Disney Wonder- Refurbishment 2016 Whats coming.

4 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

It is. I am glad though they are keeping the older style Animators Palate and just updating it rather than changing it to the newer design. I always thought it looked cool doing the change over but I havent seen it in person yet. 

I didn't realize that about Animator's Palate.  I was more focused on the Tiana themed restaurant, which I think will be really cool.  Also, I am not clear on all the updates to the adult bar areas, but it's good to see that they are making changes there.

These updates are very smart on Disney's part.  It makes me want to sail on the Wonder again just to see the changes.

TCD

On 9/27/2016 at 9:55 AM, Katman1356...Jason said:

It is. I am glad though they are keeping the older style Animators Palate and just updating it rather than changing it to the newer design. I always thought it looked cool doing the change over but I havent seen it in person yet. 

It's been a while since we've seen it, but I thought it was very cool.

Since the Wonder is the ship that sails out of Galveston we are super excited about the renovations.  We've never sailed her but we can drive to Galveston in 3hrs and their Bahama itineraries include Castaway Cay, not to mention they usually offer some good deals!

If we weren't expecting we'd be sailing this November!

WBI

17 minutes ago, WannaBeImagineer said:

Since the Wonder is the ship that sails out of Galveston we are super excited about the renovations.  We've never sailed her but we can drive to Galveston in 3hrs and their Bahama itineraries include Castaway Cay, not to mention they usually offer some good deals!

If we weren't expecting we'd be sailing this November!

WBI

In the past, there have been some good CM discounts offered on those cruises.  We looked at the offerings for this year, and they are very limited.  Maybe that's because they want to hurry along to the dry dock, but there wasn't a whole lot to choose from.

I don't think those Galveston cruises have ever sold very well, which might make DCL stop visiting this port.  It sure doesn't seem like they made a lot of effort this year.

TCD

4 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

In the past, there have been some good CM discounts offered on those cruises.  We looked at the offerings for this year, and they are very limited.  Maybe that's because they want to hurry along to the dry dock, but there wasn't a whole lot to choose from.

I don't think those Galveston cruises have ever sold very well, which might make DCL stop visiting this port.  It sure doesn't seem like they made a lot of effort this year.

TCD

I've actually found quite a few guaranteed with restrictions rates the last time I looked, plus the Dec. 3rd cruise was super cheap (relatively speaking) without a discount.  

This year and last year they even offered the VGT rate on the Thanksgiving week cruise, to me that is shocking but then again even at a discount it's an expensive cruise.

I always got the impression that the cruises didn't sell well also but they keep coming back, and they'll be there in 2017.  If i were Disney I would be advertising more about how Galveston will be the first to experience the new and improved Wonder, but maybe they don't want a lot of attention in case they are still working on the new stuff when that first Galveston cruise rolls around.

WBI