three times.

Then we headed to the Tiki Room.  They didn't open this candy station early, so we waited there for the rope drop.  And, in we went!  Twin #1 was looking forward to this one, as she used to work it, and liked being able to go inside the Tiki Room and look around.  They were generous with the candy there too, and we did that loop a couple of times.

Then we headed over to Pirates.  We passed the Captain Jack meet and greet line on the way there, and it was way longer than anything we'd want to wait in.  The Pirates candy line was not as good a set up as Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room, so we only went through it once.

By this time, we noticed that this party was a bit on the crowded side, and we decided that we had better head back to Main Street so we could be sure to get curb seats for the first parade.  I really was looking forward to seeing the Headless Horseman.

We found a great spot and claimed it.  While we waited, we headed off in twos to do things like Magic Shots.  Twin #1 and I went all the way up to the front of the park to see if we could get the Headless Horseman one, but we found out that they wouldn't start those until it was completely dark.

But, we did get this one.  The photographer told us to look at my arm.  I looked at my shoulder, and that's where Iago ended up:

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_779

I guess we got all of these photos without the watermarks because we're passholders.  I think if we only had MNSSHP tickets, then we would have to pay to get these to download.

Our first disappointment of the night came when we found out that they had to scrub the Headless Horseman because the road was still wet from the light rain.

They didn't scrub the Zootopia Creepa Crew though:

fox%20photo_zpsncgbf7mm.jpg

The parade was great.

I think this was the first time Jasmine has shown up in this new costume.  I don't think FWG would approve:

al%20and%20jasmine_zps8nu7wmmw.jpg

I appreciate that the Country Bears are still part of the parade:

mnsshp%20country%20bears_zpsmb9na3lx.jpg

Another disappointment came when the Haunted Mansion float came by.  The man and the dog were not part of this year's parade.  I always liked them.

About half-way through the parade, Wreck-It Ralph came by, and then we saw Vanellope riding on Goofy's candy machine, which is normally at the end of the parade.  For a moment, I thought the parade had been substantially shortened, but this is no longer the last float:

vanellope_zpsqriw37vn.jpg

After the parade, we headed to the Hub, and found a spot to watch the new Hocus Pocus stage show.  It was really crowded, but we found a decent spot where we didn't have to stand behind anyone with their kids up on their shoulders.  The show is very well done, but we probably won't take valuable party time to watch it again.  After the show, we decided to stay put for Celebrate the Magic and Hallowishes, even though Twin #1 went on a recon mission and reported that there was lots of Hub Grass space available.

This was a good spot for Celebrate the Magic:

ctm%20photo_zpsztubzwym.jpg

And then for Hallowishes:

hallowishes%201_zpswaggvgls.jpg

hallowishes%202_zpsxoivr0pz.jpg

hallowishes%203_zpsgmiwwueh.jpg

It was 10:30 by the time all of that was done.

Which meant we only had a hour and a half of party time left.

It sure goes fast.

By the way, we had not been on a single ride during the party.

We decided to head from here back to Story Book Circus, and make our way from there back to Frontierland where we would try to see the Headless Horseman ride before the second parade.

The candy lines in Storybook Circus were awesome. They kicked the characters out of the tent, and had the candy barrels inside there.  We loaded up in there, and even started second bags.

Then we headed through Fantasyland, past Peter Pan, and the Haunted Mansion and found a spot to where we could sit on a ledge and watch the parade in Frontierland.  There were people seated on the ground in front of us, and they all stayed seated for the parade, which was nice.

The Headless Horseman did ride for the second parade:

hh%201_zpsmit1my3j.jpg

hh%202_zpslrqhmqnj.jpg

Sadly, the Haunted Mansion guy with the dog was still missing in the second parade.

After the parade passed, we cut through to Adventureland, and hit the candy stations there again.

Then we headed to the Train Station for a final chance at the Headless Horseman magic shot.

We lined up at about 11:50.  There was no CM there to cut the line.  The photographer was slow, and the clock hit midnight as we waited.  But, the photographer kept on going, and we got our photo at about 12:05:

PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_779

And then we were done.

That really went fast.

To recap- we saw the parade twice, saw the Hocus Pocus show once, watched Hallowishes from the Hub, and got about two bags full of candy each.  We got several photopass Magic Shots, but did not meet a single character or ride a ride. 

Strangely, I thought it was worth it, and would do it again.

That's all.

TCD

Smacking myself in the head. We arrived at WDW around 5 pm on Friday but went to check out Disney Springs. I would have loved to have sat outside MK and watched party guests arrive. I didn't think of that. Were there fewer elaborate costumes this year? From your pictures it seems like a number were more like Disney bounding clothes than costumes.

1 hour ago, lightbikes said:

Looks like a great party - and I love the Headless Horseman shot - so cool!

I love that Headless Horseman shot too.

59 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

Thanks for sharing, it looks like you guys had a blast!

We did have a blast.  But, we have blasts on normal park days too.

41 minutes ago, Seals said:

Smacking myself in the head. We arrived at WDW around 5 pm on Friday but went to check out Disney Springs. I would have loved to have sat outside MK and watched party guests arrive. I didn't think of that. Were there fewer elaborate costumes this year? From your pictures it seems like a number were more like Disney bounding clothes than costumes.

The second MNSSHP is tonight!  Get yourself over to the MK for the people watching.

I do think the costumes were less elaborate than for other parties we've been to.  It seems like there is less buzz about the parties this year.  And, remember, they have all new costume rules, which they didn't publish until very recently.  I think that may have chilled guests' enthusiasm about planning costumes.

This party was relatively crowded, which is to be expected since it was the first one of the season.  It will be interesting to see how attendance is going forward, as they have once again jacked up the price and have taken away some of the things that make the party special. 

TCD

55 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The second MNSSHP is tonight!  Get yourself over to the MK for the people watching.

I wish I could!  We left yesterday morning.  We had a great time though and I saw a lot of Disney bounding when we were in the parks which may have been re-used MNSSHP costumes.

That Headless Horseman shot is AWESOME! 

The price increase was a big reason I decided not to go this year. The night my group is going was $85 or so. Of course, Disney still wins. I'm paying more than that for the villains event. At least it's something new though, and it includes food and drinks. 

Looks and sounds like a blast. Probably will never make it to a MNSSHP as it is really hard to pull the kids from school to head down there. Maybe when the grandkids come along we could enjoy it before they are in school.

Love the people watching pics. Just as if we were sitting there with you guys. Can't wait to come back down.