Crowd calendars

16 minutes ago, Mrs.TN22 said:

Most of the time, I go with easywdw .  He is pretty spot on.  However, I read somewhere (forgive, me I can't remember where) that they were all having trouble predicting this year.

In the past 2 years I had used Josh's as well but he hasn't updated them since earlier this year. He gave an explanation in the forums on his site, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

EDIT: I found the post on his forum: http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?33926-April-2017-Crowd-Calendar&p=368377&viewfull=1#post368377

Please don't put me in timeout for posting a link to another forum.... Just poof the post if it needs to go away

52 minutes ago, Helmsey......Todd said:

In the past 2 years I had used Josh's as well but he hasn't updated them since earlier this year. He gave an explanation in the forums on his site, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.

EDIT: I found the post on his forum: http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showthread.php?33926-April-2017-Crowd-Calendar&p=368377&viewfull=1#post368377

Please don't put me in timeout for posting a link to another forum.... Just poof the post if it needs to go away

I knew I had read an explanation somewhere, but couldn't remember where.  

Makes me wonder what October is really going to be like.

Edited by Mrs.TN22

I looked at the crowd calendars (whichever one was free, now I can't remember maybe EasyWDW) and made our plans accordingly for our Labor Day weekend. And then we swapped around things to do what we felt like doing and I think ended up in the non-recommended parks or parks each day (two days we did 2 parks). The crowd calendar numbers were lower than what I thought the crowds actually were (much of my limited previous experience being Easter and Thanksgiving weeks). My feeling was that the hurricane/tropical storm and subsequent rip tides may have sent people to WDW instead of their planned trips to the beach. But with good FP+ , early arrival (not quite rope drop) and evening EMH use we were able to do most of the rides and attractions we wanted to do with minimum waiting anyway.