New Cabinet drawers for the Mickey Ear RV under way!

hedg12, unfortunately, Artcam trial does not allow you to save......They have a makers version for 149 that you can work with pre-made reliefs but you cannot create them. Artcam Jewelsmith is 7500.00

What type of cnc router are you using? I built mine using the opensource Openbulds.net V-Slot extruded aluminum. Search Openbuilds OX, I have a 30"x50" active cut area.

8 hours ago, Timsmith7 said:

Artcam Jewelsmith is 7500.00

What type of cnc router are you using? I built mine using the opensource Openbulds.net V-Slot extruded aluminum. Search Openbuilds OX, I have a 30"x50" active cut area.

WOW! Never looked at the price - I had it pegged at 6-700 like the Vectric stuff. Pretty sure that's not going to happen...

My router's a DIY that I built out of birch plywood and angle iron. No real plans - just looked at what others had done and kinda figured it out as I went along. Cutting area is 24 x 48. I'm using a Gecko G540 with 280 in. oz. nema 23 motors and an old PC running LinuxCNC. Accuracy is shockingly good (shocks me, anyway) for how it's built, but there's quite a bit of room for improvement. Planning a build using 8020 extrusion when time and money allow.  

• 1 year later...