Brickdust from Legoland

Well, this was supposed to be a quick trip report about Star Wars weekend 9/10 and 11 at LEGOLAND in FL.

I was all hyped up about going, we haven't used our APs that much, and what could be better than Star Wars and Legos?

But, as fate would have it, my plans were derailed by surgery on 9/7 to repair/reattach the torn tendon in my left arm.  Turns out, that's what I damaged a couple of days before our 4th of July Fort trip.

I still had plans on going after the surgery, but my wife and doctor didn't take too kindly to that idea.

So, instead of having a ball seeing all things Star Wars, and getting a pass holder mini fig, i got to sit around and catch up on TV and movies.

Sunday night, I wrote to LEGOLAND customer service and explained what had happened and asked if they were going to be releasing the mini figs at later date.

Monday afternoon, I got a call from a very nice woman at the park.  She said she read my email and was sorry that I couldn't make it for the festivities.    she said they were fantastic, but then stopped herself saying she didn't want to make me feel any worse hearing about what I missed.

She asked for my address, and said she wanted to send me 4 of the pass holder figures!

Now that is good customer service and great PR.

They arrived today via FedX.

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

Hope your arm is better ASAP! That is some impressive customer service!  Adam has been asking to go there but it hasn't happened yet. I've heard they aren't great with food allergies so that has been holding me back.

Luckily we don't have any allergies in our clan, just picky eaters at times.  A lot of their food seems to be prepared ahead of time so getting something made to order may  be rough. 

Arm is doing fine, I guess.  Stopped taking pain meds on Tuesday, less than a week after the surgery. Biggest pain is where the sling strap sits/rubs on my neck.  Sat without the sling for a while this afternoon and it felt great!