Rivers of light coming soon??

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh brother....those look like the same obnoxious Moms that I always wanted to punch in the nose while waiting for my kid at gymnastics.  Gabbing on their phones, feeding the younger kid some sort of c

Hey everyone..... check in on the 9th on the blog. Trust me... anyone there on the 10th-17th... might get a surprise and delight ? you will see a major announcement. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tap

Update: Tomorrow the Disney blog will be posted about ROL around 10 am. In the morning there will be dining packages available. They will have some great surprise days for DVC members and

Very interesting.

Of course, I had to do some quick Instagram stalking on this guy, and I found that he is proud of his work on the hastily assembled Jungle Book show:

dmil.1_zps5qfkejdb.jpg

As far as I could see, he didn't have anything to do with the original Rivers of Light show.

But he's there now.

Which I don't think is a good thing.

The guy seems to be legit, but it's strange that he is posting things like this on the web- real Imagineers don't do that.

And, if there were dress rehearsals going on for Rivers of Light, wouldn't someone have seen and mentioned it besides this guy?

TCD

4 minutes ago, Seals said:

David Miller, Manager - Technical Direction & Systems
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Creative Entertainment

http://www.ldishow.com/ldi16/public/SpeakerDetails.aspx?nav

Good job!

Since that is an announcement for a presentation he will be giving at a convention, it's likely not to stick around forever.

So, here's the bio he posted there:

David Miller leads the technical direction and systems teams for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Creative Entertainment. This group oversees all technical production and delivery for global Disney Parks and Resorts, including construction, lighting, sound, video, and special effects for entertainment products and events. A small list of the productions includes World of Color, Frozen-Live at the Hyperion, Fantasmic, and the variety of engaging nighttime spectaculars. He previously worked as production manager and producer for a wide range of shows, and opened Hong Kong Disneyland as a technical director and has traveled all over the world for the Walt Disney Company providing technical, production, and business technology oversight. In addition to his work with Disney, David has also worked on design and production for Opera Pacific, Geffen Playhouse, Princess Cruises, and Seattle Opera. He is a graduate from UCLA with an MFA in lighting design.

This is a pretty high ranking guy.

I can't believe he's allowed to post stuff like he has on his Instagram account.

TCD

16 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Someone who was at the DVC thingy last night said they saw 1 flower being floated at that was all.

Well, that's underwhelming.

I saw two floating flowers in April, and we know how that turned out.

But, since good old David Miller did such a bang-up job on that Jungle Book show, I'll bet he'll figure out something.

TCD

23 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good job!

Since that is an announcement for a presentation he will be giving at a convention, it's likely not to stick around forever.

So, here's the bio he posted there:

David Miller leads the technical direction and systems teams for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Creative Entertainment. This group oversees all technical production and delivery for global Disney Parks and Resorts, including construction, lighting, sound, video, and special effects for entertainment products and events. A small list of the productions includes World of Color, Frozen-Live at the Hyperion, Fantasmic, and the variety of engaging nighttime spectaculars. He previously worked as production manager and producer for a wide range of shows, and opened Hong Kong Disneyland as a technical director and has traveled all over the world for the Walt Disney Company providing technical, production, and business technology oversight. In addition to his work with Disney, David has also worked on design and production for Opera Pacific, Geffen Playhouse, Princess Cruises, and Seattle Opera. He is a graduate from UCLA with an MFA in lighting design.

This is a pretty high ranking guy.

I can't believe he's allowed to post stuff like he has on his Instagram account.

TCD

I think in this social media age that we now live in, the very high ups are actually encouraged to post on social media as a way to get free advertising and keep people informed.  But of course if he was lower on the totem pole it probably would fly and he would get in trouble, but with his status he probably learned and was encouraged to interact like this at the quarterly corporate retreat in Napa valley.

WBI

We saw the show in AK in July and were not impressed with it.  At least from where we were seated, it was difficult to make out many of the images.  Further, In our view, the dancers did not add anything to the show, but rather distracted the viewers from the light/water component.  Now, if they can come up with something as good as the show in California Adventure, we think it would be a hit.

If he is the person who oversaw the Frozen ... Live at the Hyperion production at California Adventure, then he is the real deal. That show was pretty amazing. I would love to be able to see it again. It was a very impressive show, in fact, I would say it was the best show I've ever seen in a Disney Park.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:02 PM, Beckers said:

Guess what post has gone poof?

Good catch.  And his IG account shows that he's back in California doing stuff and Disneyland.

So much for that coming soon hashtag.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:37 PM, Friend of a Fiend ... Pam said:

If he is the person who oversaw the Frozen ... Live at the Hyperion production at California Adventure, then he is the real deal. That show was pretty amazing. I would love to be able to see it again. It was a very impressive show, in fact, I would say it was the best show I've ever seen in a Disney Park.

Did you ever see the Aladdin show there?  It was pretty good too.

I'm sure this fellow is well qualified.  He's been involved in some big projects.  But it looks like he's been brought in at the last minute for Rivers of Light, and he's not even working on that full time.

The president of WDW just spoke at the 45th anniversary recognition at the Magic Kingdom on October 1st.  That would have been the perfect time to announce any exciting news about Rivers of Light.  Yet, not a word was said.

I guess if they stop talking about it, us dumb guests will forget about it.

TCD

Did you ever see the Aladdin show there?  It was pretty good too.

I'm sure this fellow is well qualified.  He's been involved in some big projects.  But it looks like he's been brought in at the last minute for Rivers of Light, and he's not even working on that full time.

The president of WDW just spoke at the 45th anniversary recognition at the Magic Kingdom on October 1st.  That would have been the perfect time to announce any exciting news about Rivers of Light.  Yet, not a word was said.

I guess if they stop talking about it, us dumb guests will forget about it.

TCD

No, I didn't see Aladdin. This "coming soon" business is getting old. If they aren't talking about it at that sort of event, I'm a little worried. And I haven't heard any rumors about the replacement parade at MK once the current one says adios. Hmmmm....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Friend of a Fiend ... Pam said:

This "coming soon" business is getting old. If they aren't talking about it at that sort of event, I'm a little worried. And I haven't heard any rumors about the replacement parade at MK once the current one says adios. Hmmmm....

Yup.  No replacement for the Main Street Electric Parade.  Why do they need to stop it now?  They're not going to perform it in Disneyland until the new year.

Also- nothing new in terms of Christmas decorations or events either.  Even as cheap as they have been, I thought for sure that they would cook up some kind of replacement for the Osborne Lights.  Where do they think all of the holiday crowds that were cramming the Streets of America are going to go this year?  When I saw this new Rivers of Light rumor, I thought the plan was to show that twice a night all through the end of the yea- maybe even add some kind of winter holiday preshow to it.  That would absorb a lot of people.  But, if they're going to do that, they need to announce it so they can promote it.

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

My sources tell me that Disney has been unable to get Rivers of Light to work as intended at the AK location, so it will instead debut next year at Buffalo Junction.  

Wow.  That's a game changer.  I would think you were joking, but I know you have connections with the Delsa fanboys, and if anyone would know, they would.

TCD

Is this how they are going to drive business to Disney Springs? Have nothing to do at night and a billion people? 

I know its disney and they can do whatever they want, but I'm struggling to see the logic of no nighttime parade at the MK. 

Agreed

12 hours ago, Beckers said:

Is this how they are going to drive business to Disney Springs? Have nothing to do at night and a billion people? 

I know its disney and they can do whatever they want, but I'm struggling to see the logic of no nighttime parade at the MK. 

11 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Agreed

Ditto!