Home video from a few days after DL opened in 1955

Thanks for sharing this, Jason.

It's fascinating to see what Disneyland originally looked like.  Most of what we can see in the video is still there, and has simply been added to over the years.

It's also interesting to see that the footage includes Walt himself in the old mule ride attraction.  If all of this filming was done by one person, he or she did a really good job.

TCD

On 9/28/2016 at 6:46 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Cute video made from someone's home video of DL just a few days after the park opened. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IfqYz2kJn4

That should be "someone's home movie" not "someone's home video". ;) The first personal camcorders didn't come out until the early 1980's if I remember correctly. I still have a functional Bell & Howell 8mm camera that Dad used from the late 40's until the early 70's for shooting film. Even today the movies he made when he was a copilot on a B-29, the oldest I have, have held up better than most of the video that came out of camcorders.

8 minutes ago, keith_h said:

That should be "someone's home movie" not "someone's home video". ;) The first personal camcorders didn't come out until the early 1980's if I remember correctly. I still have a functional Bell & Howell 8mm camera that Dad used from the late 40's until the early 70's for shooting film. Even today the movies he made when he was a copilot on a B-29, the oldest I have, have held up better than most of the video that came out of camcorders.

I would agree with you but it was converted from the movie into a digital video. so really I think either term could be used in this instance. 

That was great.  A few comments

I would have given almost anything to see and meet  Walt in the park.

Noticed how well most of the guest were dressed as well.  Lots of men is dress shirts and ties and lots of hats not baseball caps. 

They managed to make the castle look a lot bigger than it is. 

Did you see people smoking anywhere they want? 

That was the year I was born so it was neat see how things were.  

Thanks for sharing