How to get to Epcot Early from Pop Century

Was wondering if someone would be able to offer some assistance with this transportation puzzle.

Departure point: Pop Century

Arrival point: Epcot

Desired arrival time: A bit before 8 am

My Mom and I have a short trip planned for next March (thanks Jason!) and have booked an Epcot tour that starts at 8:15 am and they want us there 15 minutes before that (so 8:00 am). We'd also need to budget time to clear bag check and the tapstiles. The posted Epcot hours for that day are 9 am - 9 pm according to TouringPlans.com

When I booked the tour the booking agent said to allow 90 minutes for transportation... If the resort to park busses only start running 1 hour before park entry, then I assume the earliest I could be catching an Epcot bus from Pop is 8:00 am, which doesn't get me to Epcot on time. Further complicating this is that Mom will be in an ECV/scooter (offsite rental).

Is my only option a taxi from Pop to Epcot at that hour? Is there any scenario whereby I can get a bus from Pop and still make it to Epcot before 8 am, given a 9 am park opening?

I appreciate your sage advice. :)

I haven't tested it myself, but every time I've heard this question asked, those in the know have responded that Disney provides early bus transportation from the hotels to the parks for guests who have PPO (Pre Park Opening) reservations.  I've heard the buses start up at 6:30 am- ish for such purposes.

A bus from Pop is the way to go-especially since your mom has the ECV.  I'd say be at the bus stop at 7 am, and you're good to go.

ETA- I found a post from the Disney Mom's Panel that backs this up.  They're wrong a lot, but I don't think they are this time:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3_jPMAwOsNoJ:https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/booked-early-morning-pre-park-opening-reservations-266235/+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

On Aug 29, 2014
Melissa from PA Asked

Hello, I booked early morning (as in pre park opening) reservations and am staying on property. If buses only run 1 hr before park opening, how will I make my dining times if buses don't run that early? Ex. Akershaus 8:05 when park opens at 9.

Hi Melissa,

Isn't it wonderful that we have the Disney complimentary resort transportation to take us to and from the theme parks? Guaranteed complimentary transportation is the best kind of transportation! 

When it comes to arriving at your early Advanced Dining Reservation on time, you don't have to worry about that either. When you check into your Resort hotel, visit guest services and mention to them that you have an early Advanced Dining Reservation during one of the days of your stay. Each resort offers bus transportation for guests that may have Advanced Dining Reservations that are very early in the morning within the theme parks. The Cast Member will be able to tell you what time to arrive at your bus stop to take advantage of the early transportation.

I hope this answer helps with your vacation planning, Melissa. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us at any time. We're always here to help.

TCD

34 minutes ago, wendinator said:

Your Google-fu is better than mine! Thank you for the info! worship.gif

I'll post a trip report after we get back - there will be obligatory afternoon tea pictures, plus this World Showcase tour to talk about.

I would definitely make a point of stopping by the concierge desk the night before and confirming that your mom needs an early ride to Epcot.

I think she'll be fine on Disney transportation.

BTW, I have never heard of that tour.  It sounds awesome!

TCD

4 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Hi Melissa,

Isn't it wonderful that we have the Disney complimentary resort transportation to take us to and from the theme parks? Guaranteed complimentary transportation is the best kind of transportation! 

When it comes to arriving at your early Advanced Dining Reservation on time, you don't have to worry about that either. When you check into your Resort hotel, visit guest services and mention to them that you have an early Advanced Dining Reservation during one of the days of your stay. Each resort offers bus transportation for guests that may have Advanced Dining Reservations that are very early in the morning within the theme parks. The Cast Member will be able to tell you what time to arrive at your bus stop to take advantage of the early transportation.

I hope this answer helps with your vacation planning, Melissa. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask us at any time. We're always here to help.

This definitely doesn't include the Fort.  We had an early ADR at Crystal Palace.  We went to the Concierge repeatedly and were finally told we would have to ride the bus to WL to catch a bus there to MK.

BTW, I'm also on an ECV.  If I weren't, we could have taken the small boat to the Contemporary and walked over.

13 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

This definitely doesn't include the Fort.  We had an early ADR at Crystal Palace.  We went to the Concierge repeatedly and were finally told we would have to ride the bus to WL to catch a bus there to MK.

BTW, I'm also on an ECV.  If I weren't, we could have taken the small boat to the Contemporary and walked over.

Well that stinks.

For the prices that they charge at the Fort and for the meals and tours at the parks, they ought to provide a direct bus, and if they don't want to do that for whatever reason, they should start the big boat running earlier.

Did you end up riding the bus to the Lodge?  Did you make it to the MK on time?

TCD

14 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Yes, early transportation to MK stinks for ECVs. It IS the bus to WL, then bus to MK.

If you had an early ADR at AK, HS, or EPCOT, there IS an early bus to those parks direct from the Outpost.

10 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Well that stinks.

For the prices that they charge at the Fort and for the meals and tours at the parks, they ought to provide a direct bus, and if they don't want to do that for whatever reason, they should start the big boat running earlier.

Did you end up riding the bus to the Lodge?  Did you make it to the MK on time?

TCD

Yes, we made it on time.  But it wasn't fun getting to the bus stop at 6:45 am.

9 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

If you had an early ADR at AK, HS, or EPCOT, there IS an early bus to those parks direct from the Outpost.

Thanks!  I didn't know that.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Yes, early transportation to MK stinks for ECVs. It IS the bus to WL, then bus to MK.

If they are sending buses to the other parks what is the reasoning not to have a MK bus, I wonder?

9 minutes ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

If they are sending buses to the other parks what is the reasoning not to have a MK bus, I wonder?

I would assume because there are alternate options. 

Since those with out an ecv can boat to the contemporary and those with an ecv can bus to WL then to MK there are methods of getting there and doesn't cost them more. 

12 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Since those with out an ecv can boat to the contemporary and those with an ecv can bus to WL then to MK there are methods of getting there and doesn't cost them more. 

I guess you are right. :unsure:

56 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Yep, MK has always been that way for the Fort, a two step process before ECVs. At one time it was monorail to TTC, then bus to WL, then Settlement.