1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Hey Y'all,

I'm watching, but if anyone else sees a great offer by Legoland...can you please let me know?

Thank you!!

ETA:. Specifically annual pass offers

Are you following their FB page?  Last year on Black Friday or the following Monday was when we got the BOGO Awesomer passes.

• 5 months later...

Do you homeschool, by chance? 

We are going on March 13th and it's $25 for adults, and I forget how much for homeschooled kids. They have those days every two or three months. 

Unfortunately, it's only for one day, but you can pretty much cover Legoland in a day. 

• 2 months later...

Reviving an old post.

5/26 thru 5/29, you can get the Awesomer $150 pass for $99.

Gives you free parking, admission to 6 places, Legoland, their water park, Discovery Place in Atlanta, Orlando Eye, Aquarium, and Wax Museum on I-Drive.

Also discounts on food, merchandise, and their hotel and beach houses.

5 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Reviving an old post.

5/26 thru 5/29, you can get the Awesomer $150 pass for $99.

Gives you free parking, admission to 6 places, Legoland, their water park, Discovery Place in Atlanta, Orlando Eye, Aquarium, and Wax Museum on I-Drive.

Also discounts on food, merchandise, and their hotel and beach houses.

Hmmm....

How far is Legoland from The Fort?

5 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It depends on the time of day you go. If you take I-4, there are traffic backups going both ways at certain times of the day almost daily.  I'd allow 50-60 minutes each way.

TCD

Unfortunately, I-4 is about the only direct route between Orlando and points west.

There are some back roads, but nothing direct.  They will take you on a tour of semi-rustic Central FL for sure.

13 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

It depends on the time of day you go. If you take I-4, there are traffic backups going both ways at certain times of the day almost daily.  I'd allow 50-60 minutes each way.

TCD

Thank you

4 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Unfortunately, I-4 is about the only direct route between Orlando and points west.

There are some back roads, but nothing direct.  They will take you on a tour of semi-rustic Central FL for sure.

Thank you

Just now, slices said:

My wife and daughter went to Legoland two weeks ago for a girl scout day (good deal $30 each). Traffic on 75 and I-4 wasn't bad, but they got stuck for an hour once they got off I-4.

Ugh... okay, thank you. 

35 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Yes, thank you.  Was curious (for those who live in the area) what that actually translates to... 

You could take 192 west/north out past Disney main entrance to Hwy 27, then take 27 south to the Winter Haven/Legoland turn off.

You would be going up to go down, but you would miss I-4.

I live about 20 miles south of Legoland, I usually figure about 1 to 1 1/2 hour for the trip to Fort Wilderness depending on time of day and time of year. Roads are always crowded during winter months and snowbirds are never in  a hurry to go, with nowhere to go and no reason to get there, why hurry? 

22 hours ago, Travisma said:

You could take 192 west/north out past Disney main entrance to Hwy 27, then take 27 south to the Winter Haven/Legoland turn off.

You would be going up to go down, but you would miss I-4.

Thank you.

20 hours ago, BigTom said:

I live about 20 miles south of Legoland, I usually figure about 1 to 1 1/2 hour for the trip to Fort Wilderness depending on time of day and time of year. Roads are always crowded during winter months and snowbirds are never in  a hurry to go, with nowhere to go and no reason to get there, why hurry? 

Haha...I think they must travel through Atlanta, on their way down to FL as (here in Atlanta) you have two types of drivers:   horrible/dangerous/much too fast OR slow/no hurry/worker obviously paid by-the-hour.   A small minority of us, simply obey the rules of the road and drive the speed limit while not cutting off other drivers or running lights  :lol:

4 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Thank you.

Haha...I think they must travel through Atlanta, on their way down to FL as (here in Atlanta) you have two types of drivers:   horrible/dangerous/much too fast OR slow/no hurry/worker obviously paid by-the-hour.   A small minority of us, simply obey the rules of the road and drive the speed limit while not cutting off other drivers or running lights  :lol:

Of course they travel through Atlanta, you can't go north out of Florida with out going through Atlanta.

• 11 months later...

We've tossed this idea, for a couple of years, but finally took the leap and spent the money.   Legoland Florida has their Awesomer Pass on sale for the next couple of days, $99 instead of $150.  It included the water park, the Atlanta location as well as the aquarium in Orlando.  Our oldest is 11, so I think she'll tire of Legoland itself in a few hours which is actually fine as we can only spend 3-4 hours a visit there (with travel time and taking the dog into consideration).  Our youngest is 6.5 and loves Legos, so he'll get a kick out of it ^_^  With our girl getting past the prime age for Legoland (she's not a Lego junkie), figured we needed to do it now...or not at all.

We'll be in the area in June and we'll make two trips, then a trip in October and a trip in November... plus a couple trips to the small one here in Atlanta.  Taking that into consideration, figured it was a decent deal.