I just paid $156 a night for a campsite

I guess it's not only the price of the site, I mean, I can deal with 120 a night but for me coming from PA the fuel adds another $625. We can drive the car for 200 and get a decent place near DTD for 100 a night.  But...then you lose the ability to grill and cook and drink etc. That makes up for the lost 400......it's just from where we live it's a dead even price breakdown. I have done a lot of research on traveling to DW and we would spend the same flying and getting a cheap hotel,  driving and getting a better hotel, or pulling the 5th wheel and staying at the Fort. But the Fort seems to always win.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For as long as there have been internet message boards, there have been many threads like this one.  We complain about the prices, swear that the latest price increase is the proverbial straw that bro

Costly.....yes Worth it....yes Tough to rationalize during the other 51 weeks of the year......yes.

WTF?  I seriously tried to talk the family into letting me sell the RV after our thanksgiving trip since fort wilderness is where we camp 95% of the time and I knew the rates would continue to climb e

26 minutes ago, PGHFiend said:

I guess it's not only the price of the site, I mean, I can deal with 120 a night but for me coming from PA the fuel adds another $625. We can drive the car for 200 and get a decent place near DTD for 100 a night.  But...then you lose the ability to grill and cook and drink etc. That makes up for the lost 400......it's just from where we live it's a dead even price breakdown. I have done a lot of research on traveling to DW and we would spend the same flying and getting a cheap hotel,  driving and getting a better hotel, or pulling the 5th wheel and staying at the Fort. But the Fort seems to always win.

Same here. Also the camper comes with a private restroom for the 1100 mile run.

Well after splitting our trip half at Port Orleans Riverside and half at the Fort (thanks Matthew) it really made all of us realize how much we like camping. POR was nice nothing bad to say about it in fact it would be cheaper for us to stay there. We just love the Fort. 

What other resort can you have 80 of your closest Fiends get together for an awesome "Fort Feast" for lots of laughter, great food and good company?? The Fort wins hands down for that aspect alone.

However, having said that, we no longer pull the camper down for anything less than a week. We just can't do that anymore.

On 10/20/2016 at 6:24 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

I just booked 11/5 - 12/5/17, and my deposit was $108.  Nights without tax were from $96 to $120 (Thanksgiving week).  Ouch.

Way better than $150 a night for Spring Break though. 

22 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

What other resort can you have 80 of your closest Fiends get together for an awesome "Fort Feast" for lots of laughter, great food and good company?? The Fort wins hands down for that aspect alone.

However, having said that, we no longer pull the camper down for anything less than a week. We just can't do that anymore.

All good points. 

I started this thread based on what we did pay for campsites not too long ago.  I agree with all of you that I suppose the prices can be justified based on the rising cost of everything.  I feel bad though for the people outside of Florida that have to pay for the gas on top of everything else. Someone said if we don't pay the prices, someone will. The fort is the best campground bar none. It's just hard swollowing $1200 for a week.  Nobody brought up the cost of the RV also.  There could be many contemporary nights for the cost of your average RV

43 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

I started this thread based on what we did pay for campsites not too long ago.  I agree with all of you that I suppose the prices can be justified based on the rising cost of everything.  I feel bad though for the people outside of Florida that have to pay for the gas on top of everything else. Someone said if we don't pay the prices, someone will. The fort is the best campground bar none. It's just hard swollowing $1200 for a week.  Nobody brought up the cost of the RV also.  There could be many contemporary nights for the cost of your average RV

All very true. But it is easier to justify spending $1200.00 for a week vacation then $300.00 for a weekend. Right now diesel round trip pulling the rv from Texas to Florida is about $550.00 if I drove slower it could be less. True about the cost of the rv. For what we spend on my truck, trailer, and going to Disney we could have a Hawaiian vacation often.