Target no longer an option, so what now?

I just recentry earned a bunch of rewards points and used them to buy Target cards. Shortly there after I found sites stating Target is no longer allowing the use of their gift cards to purchase Disney cards!!. This really sticks as I have about $200 worth. What other deals like gift cards are out there?  What advantage is there to having a Disney Visa, can you cash in points for Disney gift cards? What's the doller to point return rate? Also I see you can get Landry's gift cards, aren't there resturants at DS where I could use these?

Personally I don't care for the Disney visa card because I feel there are better offers to get cashback on other credit cards . 

I have one but just as a back up card or if offers come out for card holders, etc.

We have an Amex blue preferred, there is a $95 fee but when I signed up I received a$150 bonus (the fee was lower then so it basically covered my first 2 years of fees). They offer 6% back in groceries up to $360 in rewards, that right there is main reason I have it.

1 hour ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

Can you redeem those earned points for Disney gift cards?

Yes, the Disney Visa gets you Disney Rewards Dollars. As you use the card, the rewards dollars build up. Just before your trip, you contact the rewards department and order a Disney Rewards Card. You use that card to spend your rewards dollars.

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Yes, the Disney Visa gets you Disney Rewards Dollars. As you use the card, the rewards dollars build up. Just before your trip, you contact the rewards department and order a Disney Rewards Card. You use that card to spend your rewards dollars.

Once you have a Rewards Card in hand, I think most concierge desks can reload it for you. (Though, my wife handles this aspect of it.)

I tried to purchase online and all went through but then I received an email saying there was a problem with my order and the order was cancelled. I have been able to purchase gift cards in the store but I also had a lot of other items in my cart. 

1 hour ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

You can still use Target gift cards to buy Disney gift cards in the stores.  Just not on line.  At least, that is what I have read in multiple places.

I think you are right but have also read that this too will be going away next year.

52 minutes ago, Dalspot ... Karen said:

I tried it ONLINE this morning, and while I didn't hit submit, I was able to use a $5 gift card towards the purchase price of the Disney Gift Card.  Maybe you can't directly trade one for another?  Hopefully it was just a temporary thing of not being able to use the Target Gift card??

No it wasn't a temporary thing. Target has actually made an announcement saying you can no longer use Target Gift cards to purchase other gift cards. I was under the impression however that this didn't take effect until August of next year. 

22 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I just recentry earned a bunch of rewards points and used them to buy Target cards. Shortly there after I found sites stating Target is no longer allowing the use of their gift cards to purchase Disney cards!!. This really sticks as I have about $200 worth. What other deals like gift cards are out there?  What advantage is there to having a Disney Visa, can you cash in points for Disney gift cards? What's the doller to point return rate? Also I see you can get Landry's gift cards, aren't there resturants at DS where I could use these?

Yes you can use Laundrys GC at DS. Laudrys owns Rainforest Cafe and the T-Rex. You can also goto any of the places they own thats close by as well. I think one id just one Apopka Vineland.

Costco carries them for around 88 for 100.00 worth.

They also own Yak and Yeti in AK as well. Here is a full list.

http://www.landrysinc.com/locations/locations.asp?radius=20&address=&city=&stateProvince=&postalCode=32830&x=20&y=15

On 10/12/2016 at 10:46 AM, Mich1073 said:

Yes you can use Laundrys GC at DS. Laudrys owns Rainforest Cafe and the T-Rex. You can also goto any of the places they own thats close by as well. I think one id just one Apopka Vineland.

Costco carries them for around 88 for 100.00 worth.

They also own Yak and Yeti in AK as well. Here is a full list.

http://www.landrysinc.com/locations/locations.asp?radius=20&address=&city=&stateProvince=&postalCode=32830&x=20&y=15

Thank you for this information!!

On 10/15/2016 at 11:19 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:
Unless they've changed, Yak & Yeti doesn't participate with the Landry's Club card. Don't know if they take Landry's Gift cards or not.

If that's the sit-down restaurant in Animal Kingdom, they do. We just used it back in August. After being seated, the manager came around and apologized for the 20 minute wait.

9 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

If that's the sit-down restaurant in AL, they do. We just used it back in August. After being seated, the manager came around and apologized for the 20 minute wait.

that's good. Honestly, the last time I ate there was within a year of them opening, and at that time they were not participating. I'm glad to hear they have joined the "club"!

Another restaurant I can get into without a reservation and without a wait :)