Rivers of light coming soon??

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh brother....those look like the same obnoxious Moms that I always wanted to punch in the nose while waiting for my kid at gymnastics.  Gabbing on their phones, feeding the younger kid some sort of c

Hey everyone..... check in on the 9th on the blog. Trust me... anyone there on the 10th-17th... might get a surprise and delight ? you will see a major announcement. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tap

Update: Tomorrow the Disney blog will be posted about ROL around 10 am. In the morning there will be dining packages available. They will have some great surprise days for DVC members and

44 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I can't recall any other show/attraction rolling out this badly - or rather NOT rolling out.  I'd love to know what the problem is.  It has to be a doozy to have caused so many fits and starts after it seemed they were ready to go in the spring.

Well, let's see.

I remember that the original version of Test Track opened at least a year later than they said it would.  Because of technical difficulties.  And those glitches continued for quite a while after it opened.

More recently, Frozen Ever After took forever to open, and then when it finally did, it has been plagued with technical problems. 

But you're right about this show.

It took forever to build, then was supposed to open in April.  And now 6 months have passed, and it's still not ready.

Someone high up has given orders that it must open.  And soon.  So, they've got guys like Becker's boyfriend flying in from California to piece together something from what works.

The stuff that was supposed to blow our minds doesn't work.

They have abandoned the idea of getting it right, and now they're just trying to get some kind of show to open.

We all need to lower our expectations.

TCD

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:44 PM, LONE-STAR said:

Anybody know why Frozen always breaks down?  We got to ride it the day before Matthew with only a 35  minute wait but it said 105  minutes.  But when we went back to Epcot 5 days later it was down all day.

I've heard there are problems with the mechanics of the ride itself- boats getting stuck and having to shut down the ride and evacuate guests.  And I've also heard that there are problems with the projected faces on the animatronics- like guests would see a blank face instead of Elsa's.

It all boils down to the fact that even though it took them forever to re-do the ride, they still weren't ready when they finally opened it, and the opened it without any soft openings to see if things were working properly.  Instead of shutting it down and getting it right, they have pressed on, and are fixing things while attempting to operate the ride full time.

TCD

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've heard there are problems with the mechanics of the ride itself- boats getting stuck and having to shut down the ride and evacuate guests.  And I've also heard that there are problems with the projected faces on the animatronics- like guests would see a blank face instead of Elsa's.

It all boils down to the fact that even though it took them forever to re-do the ride, they still weren't ready when they finally opened it, and the opened it without any soft openings to see if things were working properly.  Instead of shutting it down and getting it right, they have pressed on, and are fixing things while attempting to operate the ride full time.

TCD

Ashame they didn't get it right from the start.

There's a persistent rumor that Rivers of Light will open on or about November 18th. 

My source says no way.

Not only have they not trained the CM's they hired to work the show when it opens, they stopped hiring CM's for these positions, and do not currently have enough staff to operate the show.

The new theater they built for this show is big.  They need somewhere around 50 CM's to operate each show. They currently have about that many assigned to this role. That is no where near enough to staff the show if it were to open and operate every night.

It is true that they continue to rehearse the show.  But, they are less than half-way through the number of rehearsals that they need to complete before the show is ready to be performed park guests, and they have not hired or trained the staff they will need to operate the show.

So, no way it opens on a regular performing schedule this month, and probably not next month either.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...

Well, November 18th has come and gone.

Beckers' Instagram buddy was at WDW over the past week, but it looks like he flew home for Thanksgiving yesterday. He's long since stopped all of his "coming soon" hashtags.

This past weekend was a big D23 event at WDW.  According to numerous reports, there was no talk about Rivers of Light.  This was a whole weekend of presentations about things happening in the parks, but NOT ONE WORD about ROL.

Based on all of this, and what I've heard, we can all forget seeing Rivers of Light this year.

This really is an unprecedented failure.

TCD

On 11/21/2016 at 10:09 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Well, November 18th has come and gone.

Beckers' Instagram buddy was at WDW over the past week, but it looks like he flew home for Thanksgiving yesterday. He's long since stopped all of his "coming soon" hashtags.

This past weekend was a big D23 event at WDW.  According to numerous reports, there was no talk about Rivers of Light.  This was a whole weekend of presentations about things happening in the parks, but NOT ONE WORD about ROL.

Based on all of this, and what I've heard, we can all forget seeing Rivers of Light this year.

This really is an unprecedented failure.

TCD

Yikes.  It's been 7 months since they were supposedly ready to go and put the kibosh on things.  This is the company that converts the entire Magic Kingdom from Halloween to Christmas overnight, that has their own engineering and construction departments that are bigger than some entire companies. What on earth could they possibly still be trying to fix?

At this rate I'm wondering if we'll see this before we leave in January.

39 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

At this rate I'm wondering if we'll see this before we leave in January.

I'm wondering if we will ever see it.

I seriously think we never will see what was originally intended.  I think those drones that are being used at Disney Springs for the holiday show were supposed to be part of this show. But they cut them from ROL, and repurposed them.

The self-driven boats and floats were supposed to be a big deal, but they don't work.  Duh- nobody thought about wind?

The water screens that were blurry for the Jungle Book show don't work.

The whole thing is a disaster.

At this point, it's back to the drawing board.  Some day, they will use that space for a show, and it probably will be pretty good, but it's not going to be what Rivers of Light was supposed to be.

TCD

Well here's a twist!  WDWMagic posted this just an hour ago...

Cast Members at Disney's Animal Kingdom are being invited to attend previews of the show this weekend. Such previews are typically an indication that an opening to guests is imminent.

Disney has not yet made any further comments about an opening date for the show since its original Spring 2016 opening was delayed.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/rivers-of-light/news/23nov2016-rivers-of-light-cast-member-previews-taking-place-this-weekend.htm