First MNSSHP of 2016

This will be short and sweet.

By TCD TR standards, that is.

No member of the TCD gang attended a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) last year.  The TCD twins were in California, and the rest of the TCD gang's discretionary vacation funds were spent making trips there.

As this year's MNSSHP season approached, we all agreed that we needed to attend one of the parties, at least.

Why not go to the first one?

So we did.

It was on Friday night, September 2.

That's really early for Halloween.

So what?

The original plans involved only me and the twins.

The oldest TCD DD was supposed to be flying to Washington, DC on Friday morning, after having returned from a business trip to north Florida.

Then Tropical Storm/Hurricane Hermine changed those plans.

On Thursday night, September 1, I hopped online hoping I could buy one more ticket.

I could.

So we were good to go.

Almost.

There was the matter of a costume.

The twins had come up with a clever idea, and made costumes for the three of us.

I said oldest DD could wear mine, and I would wear a generic Halloween shirt.

The twins would have none of that.  They really wanted me to wear the costume they had made me.

So, we scraped up something for the oldest DD.

We had A LOT of rain on Thursday night and Friday morning.  Like record setting rain.  But, fortunately, the storm stayed out in the gulf, and didn't come ashore near us.

We were good to go early Friday afternoon.

We met up at WDW, and used our AP's to go in to the MK early.

Here are our costumes- we are the Disney dragons:

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7790625891_zpspaqu

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7790632307_zpsg9zw

We were early enough to catch the Festival of Fantasy parade, but not early enough for curbside seats.  Still, we got a pretty good spot near Casey's Corner.  The fall decorations are up at the MK:

9%202%2016%20001_zps3egqinsi.jpg

They started the parade a bit early.  I think it was because it sure looked like some rain was on the way:

9%202%2016%20002_zpsc90z4p3y.jpg

There was stuff missing from the parade.  Like that big mime that goes with the Tangled float.  Fine by me.

Also missing was the big whale float that they repurposed from Japan.  That's a big float, and it was just not there.  The characters who normally ride on that float were walking behind Mickey and Minnie's balloon:

9%202%2016%20011_zpssyaxwn1t.jpg

9%202%2016%20012_zpsrcsggd3x.jpg

9%202%2016%20013_zpshkgwrhwh.jpg

9%202%2016%20014_zpsxwjncj6t.jpg

Chip, Dale and Goofy were at the very end, which is not where they normally appear in the parade:

9%202%2016%20016_zpsj9vhmrtr.jpg

9%202%2016%20017_zpscbowfefw.jpg

The next order of business was for us to catch the updated Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire (MRFF), or "merf" as we call it in the TCD gang.  Today was the very first day that they were going to perform a new fall themed song in the show.

So, we headed over to the castle to see what the situation was there.

The promise of hearing that new song did not attract a crowd.  Which meant we didn't need to claim a spot quite this early.  I had made us some FP+ reservations, and we had one that was good for a ride on Space Mountain, and I suggested that we go and to that, and then come back for merf.  But, then something started happening up on the stage. 

It was this:

9%202%2016%20018_zps6fwfisz0.jpg

That's Princess Elena.  A new princess who came out of nowhere.  She was being welcomed to Disney World by Cinderella and her prince.

Wait, check out the backpacks on these guys.  What's up with that?:

9%202%2016%20019_zpscmfax2ht.jpg

I don't know. 

Let's move along.  Elena has a guitar, and a nice dress.  I'm sure there are miniature versions of both on sale at all the park stores:

9%202%2016%20021_zpsrxiil68d.jpg

That little show was mercifully short. Completely painless.  Which is good.  I know nothing about any of this.  Nothing.  I had to ask the TCD girls who the girl in the red dress was.

There weren't many people around, so we decided to head to Tomorrowland.

Did you known they're painting the rocks at the entrance to Tomorrowland from the hub different colors?  Well, they are:

9%202%2016%20023_zpscv9jcthl.jpg

9%202%2016%20024_zpsrjeanrmb.jpg

The girls wanted to get a photo at the Purple Wall.  It's famous with the Instagram crowd:

dragons%20at%20purple%20wall_zps5zjdfypc

There actually were a lot of purple wall photos.

After which, we realized that it would probably be better if we went and got a spot to watch merf rather than go ride Space Mountain.

That's what we did , and here's merf:

9%202%2016%20025_zpsaz3c8riw.jpg

When this show premiered earlier this summer, Louis the alligator was cut from the show, as Disney was still reeling from the negative publicity generated by the alligator incident at the Grand Floridian.  But, he's in the show now:

9%202%2016%20026_zpszo8dv037.jpg

The new fall song was just that.  A new song that mentioned that it was autumn/fall, and the dancers had some fall themed costumes to go along with the new number:

9%202%2016%20033_zpsanzpt6f9.jpg

I guess this fall song will be around for a couple of months.  Then, we'll get a winter one.  And after that, a spring one.  I can hardly wait.

There's some daytime pyrotechnics in the merf finale, but I didn't do too good getting pictures of them:

9%202%2016%20044_zpsozox4wgz.jpg

9%202%2016%20046_zps3btxo1xl.jpg

After merf, we headed in to Tomorrowland, and had to stand in a bit of line to have our MNSSHP tickets scanned and pick up our wristbands.  They stared us off with a little sample bag of candy, which we admired as we rode the People Mover:

9%202%2016%20047_zpsoi7trtlw.jpg

After the People Mover, I wanted to head to Space Mountain, and then maybe take the train to Frontierland and ride some stuff on that side of the park.

The girls had a better idea.

I had forgotten a TCD gang tradition.

We needed to grab a Starbucks and go to the beginning of Main Street and watch our fellow MNSSHP guests arrive in their costumes.

People were digging our costumes, by the way.

Including the young lady who took my Starbucks order:

9%202%2016%20048_zps9wktc5sf.jpg

We need to stop here.

So, I'll have room in the next post for a bunch of MNSSHP guest costume photos.

There were some good ones. 

And, as always, some interesting ones.

I'll share them all.

TCD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder if he has to blow on the backpack so it will work.

You can see the part of it where he already smacked it on his knee...

This will be short and sweet. By TCD TR standards, that is. No member of the TCD gang attended a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) last year.  The TCD twins were in California,

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Wait, check out the backpacks on these guys.  What's up with that?:

9%202%2016%20019_zpscmfax2ht.jpg

I don't know. 

The gold backpack is made to look like an old Nintendo Entertainment System cartridge for The Legend of Zelda. I havent see that before but kind of like it. Wouldnt buy it but coold none the less. 

3 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

The gold backpack is made to look like an old Nintendo Entertainment System cartridge for The Legend of Zelda. I havent see that before but kind of like it. Wouldnt buy it but coold none the less. 

:P

The Geek is strong with this one...!

4 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

17 hours ago, Travisma said:

I tried to purchase pins on Saturday and was told they only were out during MNSSHP hours.  Bummer...

Hmmm.  We were able to buy MNSSHP merchandise at around 6 pm in the Emporium.  They have a small section of it there, but they had CM's on duty, and only guests with MNSSHP wristbands were able to go into that small section to look at the merchandise.

I imagine it was the same deal back in Storybook Circus, where they had the pins.  If you had a wristband, you could probably buy the pins even before the official 7 pm start of the party.

16 hours ago, Dalspot ... Karen said:

Halloween already! Im ready for some cooler weather too!

We have had a hint of cool weather here in central Florida the past two mornings. But, it was only a hint, as we will be seeing 90 again today and the rest of the week.

14 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I am impressed.  Thanks for solving that mystery.

11 hours ago, bhall said:

:P

The Geek is strong with this one...!

True.

10 hours ago, Beckers said:

Looking forward to the rest!! Great costumes.

what variety are the m&m's? Not familiar with a green bag??

Ah, now there's a good question.

Here's what this year's trick or treat bags look like:

treat%20bag_zpskgu2eamt.jpg

treat%20bag.2_zpsdjls7fwb.jpg

And this is the other side of that starter treat bag:

goody%20bag_zpsrfim9od5.jpg

This is what was in the bag:

treat%20bag%20contents_zpskucqlof8.jpg

That's some odd stuff.

The M&M's are crispy M&M's.  I don't recall ever having those before.  The chocolate inside the candy shell is like a Nestlé's Crunch bar.  The Skittles are Orchard Flavors- Peach, Red Apple, Cherry, Orange and Lime.  The Snicker's bar is a "crisper" variety.  Also with the rice krispies and a lot of air in the chocolate.  I've never heard of a Goodness Knows bar- it is basically a granola bar with some dark chocolate added in.

The candy stations this year are sponsored by Mars/Wrigley, and it's all their products.  Not as much variety, but the quality is probably better than in the recent past.

10 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

yes. yes it is. I spent the weekend cleaning and refurbishing some of my old game consoles. 

Interesting.

10 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I'm in! Love the costumes. Great idea.

Thanks- we got a lot of compliments on the costumes.

Twin #2 is the one who came up with the idea of Disney dragons.

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

This went over my head.

Apparently, it's a geek joke?

8 hours ago, bhall said:

You can see the part of it where he already smacked it on his knee...

Another geek joke?

3 hours ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

Love the costumes!!  Looking forward to more!

Thanks.  More is on the way.

1 hour ago, Beckers said:

You both win for comments of the day!

If you say so.

I am guessing those comments are some kind of video game smack talk?

32 minutes ago, Duane said:

WooHoo, or should I say BooToYou, I'm coming along for the ride...

Boo To You, indeed!

I was so looking forward to hearing that song again.

30 minutes ago, wdwpoohbear...Jennifer said:

I love the Halloween Party much more than the Christmas Party.  I might have to get out to Disney to do it again this year!

I can't wait to read the rest of your trip report!

I agree.  I prefer the Halloween party too.

More is on the way!

TCD

Let's move along.

The special MK Halloween and Christmas parties don't officially start until 7:00 pm, but guests can use their party tickets to enter the park beginning at 4 pm.

As passholders, we were able to enter the park earlier, and that's what we did.  There was no back up at security when we entered.  We picked up our party wristbands at the checkpoint in Tomorrowland, so we were good to go.

When there's a Halloween party, we like to watch guests as they come in to the park.  We have found that the 4 pm crowd are serious party attenders, and the people watching is best then.  For this party, though, we didn't make it to our viewing spot until around 5:20, so we missed the very early arrivals.  The people watching was still good.

Those guests over there have great costumes:

9%202%2016%20049_zpsfuurg13b.jpg

Take a closer look, it's Henry and Teddy Barra from the Country Bear Jamboree:

cb%20costumes_zpshldyphkx.jpg

Henry even has Sammy the raccoon up there on his hat!

Oh, hey, it's a female Peter Pan:

9%202%2016%20050_zpsgy9i2d4q.jpg

We saw several Reys (from the Force Awakens) over the course of the evening, but this is the first one we saw, along with BB8.  Nobody really knew who they were last Halloween:

9%202%2016%20051_zpsis8aabk2.jpg

Take a closer look at those two:

rey%20and%20bb8_zpsf7q10avv.jpg

Wow.  Here come some Flyer fans.  Very rare:

9%202%2016%20052_zpsk8s34i1w.jpg

There's a nice Dalmatian family:

9%202%2016%20053_zpsfposyz7z.jpg

They need a Cruella, or at least those dog catcher guys:

dog%20fam_zps6gbrijzj.jpg

A lot of the costumes people wear are very clever, and take a moment to figure out.  For example, look at this group, and note who you see:

9%202%2016%20054_zpsfqq7jou0.jpg

Did you notice the Ariel and Flounder there on the left? 

flounder%20and%20ariel_zps5ilg3qz3.jpg

How about in this group- do you recognize any of the costumes?:

9%202%2016%20055_zps9kbpmmjf.jpg

Who is that guy with the Mickey eye black supposed to be? What about the guy in the Crocs?:

mnsshp%20group_zpszniiseru.jpg

There's a Mom who wanted to be Cinderella pre-fairy godmother:

9%202%2016%20056_zpsqfnnsuxy.jpg

It looks like one of the kids in that group has the new Elena dress, but then there's a Nick Wilde there, and an Alice in Wonderland.  I guess everyone in that family got to chose to wear any costume they wanted:

cinderella%20group_zpsezcpvr98.jpg

There's a Buckeye family.  But not the Buckeye family I like:

9%202%2016%20057_zpsuqbe0wkp.jpg

But, who is that dude in the long-sleeved dress shirt?  It wasn't exactly a cool afternoon:

buckeyes%20zoom_zpswnvwd4vk.jpg

I think these girls are supposed to be Dory and Darla from Finding Nemo:

9%202%2016%20058_zpszjnwr2rk.jpg

That one girl made herself some headgear out of tin foil.  A+:

darla%20and%20dory_zpscjfjp8c8.jpg

If you don't want to mess with costumes, you can't go wrong with matching t-shirts.  There goes the tie die t-shirt crew:

9%202%2016%20059_zps5cffbgzy.jpg

Here comes a new batch of guests- let's see what we have here:

9%202%2016%20060_zpsylawj3hp.jpg

It looks like we have Mrs. Incredible, a Mad Hatter, and a girl in a skirt who is probably supposed to be someone, but I don't know who:

mad%20hatter_zpszhvthpng.jpg

Hey, there goes the Wicked Witch:

9%202%2016%20061_zpsijx5ty3x.jpg

There's also a guy in a toga:

wicked%20witch_zpsqa3kqids.jpg

I thought this was Anna, Elsa and Kristoff:

9%202%2016%20062_zps6nttwau6.jpg

But, upon closer inspection, it looks like Kristoff is actually Sven:

anna%20elsa%20and%20sven_zpsecnxzlqa.jpg

And, they just keep coming:

9%202%2016%20063_zpszlbwzrts.jpg

I can pick out another Alice and Mad Hatter, but the rest of that group isn't much into costumes:

alice%20and%20mad%20hatter_zpsxdlhmujn.j

I'm not sure what these two new ladies are supposed to be:

9%202%2016%20064_zpsy89sotck.jpg

It looks like the girl in the yellow socks is sporting a tail. Those girls sitting there on the curb appear to be as confused as I am:

yellow%20socks_zpsqk3dxr4d.jpg

I like this group- they are all dressed as Photopass photographers:

9%202%2016%20065_zpskwwcqxtn.jpg

A closer look- they even all have cameras:

photopass%20photographers_zpsyf3l7jys.jp

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, there are Castmembers posted here directing all of the MNSSHP guests to head into the Main Street bypass- that's where they were passing out the candy bags to the arriving guests.  I haven't seen that done before:

9%202%2016%20066_zps66be3jty.jpg

I'm not sure who this lady is dressed as, but I like her style:

9%202%2016%20067_zpsptcpepjn.jpg

Just wow:

colorful%20lady_zpstjzgtblx.jpg

There's a guy in a Goofy hat, and a lady with a tiny hat:

9%202%2016%20068_zpsl4ooq0qa.jpg

Over to the left of that photo, we can see a couple of the green aliens from Toy Story, and Indiana Jones, I guess:

aliens%20and%20indy_zpsvfltexhy.jpg

There's some tropical folks there on the right, and pirates on the left:

9%202%2016%20069_zpsp2mtlpfy.jpg

That guy with the pirates has a fake baby in a baby carrier.  I am concerned about his intentions:

pirate_zpshl4jgazj.jpg

More party guests:

9%202%2016%20070_zpso4sam53s.jpg

I'm not sure what all is going on here- the guy has camo shorts, and the girl has blue hair and rainbow socks:

camo%20shorts_zpsulzqbdtq.jpg

How are you liking this all so far?

It was fun to see.

I'll stop here, and I'll have one more batch of costume photos for you to look at before we move on to the actual party.

TCD

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Let's move along.

The special MK Halloween and Christmas parties don't officially start until 7:00 pm, but guests can use their party tickets to enter the park beginning at 4 pm.

As passholders, we were able to enter the park earlier, and that's what we did.  There was no back up at security when we entered.  We picked up our party wristbands at the checkpoint in Tomorrowland, so we were good to go.

When there's a Halloween party, we like to watch guests as they come in to the park.  We have found that the 4 pm crowd are serious party attenders, and the people watching is best then.  For this party, though, we didn't make it to our viewing spot until around 5:20, so we missed the very early arrivals.  The people watching was still good.

Those guests over there have great costumes:

9%202%2016%20049_zpsfuurg13b.jpg

Take a closer look, it's Henry and Teddy Barra from the Country Bear Jamboree:

cb%20costumes_zpshldyphkx.jpg

Henry even has Sammy the raccoon up there on his hat!

Oh, hey, it's a female Peter Pan:

9%202%2016%20050_zpsgy9i2d4q.jpg

We saw several Reys (from the Force Awakens) over the course of the evening, but this is the first one we saw, along with BB8.  Nobody really knew who they were last Halloween:

9%202%2016%20051_zpsis8aabk2.jpg

Take a closer look at those two:

rey%20and%20bb8_zpsf7q10avv.jpg

Wow.  Here come some Flyer fans.  Very rare:

9%202%2016%20052_zpsk8s34i1w.jpg

There's a nice Dalmatian family:

9%202%2016%20053_zpsfposyz7z.jpg

They need a Cruella, or at least those dog catcher guys:

dog%20fam_zps6gbrijzj.jpg

A lot of the costumes people wear are very clever, and take a moment to figure out.  For example, look at this group, and note who you see:

9%202%2016%20054_zpsfqq7jou0.jpg

Did you notice the Ariel and Flounder there on the left? 

flounder%20and%20ariel_zps5ilg3qz3.jpg

How about in this group- do you recognize any of the costumes?:

9%202%2016%20055_zps9kbpmmjf.jpg

Who is that guy with the Mickey eye black supposed to be? What about the guy in the Crocs?:

mnsshp%20group_zpszniiseru.jpg

There's a Mom who wanted to be Cinderella pre-fairy godmother:

9%202%2016%20056_zpsqfnnsuxy.jpg

It looks like one of the kids in that group has the new Elena dress, but then there's a Nick Wilde there, and an Alice in Wonderland.  I guess everyone in that family got to chose to wear any costume they wanted:

cinderella%20group_zpsezcpvr98.jpg

There's a Buckeye family.  But not the Buckeye family I like:

9%202%2016%20057_zpsuqbe0wkp.jpg

But, who is that dude in the long-sleeved dress shirt?  It wasn't exactly a cool afternoon:

buckeyes%20zoom_zpswnvwd4vk.jpg

I think these girls are supposed to be Dory and Darla from Finding Nemo:

9%202%2016%20058_zpszjnwr2rk.jpg

That one girl made herself some headgear out of tin foil.  A+:

darla%20and%20dory_zpscjfjp8c8.jpg

If you don't want to mess with costumes, you can't go wrong with matching t-shirts.  There goes the tie die t-shirt crew:

9%202%2016%20059_zps5cffbgzy.jpg

Here comes a new batch of guests- let's see what we have here:

9%202%2016%20060_zpsylawj3hp.jpg

It looks like we have Mrs. Incredible, a Mad Hatter, and a girl in a skirt who is probably supposed to be someone, but I don't know who:

mad%20hatter_zpszhvthpng.jpg

Hey, there goes the Wicked Witch:

9%202%2016%20061_zpsijx5ty3x.jpg

There's also a guy in a toga:

wicked%20witch_zpsqa3kqids.jpg

I thought this was Anna, Elsa and Kristoff:

9%202%2016%20062_zps6nttwau6.jpg

But, upon closer inspection, it looks like Kristoff is actually Sven:

anna%20elsa%20and%20sven_zpsecnxzlqa.jpg

And, they just keep coming:

9%202%2016%20063_zpszlbwzrts.jpg

I can pick out another Alice and Mad Hatter, but the rest of that group isn't much into costumes:

alice%20and%20mad%20hatter_zpsxdlhmujn.j

I'm not sure what these two new ladies are supposed to be:

9%202%2016%20064_zpsy89sotck.jpg

It looks like the girl in the yellow socks is sporting a tail. Those girls sitting there on the curb appear to be as confused as I am:

yellow%20socks_zpsqk3dxr4d.jpg

I like this group- they are all dressed as Photopass photographers:

9%202%2016%20065_zpskwwcqxtn.jpg

A closer look- they even all have cameras:

photopass%20photographers_zpsyf3l7jys.jp

By the way, in case you haven't noticed, there are Castmembers posted here directing all of the MNSSHP guests to head into the Main Street bypass- that's where they were passing out the candy bags to the arriving guests.  I haven't seen that done before:

9%202%2016%20066_zps66be3jty.jpg

I'm not sure who this lady is dressed as, but I like her style:

9%202%2016%20067_zpsptcpepjn.jpg

Just wow:

colorful%20lady_zpstjzgtblx.jpg

There's a guy in a Goofy hat, and a lady with a tiny hat:

9%202%2016%20068_zpsl4ooq0qa.jpg

Over to the left of that photo, we can see a couple of the green aliens from Toy Story, and Indiana Jones, I guess:

aliens%20and%20indy_zpsvfltexhy.jpg

There's some tropical folks there on the right, and pirates on the left:

9%202%2016%20069_zpsp2mtlpfy.jpg

That guy with the pirates has a fake baby in a baby carrier.  I am concerned about his intentions:

pirate_zpshl4jgazj.jpg

More party guests:

9%202%2016%20070_zpso4sam53s.jpg

I'm not sure what all is going on here- the guy has camo shorts, and the girl has blue hair and rainbow socks:

camo%20shorts_zpsulzqbdtq.jpg

How are you liking this all so far?

It was fun to see.

I'll stop here, and I'll have one more batch of costume photos for you to look at before we move on to the actual party.

TCD

The Guy with the baby is supposed to be Allen form the movie the hangover.

OK, let's finish up with these guest photos so we can move on to the actual party.

There were clouds coming and going all afternoon.  Over on the west side of the state, where we come from, we had been hit pretty good with the rain bands from Hurricane Hermine.  The weather reports at home were showing that some of the bands would be around today, and that some would extend east toward Orlando.  But so, far, we hadn't gotten any rain.

The CM is blocking him, but that's Captain America over there, and Maleficent is to the left in her scooter:

9%202%2016%20071_zps6orinxta.jpg

This mob wasn't much into costumes:

9%202%2016%20072_zpsnplrrad3.jpg

Hey- there's Gaston.

9%202%2016%20073_zpsat5wqrqv.jpg

Is it me, or does his wig look like an Elvis wig?:

gaston%20wig_zps6riowjxr.jpg

What's going on here?:

9%202%2016%20074_zpsgnlobuub.jpg

You might think that the lady is Minnie Mouse, but she's not.  She's Mickey.  And who's the guy?  Not Hercules, I don't think.  But some kind of mortal with powers:

mickey%20and%20herc_zpsq4eesu27.jpg

As I was standing there minding my own business taking unauthorized photos of guests, I hear a guy off to my right trying to sooth his kid who apparently was scared from the fireworks shot off at the end of the merf show.  I turned to look at what was going on, and saw that the guy's kid was actually a dog:

guy%20with%20dog_zpspwyaiasi.jpg

As that guy with the dog was distracting me, a couple of young Asian women walked by in some very elaborate costumes.  Luckily, a mom with a kid dressed as Judy Hopps stopped them so she could get a photo of one of them with her kid:

9%202%2016%20076_zpsjxdc0bdb.jpg

As best I could tell, one of these girls was dressed up as Nick Wilde. I am not sure what the other girl (in the light purple) was supposed to be:

nick%20and%20judy_zpsfa0gzwbf.jpg

Here comes a pirate family.  There's always a lot of pirate families:

9%202%2016%20079_zpssral5lpf.jpg

Not too bad:

pirate%20fam_zps8agke1tj.jpg

Here comes another Alice.  And Mad Hatter.  And both of the tweedles:

9%202%2016%20080_zpsgyrf4tp7.jpg

Another nice job:

aiw%20family_zpsjkp2acrr.jpg

What's this? Clemson fans?  We live in a changing world:

9%202%2016%20081_zpslkxbdlq4.jpg

Here's yet another Alice.  That's a lot more Alices than I expected:

9%202%2016%20082_zpsjkx7vwpj.jpg

Here's a family that has a source for military jumpsuits:

9%202%2016%20083_zpsnedrayti.jpg

They made up custom Mickey's Flight School logos:

mickeys%20flight%20school_zps9rmrhzcu.jp

More pirates:

9%202%2016%20084_zpsxb7nha10.jpg

This group of ladies all wore matching neon green shirts, and had matching back packs.  Are they trying to be one of those South American Tour groups?:

9%202%2016%20085_zpsrfxfpt66.jpg

Here comes an Incredibles family:

9%202%2016%20086_zpska95rrkv.jpg

Dad's been doing crunches:

incredibles_zps1bdgoghh.jpg

Mr. I struck a pose over here:

9%202%2016%20087_zpssbprti9m.jpg

About the time this Elsa showed up, it started to drizzle a bit.  You can see one guest has her umbrella up:

9%202%2016%20089_zpsidaldi9u.jpg

We decided it was time for us to move along.  I could see guests stopping by the Fire Station to pick up their MNNSHP Sorcerer's cards.  We decided that we would head that way next, and then take a look at this year's party merchandise in the Emporium.

That's where we will pick it up with the next update.

TCD

I forgot to point out something in that last batch of photos.  Check out the cape on the Pharaoh over there:

pharoh_zpsxaczttmo.jpg

Nice cape, right?

Well, the Pharaoh is breaking the rules.

Disney has cooked up all kinds of new rules in the last year, and published a complete new set of costume guidelines for this year's parties.  You can find them here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/#/drawer=drawerDressedOccasion

See what is says about capes?:

capes_zpshpqifncq.jpg

Personally, I don't care how long a pharaoh wants to wear his cape. But rules are rules.

Why does Disney waste everyone's time by publishing rules if they're not going to enforce them?

TCD