Hey. Can anyone provide a brief summary on how long one can expect it would take to travel to each of the four parks via the transportation system from Fort Wilderness? Boat to MK? Bus to the others? Monorail ever?

Thinking of when I need to wake up and be ready to catch a bus to arrive for park opening at each park (January, therefore mostly 9am openings).

Thanks in advance!!

I'd allow 30 minutes for boat to MK minimum and an hour for busing to most locations, due to the need to catch an internal bus to get to the oupost, then wait and transfer to an outgoing bus. We sometimes get annoyed and drive anyway due to sometimes strangely long waits for buses due to dispatch. IE: three buses for Epcot will pass while waiting for one Animal Kingdom. 

Ymmv, but a bad day at the Fort beats a good day at work!

We had reservations and did take a boat to the contemporary resort.  To get to epcot it might be worth it to take the monorail.  The boat to the contemporary was a smaller boat so if you have kids needing a stroller you may not be able to roll right on it like the magic kingdom boats.

The deck of the "smaller" boats are about a foot lower than the edge of the boat hull so you definitely can not "roll on". We have carried our folded double stroller on so we could catch the monorail at the contemporary. Typically the small boats have plenty of room as few folks are going between the resorts, exception may be just before/after hooptidoo or bybbq show times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk