Rivers of light coming soon??

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh brother....those look like the same obnoxious Moms that I always wanted to punch in the nose while waiting for my kid at gymnastics.  Gabbing on their phones, feeding the younger kid some sort of c

Hey everyone..... check in on the 9th on the blog. Trust me... anyone there on the 10th-17th... might get a surprise and delight ? you will see a major announcement. Sent from my SM-G935T using Tap

Update: Tomorrow the Disney blog will be posted about ROL around 10 am. In the morning there will be dining packages available. They will have some great surprise days for DVC members and

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

Oh and it seems the Disney moms are doing a land and sea gig. (I've got a sniffly sick kid sleeping on me so I've got nothing to do but Insta-snoop)

I wonder if DCL is going to give them free Wi-Fi on the ship?

I sure hope so.  Then they can tell us about all of the cool stuff that we already know about.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Are these the ones you're talking about?

Sign on a Texas daycare door

“You are picking up your child! GET OFF YOUR PHONE!!!! Your child is happy to see you! Are you not happy to see your child??  We have seen children trying to hand their parents their work they completed and the parent is on the phone. We have heard a child say ‘Mommy, mommy, mommy…” and the parent is paying more attention to their phone than their own child. It is appalling. Get off your phone!!

Mrs. TCD needs a sign like that at her preschool.

It's very sad.

1 hour ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

I really need to meet Mrs TCD. The preschool & kindergarten age is what I work with in the aftercare program. I'm thinking the two of us would have lots to talk about.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think you're right.

19 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

The mommy bloggers are picked every 1 to 2 years. It's never the same ones year to year. They hold auditions, blogs, etc for the honor to be one.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Just so we're clear, these Social Media Moms are not the same as the Disney Parks Moms Panel.  Two different groups.

14 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

Check back here tomorrow after 230 EST. I can give you an exact answer on some of your questions.

Awesome.  I can't wait!

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Just so we're clear, these Social Media Moms are not the same as the Disney Parks Moms Panel.  Two different groups.

That's an important distinction.  We've had Moms right here on FF or a predecessor forum that have gone through the process trying to get onto the Disney Parks Moms Panel.  I don't want to disparage them.  But some of these Social Media Moms come across to me like Mouse-Eared Kardashians.  I get that, to some of them, it's a business driven by click revenue.  But it just seems so attention focused, like a lot of social media.  Look, I enjoy some of my interactions on FB...keeping up with friends, posting the occasional silly thing, etc.  But these ladies take it to another level.  "Look at me!  I'm important!  And Disney recognizes that I'm important by inviting me to this BIG EVENT!"  Blah blah blah.  Where's my scotch? 

3 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

That's an important distinction.  We've had Moms right here on FF or a predecessor forum that have gone through the process trying to get onto the Disney Parks Moms Panel.  I don't want to disparage them.  But some of these Social Media Moms come across to me like Mouse-Eared Kardashians.  I get that, to some of them, it's a business driven by click revenue.  But it just seems so attention focused, like a lot of social media.  Look, I enjoy some of my interactions on FB...keeping up with friends, posting the occasional silly thing, etc.  But these ladies take it to another level.  "Look at me!  I'm important!  And Disney recognizes that I'm important by inviting me to this BIG EVENT!"  Blah blah blah.  Where's my scotch? 

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Completely agree. Mommy bloggers are totally different game than Disney Parks Moms Panel.

Most mommy bloggers (in my opinion) very rarely give you the whole truth when they review things. They know if they would speak poorly of whatever freebie they have received the gravy train would stop. Which is why I don't consider them as a good source for any reviews. I'd rather look on yelp, or google etc and find reviews from people who PAID to go/eat/stay/play whatever it is that I'm looking at.  

From the link I posted before it sounds like that mommy blogger was picked and didn't do anything besides have a solid following. I did question why they would have picked someone who's never been to Disney but now it does make sense. If she doesn't normally go, she doesn't post about Disney stuff. She may have a different group of followers than a normal Disney fanatic would have. So she might reach different people than your already established Disney blogger.

the moms panel is a different ball game. I've applied twice and made it to the second round. That did have questions, essays and a 60 second video and round 3 being a phone interview (possibly more?). I stopped applying because I know I lack pixie dust and I'm too tell it like it is to be on the panel. 

33 minutes ago, Beckers said:

And here is a 26 min video 

https://youtu.be/GSYI_yNVqys

Use this link to skip the first 7 plus minutes of social media mom blabber. 

For the record Silvia and I were underwhelmed. Hopefully this either isnt complete or looks way better in person. 

I liked it a lot.  Have to think it will  be much more impressive in person.   Don't understand why this show gave them so much trouble.  There must have been much more to the show than what was on the video.  I hope I get to see it in person sometime.   

13 hours ago, Beckers said:

From the link I posted before it sounds like that mommy blogger was picked and didn't do anything besides have a solid following. I did question why they would have picked someone who's never been to Disney but now it does make sense. If she doesn't normally go, she doesn't post about Disney stuff. She may have a different group of followers than a normal Disney fanatic would have. So she might reach different people than your already established Disney blogger.

You hit the nail on the head here.

It's obvious to me that Disney does not want savvy customers and puts little value on loyal guests.  They want fresh meat.  Suckers.  Those are the folks most likely to get tricked into paying for the Dining Plan, private cabanas and VIP tours that offer little value.  If each of these mommy bloggers only attracts one new sucker, Disney will be have received a great return on their investment.

11 hours ago, Beckers said:

Tcd you called it 

Well, not really.

I give all the credit to the Vampire Lady.  I wouldn't have been snooping around social media if she hadn't said something was going to go down this week.

10 hours ago, Memphis said:

I liked it a lot.  Have to think it will  be much more impressive in person.   Don't understand why this show gave them so much trouble.  There must have been much more to the show than what was on the video.  I hope I get to see it in person sometime.   

It is very interesting to me that they chose not to show Rivers of Light to the D23 guests back in November.  Right after that, they had the CM previews, which I was able to attend.  The show was nice, but underwhelming.  In the previous descriptions of the show, there was talk of hundreds of lanterns floating on the water, and fireflies that would make shapes in the sky.  Those elements are nowhere to be seen in the show.  Those were supposed to provide the "wow" factor that the show lacks.

So, instead of previewing it to sophisticated Disney fans, they show it to a bunch of uninformed mommy bloggers who are on an all-expense paid trip to Disney World, followed by a free cruise. You had better believe that they will gush about the show.

I said it back at the time when I first got to see Rivers of Light- it's a nice show, and way better than the Jungle Book show they ran last summer.  But, it's not anything to get too excited about.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

So, instead of previewing it to sophisticated Disney fans, they show it to a bunch of uninformed mommy bloggers who are on an all-expense paid trip to Disney World, followed by a free cruise. You had better believe that they will gush about the show.

Not free "deeply discounted " according to the blog link I posted. They must offer different levels to stay at too.

Update:

Tomorrow the Disney blog will be posted about ROL around 10 am. In the morning there will be dining packages available.

They will have some great surprise days for DVC members and AP holders in the upcoming days til the grand opening on the 17th.

Pandora will be opening on 5/27 officially. However of course Disney style there will be a soft opening the days prior. Days for Cast, DVC, and AP are soon to be released.

18 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

Update:

Tomorrow the Disney blog will be posted about ROL around 10 am. In the morning there will be dining packages available.

They will have some great surprise days for DVC members and AP holders in the upcoming days til the grand opening on the 17th.

Pandora will be opening on 5/27 officially. However of course Disney style there will be a soft opening the days prior. Days for Cast, DVC, and AP are soon to be released.

Please post the cast days when you find out.

Thanks

Just now, DisneyVampire said:

Normally I find out when the rest do. But I am working on trying to find out.

Thanks.  My wife is retired, and our only link online is the retirement site (which is awful) and a Yammer site.  You lose the hub access when you retire.

15 minutes ago, DisneyVampire said:

Thanks for letting me know that. Lol I always wondered about retirement.

She LOVES retirement (retired about a year).  She got out at 55, and kept her silver pass and all of the discounts.  We just wish we had limited access to the hub since it would make getting discounted resort reservations much easier.  Now we have to call instead of looking online.

1 hour ago, DisneyVampire said:

Update:

Good job.

You were right about all of this!

You really did scoop the other sites full of so-called experts.

TCD