New night time show Jingle Bell Jingle Jam coming to DHS

I plan to skip Jingle Bam. I tried to watch the live feeds but I couldn't get into it.  Sad I haven't seen the star wars fireworks. I figure this is all just temporary as they make way for something bigger and better with the changes. I saw the Star Wars fireworks partly from the boardwalk one night and they seemed pretty impressive.

13 hours ago, Beckers said:

They really need to do something about the trees. I watched a few clips on Instagram and the trees were in the way in almost every clip.

11 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

The trees are a huge issue. Plus, they don't really provide shade. They need to go.

What trees are y'all hating on?  The palm trees in front of the theater?

TCD

9 hours ago, FEARtheEERS said:

I plan to skip Jingle Bam. I tried to watch the live feeds but I couldn't get into it.  Sad I haven't seen the star wars fireworks. I figure this is all just temporary as they make way for something bigger and better with the changes. I saw the Star Wars fireworks partly from the boardwalk one night and they seemed pretty impressive.

Star Wars returns the second show on New Years Eve according to the Disney Parks Blog. 

The Orlando Sentinel published a review of the show here:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/theme-park-rangers-blog/os-disney-hollywood-studios-jingle-bam-20161115-story.html

The poor sight lines were one of the negatives in a mostly positive review:

Ah, but those trees make it so hard, from some angles in the theme park, to see all of the top-notch, detailed projections put onto the Chinese Theater, home of the Great Movie Ride. It’s a difficult creative chore with so few fantastic sight lines available.  (In fairness, I wasn’t nearly as bummed as after that “Star Wars” show that was so asymmetric that I thought there had been technical mishaps.)

TCD

Jingle Bell, Jingle Thud. We went tonite and...what a let-down. By Disney standards, it was quite underwhelming. The laser effects were sorta cool, but it seemed that the fireworks popped up at arbitrary points in the show, almost as if the producers said "the show needs a little more pizzaz about here so lets set off some fireworks.   Super glad we didn't drop. $69 ea. for the dessert party.  I would enjoy 3 meals at Trails End more!

10 hours ago, Classact....Mike said:

Jingle Bell, Jingle Thud. We went tonite and...what a let-down. By Disney standards, it was quite underwhelming. The laser effects were sorta cool, but it seemed that the fireworks popped up at arbitrary points in the show, almost as if the producers said "the show needs a little more pizzaz about here so lets set off some fireworks.   Super glad we didn't drop. $69 ea. for the dessert party.  I would enjoy 3 meals at Trails End more!

Thanks for the review.  I haven't seen it yet.  I don't have high expectations.  The Star Wars show that this has temporarily replaced was also light on fireworks, and relied more on projections and other effects.  Star Wars also had some big fireballs, which I assume this show lacks.

It's interesting that they made a definite choice to limit the amount of fireworks in these shows.  I can't help but think that there is a financial reason for that.

With my lowered expectations, I don't expect to be disappointed.  I am only expecting a short show with some interesting visual effects- not anything on the level of Wishes, Illuminations or Fantasmic.  If all goes according to plan, I'll have a review to post next week.

TCD