Does loop 2500 comfort station have showers?

I could use help determining cabin location. There will be seven of us in a cabin and I would like to be near a comfort station for extra bathrooms and showers in the morning, as well as laundry.   So I was debating between loop 2500 for the quiet pool comfort station and loop 2200 for the loop 1100 comfort station. 

But does the quiet pool comfort station have showers and laundry?  I have seen conflicting information. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with the cabin loops. Looking at the maps though, it looks like there are some sidewalks just across Frontier way that get you to that comfort station. If you get cabin near the entrance of 2200 loop, it doesn't look like too far of a walk.

Welcome Family Man!

You have come to the right place for information on Fort Wilderness.

I can give you a little bit of information to help with your planning.

First, as always, Carol is correct with her information about there being no shower facilities at the cabin pool laundry and restrooms.  There is an outdoor shower at the pool, but that's it.  The 2500 loop does not have a comfort station.

Now, for your question about cutting across Frontier Way to get to the 1100 loop comfort station, I tried to find an aerial shot of this area for you, but the trees are in the way.

There is a path on the east side of the comfort station that connects with Frontier Way.  You can see it on the official Fort Wilderness map:

2200%20to%201100_zpsacfs4dau.jpg

Frontier Way is a main campground road, but there's not a lot of traffic on it, so you can, indeed walk from some of the 2200 loop cabins across the road to the comfort station.

Here are some photos that show you how thick the foliage is.  I took these photos because of the horse, but that's the 2200 loop cabins you see in the background of these photos, and the road in the foreground is Frontier Way:

IMG_0590.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

As you can see, it's just trees, not really "woods" that you need to walk through.

Here's one more random 2200 loop photo I found in my archives.  Once again the road you see is Frontier Way:

7%204%2015%20316_zpsklbandba.jpg

So that you're not cutting through anyone's yard, you should request a cabin on the outside of the front stretch of the 2200 loop- the specific cabin numbers that would work best for this are:  2206, 2208, 2210, 2212, 2214, 2215, and 2216.

What else do you want to know?

TCD

Thanks TCD, that's really helpful !

Another question I have (any may be hard to answer) is if the comfort stations get packed in the morning.  Is there a waiting line?  Would the loop 1100 comfort station be busier than the one by 2500?

(We are going to arrive in a week and a half, so I am trying to figure out exactly what to request.  We've never been to the Fort and we are super excited.)

Pardon the thread hijack, but can I ask how you are managing 7 people on the reservation?  I thought only 6 were allowed.  I thought of just leaving someone off the reservation, but then they won't be able to make their fastpass reservations at the same time we do.  As my kids grow up and move out, this is becoming less of an issue, but i always dream of a big family reunion at FW. :D

30 minutes ago, Family_man said:

Thanks TCD, that's really helpful !

Another question I have (any may be hard to answer) is if the comfort stations get packed in the morning.  Is there a waiting line?  Would the loop 1100 comfort station be busier than the one by 2500?

(We are going to arrive in a week and a half, so I am trying to figure out exactly what to request.  We've never been to the Fort and we are super excited.)

Yes, the comfort stations get busy in the mornings.  As you probably know, the 2100 loop was recently converted from a cabin loop to a camping loop, and now there are 44 campsites on that loop which may have campers trying to use that comfort station in addition to the 24 sites on 1100. That comfort station is going to be busy.  If all the showers are in use, then yes, you have to wait.

I am not sure what you're asking about the 2500 loop- there is no comfort station there- just a laundry room and the small pool restrooms, which just have toilets and sinks- no showers.

TCD

14 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Pardon the thread hijack, but can I ask how you are managing 7 people on the reservation?  I thought only 6 were allowed.  I thought of just leaving someone off the reservation, but then they won't be able to make their fastpass reservations at the same time we do.  As my kids grow up and move out, this is becoming less of an issue, but i always dream of a big family reunion at FW. :D

He could have one under 3 which Disney allows over the room counts. So 6 adults and kids over 3 plus the one under 3. 

7 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

He could have one under 3 which Disney allows over the room counts. So 6 adults and kids over 3 plus the one under 3. 

I'll have 7 at the end of Nov. and one is an infant.

29 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

21 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'll have 7 at the end of Nov. and one is an infant.

18 minutes ago, Family_man said:

Marty - we do indeed have a 1 year old in the cabin with us.

Gotcha!  Good to know for when grandchildren come along. ;)

39 minutes ago, Family_man said:

TCD - the reason I asked about the loop 2500 in the mornings even without showers, haveing toilets and sinks to get ready in the morning can be beneficial.  

Gotcha-  The restrooms at the cabin pool are inside the pool fence, and it's possible they may have them locked before the pool opens.  I'm not sure whether or not they do.  If they don't, those probably won't be busy.  These restrooms are small- like only a couple of toilets and one or two sinks. I wouldn't count on them being available.

TCD

1 hour ago, Family_man said:

I thought I read that the pools were open 24 hours a day?  Is that not correct?

That was true at one time.  They now have posted hours for the pools, which vary with the seasons.

For example- here's a photo I took last week of the new gate they installed at the Meadow Pool- the sign on the gate says the pool doesn't open until 9 am.  I'm not sure what the hours are at the cabin pool- for whatever reason, management doesn't post them anywhere other than at the pool:

9%2010%2016%20008_zpsgs0sxnxd.jpg

TCD

10 minutes ago, Family_man said:

I called Fort Wilderness and I asked if the quiet pool bathrooms were open 24 hours.  The response I received on the phone was that the pool closed at 9 but the bathrooms were open 24 hours.  

Couple issue with this. If I recall they are behind the pool gate which would block access if it is locked down. 

Also when calling you are getting a CM at a call center who has probably never even been there. 

The way they answered makes me think they were looking at just the info for the Meadows pool which from TCD's recent reports left the bathroom on the outside of the fence. 

Showers on vacation are an unnecessary luxury.   In a pinch, however, I will take some Frankensoap down to the cement pond for a quick rinse.