Since the Fort is booked for Thanksgiving, no shock there, I'm looking for another kid firendly campground.  Can you make any recommendations?

I have heard the following thus far, have no experience with any of them:

1. Fort Clinch
2. Salt Springs
3. Tropical Palm Rv Resort
4. Westgate Resort

Any others?  Any experience with any of these?  We have an 8yr old girl so kid friendly parks are a big thing for us.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Whoa, you mean there are other campgrounds in FL other than the Fort? :lol:

Check out this one, it's not too far a drive from WDW.

Kelly Park/Rock Springs Run

Hours of Operation:
Summer: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.;
Winter: 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.; Monday - Sunday
Phone Number: (407) 254-1902
Address:
400 E Kelly Park RD
Apopka, FL 32712

It's main draw is the springs that you can go tubing in.  Next door is the campground.  There is a walkway between the two and playgrounds in the springs part.  You will need to scroll down to find the camping link.

The person I bought my BAL Leveler from had great things to say about Fort Clinch, but we haven't made it to there yet.

Tropical Palm I think has a lot of park model campers in it.

Westgate, are you talking about River Ranch?

There are county parks that have camping in Osceola and Orange Counties.

Fort Desoto in Pinellas County is nice, its on a bay off the Gulf of Mexico.  Might be booked by now though.

Othesr on here have gone to Jetty Park, might want to do a trip report search for their comments.
28 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Whoa, you mean there are other campgrounds in FL other than the Fort? :lol:

Check out this one, it's not too far a drive from WDW.

Kelly Park/Rock Springs Run

Hours of Operation:
Summer: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.;
Winter: 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.; Monday - Sunday
Phone Number: (407) 254-1902
Address:
400 E Kelly Park RD
Apopka, FL 32712

It's main draw is the springs that you can go tubing in.  Next door is the campground.  There is a walkway between the two and playgrounds in the springs part.  You will need to scroll down to find the camping link.

The person I bought my BAL Leveler from had great things to say about Fort Clinch, but we haven't made it to there yet.

Tropical Palm I think has a lot of park model campers in it.

Westgate, are you talking about River Ranch?

There are county parks that have camping in Osceola and Orange Counties.

Fort Desoto in Pinellas County is nice, its on a bay off the Gulf of Mexico.  Might be booked by now though.

Othesr on here have gone to Jetty Park, might want to do a trip report search for their comments.

Thanks!

yes River Ranch is the one that I was referring to. 

River Ranch has a large amount of things to do and a wide variety of accommodations.

They have rooms, glamping tee-pees (Disney prices!), boondock camping and I think regular campsites.

They used to have rodeos on Saturday nights. They also have a restaurant or 2 and a saloon.

Place has been around for ages, was closed down for quite a while before Westgate bought them and reopened it.

Here are some links for FL campgrounds

http://www.reserveamerica.com/outdoors/florida-camping.htm

https://www.floridastateparks.org/things-to-do/stay-the-night

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/florida

http://campflorida.com/

Wish i could tell you more about sites around the state, but since we got back into camping the only place we have gone to is the Fort.

We did stay at Fort Desoto ages ago and had a good time.

I spent a week and change at3. Tropical Palm Rv Resort .  It's a nice facility but for the price not nice enough.  The bathroom / showers were very old and dated,  the washer and dryers never worked.  While there we lost power for several hours and lost water for about a day.   

This was in Jan of 2015 and it was under new ownership and they were trying to work through all of the maintenance issues associated with the park. 

Also they really pack you in tightly