Getting to Parks from Ft. Wilderness?

We will get to Disney in 6 days and I am trying to get some type of schedule for seeing as much as we can in four days.  I read somewhere else that driving our car to the parks would be quicker than riding the bus.  Is this correct?    How about the boat ride option to any of the parks.

Are there easy directions to get to the parks and how long will it take from Ft. Wilderness?

The boat ride to Magic Kingdom from the Settlement Boat dock is the quickest.

Getting to the other parks is also pretty easy, turn left out of the Fort Parking lot, turn right at the first Red light, then follow the signs.

Having said that, we use the buses. It's just part of the experience for us.

36 minutes ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

We always use Disney transportation.  Let someone else fight the traffic!!!

Also- if you don't know where you're going, it can be confusing to drive around WDW.  And, if you drive, you need to park and ride a tram from the parking lot to the gate.

I am a fan of the buses/boats too.  They might not always be quicker than driving, but they are a lot less hassle.

TCD

I'm another fan of the buses. I've gotten lost several times trying to follow the less than clear signs around WDW.  And if you are trying to do as much as you can, there's nothing like letting the bus driver take you "home" at the end of a long day when you're exhausted.  Just allow some extra time if you're trying to get somewhere by a particular time. 

29 minutes ago, reubenray said:

Will the buses run early enough to get to the parks for the early 8AM openings?

Yes they will. The internal buses start running at 6 something AM, then there will be buses to Animal Kingdom, Studios, and Epcot from the Outpost starting at 7am. You can also drive your car from your site to the parking lot, and catch the bus. Avoiding the internal bus. OR bring bikes or rent a golf cart.

Now, for the Magic Kingdom, the large boat starts 30-45 minutes before park opening. To get to the FRONT of the line before park opening, most folks recommend getting on a small launch going to the Contemporary that starts at 6:45 am, then walking to the Magic Kingdom.

3 minutes ago, reubenray said:

How would I secure the cart to keep someone else from using it?   Aren't the keys the same?

That really isn't a problem. If it makes you feel more secure, there is usually a kill switch under the seat. That may deter joy riders. If it's a Disney cart and you have your key with you, you won't be held liable. There are literally hundreds of carts parked every day at these parking areas with little to no incidents of theft.