Guesses on what this is about?

I'm stumped.

My best guess is that this was a dress rehearsal for a new (or updated) private event experience that is being offered at Hollywood Studios.

I found this information on the Disney Event Group website:

theater%20of%20the%20stars%20private%20e

theater%20of%20the%20stars%20private%20e

http://www.wdwdvm.com/concepts/Be_Our_Guest_Dinner-EC.pdf

There are all kinds of private events that corporations or other groups can book through the Disney private events site.  My guess is that this Instagram post has something to do with one of them.

TCD

54 minutes ago, Seals said:

I love a good mystery - 

From the internet search for "words that end in ARATION":

Exhilaration

Declaration

Preparation

Reparation

Separation

Any ideas?

Good catch.

I didn't look as carefully as you and thought that the book had the word "Narration" printed on it.  On closer look, that can't be it.

The guy who posted this is an EMT for Reedy Creek Emergency Medical Services - which is the on-site EMS provider for WDW.

He doesn't have anything to do with entertainment at DHS.  So, was this some kind of training event?  But for what?  The word Preparation would make sense.

TCD

Unless they misspelled narration! And looking at the spacing, it has to be a very short word, or no word, before the  ....aration word.

The brochure says "Announcing the New Addition to Disney's Hollywood Studio"  not a New Addition. What does that mean? 

Also, what is SHS? I couldn't find anything for that related to Disney. Just a lot of high schools with those initials. That crest the SHS is in does remind me of Beauty and the Beast, so it could be connected to that special event, which sounds like a lot of fun.

19 hours ago, Seals said:

Also, what is SHS? I couldn't find anything for that related to Disney. Just a lot of high schools with those initials. That crest the SHS is in does remind me of Beauty and the Beast, so it could be connected to that special event, which sounds like a lot of fun.

I'm stumped on the SHS too.  It's weird that this logo exists and they printed color brochures for this "new addition" to Hollywood Studios, and there is no word of this anywhere that I can find.  I also can't figure out what connection a Reedy Creek EMT would have to this.

TCD

I'm sure this is going to turn out to be something much more minor and boring than my interest in it, but here is my totally made up  and not likely theory, based on analyzing this one  picture that we don't even know when or why it was taken and my searching around the interwebs. There are recently revived rumors (were they reported here?)  that the Great Movie Ride is going to be re-created as the Great Mickey Ride. So the brochure is for the announcement of that new attraction -- note the historic skinny Mickey on the cover -- that is going to take place at the Theater of the Stars on some date in the future. The larger booklet is the Preparation for that event and it is TOP SECRET.   The SHS stands for  Studios Historical Society, part of the theming for the Great Mickey Ride where you will travel through a historical museum all about Mickey through the years.

If that's not it, it should be.

[copyright symbol] me