It's Hot, Hot, HOT!

After MSEP, David was tired and went back to the Fort.  And, as always, he didn't want me roaming the park by myself at night.  Especially since i was on an ECV.  But I was determined to get some nighttime shots.  It turned out they weren't so great either because of the rain.  I could pop my camera out from under my rain parka briefly and then stick it right back under.  I'd taken my tripod and remote control, expecting to get some great shots, but it just didn't work out.

When the parade ended, a huge crowd blocked me in.  And then they didn't move.  I've never experienced that before.  After a thousand "excuse me, pleases" and inching forward, I finally broke free and headed to Tomorrowland.

DSC_4890-2_zps9ozghqa8.jpg

DSC_4892_zps1whqou76.jpg

Then I made my way through New Fantasyland.

DSC_4896_zpsosrnwhf2.jpg

DSC_4903_zpsoyrxpxma.jpg

DSC_4906_zpsvkzsggob.jpg

DSC_4908_zpsvowr4sfj.jpg

DSC_4913_zpsyg5luzhg.jpg

Then I got caught behind the carousel for Wishes.

DSC_4916-2%20copy_zpsiusiuicj.jpg

With a tree right behind me.  This was the worst possible spot for fireworks pictures.

DSC_4935_zpsubspqeo6.jpg

Eventually I could move past the tree and managed to get a few decent fireworks shots, but no way near the "professional" grade shots I was hoping for had it not been raining.

DSC_4987_zpsl48aiqci.jpg

After Wishes, I moved on through Fantasyland.

DSC_4920-2_zpsz7mwyc9p.jpg

DSC_4999_zpsy6ziauig.jpg

DSC_5001_zpszsmfscr6.jpg

DSC_5004_zpsowpqkhsr.jpg

I continued down through Liberty Square and Frontierland.

DSC_5012_zpsyvofb9qx.jpg

DSC_5014_zpszugdi5wz.jpg

DSC_5015_zpssy1pcqkp.jpg

DSC_5018_zpsomibthga.jpg

DSC_5019_zpsuq1dnpnk.jpg

DSC_5020_zpswxylelz8.jpg

And then I got to the smoking area near BTMRR.  And my scooter stopped working.  It would go three feet and stop.  Go three feet and stop.  On and on.  There I was stuck in the far corner of MK.  I started to panic and thought maybe I should have listened to David.  I was alone and a long way from the Fort!

Almost immediately some guests came over to help me.  I jiggled some things, and suddenly it started working again.  So I thought I'd better skip Adventureland and get back to the Fort ASAP.  

So I made it back to Main Street.

DSC_5038_zpsfgu1w6su.jpg

DSC_5039-2_zpsgotzbdgj.jpg

I turned around to say goodnight to the castle.

DSC_5035_zpsxbjaiupb.jpg

Before getting on the boat I stopped at the restroom near the railroad station.  And my scooter stopped again.  And more guests came to my assistance.  Once it limped me onto the boat, I was very relieved!

DSC_5054_zpskusrxkh2.jpg

DSC_5055_zps6mewsdgg.jpg

I was home!

I had ridden that scooter hard all over EPCOT that morning and didn't charge it in the afternoon.  I learned my lesson.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This tiger was asleep on its back and suddenly woke up and looked directly at me!

I've been coming by both of your sites but haven't been able to catch either of you at home.  Maybe one day soon!

Storm last night was a big one, but my trusty old Coleman Bayside Pop-up handled it with style...I just love the sound of rain on the canvas! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk