New Fiend / Cute pre-Matthew pic

Hello! I'm excited to finally join and apologize for being a loooong time lurker. Also, thank you for the oh-so-many times I needed a Fort fix and you were here!

Before our pre-Matthew trip, I was straightening out a little used closet in our TT and found the Fort Fiends hat with tags still attached. I believe it was tossed out during a golf cart parade back in the day! I didn't think it was right to clip the tags and wear it until one of us had joined. Well, kind of late, but clipping the tags!!!

So we left the day before the Fort said everyone had to be out due to impending Matthew, and as we were packing, we watched cast members zooming around in golf carts, picking up just the lids of loop trash cans. Finally, a different worker arrived with rope, stacked the lids against a tree and tied them down. Thought it was kind of interesting! I'll try to attach the pic.

fort trash can lid stack.jpg

Fort Fiends' hat.jpg

FF hat with Stitchworks.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!

We live about half an hour from the Fort and save our money to stay 3 or 4 times a year. Even though we are local, we don't think free-loading at the pool is appropriate. I would say we're rule-followers. On occasion we might come for lunch (although I guess the lunch menu is history) and walk around wishing we were on vacation!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:54 PM, PeacefulCamper said:

Thanks for the welcome!

We live about half an hour from the Fort and save our money to stay 3 or 4 times a year. Even though we are local, we don't think free-loading at the pool is appropriate. I would say we're rule-followers. On occasion we might come for lunch (although I guess the lunch menu is history) and walk around wishing we were on vacation!

We're in Clermont and we often do the same thing (walking around wishing we were on vacation).  We've had 7 stays this year with one more planned; but that's more than normal since my wife retired from Disney a year ago and we've taken a year to enjoy it.  I'm still working and need to save some vacation prior to retiring in 5 years. Plus, we want to resume our normal one big trip a year supplemented by the Fort and state parks.

Small world! We're in Clermont as well! Raised our family here. Both daughters are married and settled in Orlando! My husband retired from teaching and then worked for Disney. He retired from there a few years ago. I retired from 38 years of teaching last year. Planning to do a lot of camping throughout Florida with (of course) as many Fort trips as possible!