Lego land! Finally going!

I was able to change our flight to arrive in Orlando a day before our Disney trip starts,  so we are now landing at 8am, renting a car and going to legoland for the day! we wanted to stay at the Lego hotel but it would have been $470 for night! No stinking way. Instead we will just check into our Disney hotel a day earlier (still do not know which resort we are being put at).  

I was searching rental cars and it's $75 more to return at Disney instead of back to MCO but I figure it's worth the time saved vs driving past Disney to return it, then taking ME to our resort. 

Is that a weekend rate for the hotel?  I've seen it for around $200+.

It's a fun park, you should be able to do everything in a day.  The rides are tame except for the Friends Pony Ride up near the front part of the park.

Any kids going?  Rides are geared towards them. 

Get some Granny Apple Fries, they are real good.  The pizza buffet is ok, has a decent variety of pies, but it's just a little better than typical amusement park pizza.  There is a food court type of place also near the front.

There are a couple of burger places, chicken place (overpriced to me), a panini place, and a to go type of place with packaged foods that didn't seem that great.

It's for check in  Jan 2, so I guess because it's so close to the holiday it's ridiculous. If we went a day later it's a $100 less but I can't change the Disney dates. 

My kids will be just turned 3 and 8 when we go. 

Ive heard that the food isn't that great and they aren't good with food allergies so I've got some research to do.

16 hours ago, Beckers said:

It's for check in  Jan 2, so I guess because it's so close to the holiday it's ridiculous. If we went a day later it's a $100 less but I can't change the Disney dates. 

My kids will be just turned 3 and 8 when we go. 

Ive heard that the food isn't that great and they aren't good with food allergies so I've got some research to do.

Holiday pricing seems to be the norm where ever you try to go anymore.  We've all seen the Fort prices ebb and flow from day to day.

Knock on wood we don't have to worry about food allergies so I really couldn't help you there.

I think the mini food court might be your best bet, but even though it's served up there, I haven't seen them actually cooking, but the magic could be happening behind the wall and you might be able to get something special.

20 hours ago, Beckers said:

I was searching rental cars and it's $75 more to return at Disney instead of back to MCO but I figure it's worth the time saved vs driving past Disney to return it, then taking ME to our resort. 

I'm not sure if it's still open, but Enterprise used to have a desk at the B Resort in the Disney Springs area.  Twice I was allowed to return a car there instead of MCO for no extra charge.  On both of those occasions, I made the request after I rented, so it may be something they approve on a case by case basis.  And, I'm not sure if they still have that outpost at the B Resort- I think they were planning to shut it down.  They have complimentary transportation to the parks from that resort- it might be a way for you to save time and $75.

TCD

I started looking at the B Resort and pricing out a return there, etc. it's pretty much the same price to have the car Tuesday-Sunday and return at MCO vs a one day rental and returning it at a different place than MCO. So now I'm thinking we will just keep it and skip ME. I highly doubt we will ever use it to go to the parks unless we are unhappy with how the bus stops at the moderate works out. 

Take a few minutes to walk through the gardens, it will give you an idea of how Cypress Gardens used to be and is a very pretty area to see. I haven't been in several years, bu my wife and GKs go several times a year. It is just about 20 miles from us. I enjoy the island in the sky ride there, gives a very good view of surrounding area. 

5 hours ago, Beckers said:

I started looking at the B Resort and pricing out a return there, etc. it's pretty much the same price to have the car Tuesday-Sunday and return at MCO vs a one day rental and returning it at a different place than MCO. So now I'm thinking we will just keep it and skip ME. I highly doubt we will ever use it to go to the parks unless we are unhappy with how the bus stops at the moderate works out. 

Another option depending on your arrival time and where the busses pick up, is the LEGOLAND bus.

I know it used to be very inexpensive, it picked up from 3 or 4 Orlando areas then went to the park.

6 hours ago, BigTom said:

Take a few minutes to walk through the gardens, it will give you an idea of how Cypress Gardens used to be and is a very pretty area to see. I haven't been in several years, bu my wife and GKs go several times a year. It is just about 20 miles from us. I enjoy the island in the sky ride there, gives a very good view of surrounding area. 

Absolutely!! I went to LegoLand about 3 years ago, and even then the gardens were incredible! They've had 3 more years of restoring time. I bet they are amazing now! I didn't have any kids along, so I wandered the gardens twice. Really, really, incredible!

3 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Have fun!!  We have our fingers crossed, that Legoland will run another Black Friday special... 

I will let you know if we get any insider info.  I can't remember if I got it on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

We still haven't used it to get on the Eye, wax museum, or aquarium.

28 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I will let you know if we get any insider info.  I can't remember if I got it on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

We still haven't used it to get on the Eye, wax museum, or aquarium.

Thank you :)

18 minutes ago, Beckers said:

Oh and when I went on their website you could sign up to receive an email about their Black Friday deal so something must be going on.

I did sign up... but I'm still trying to stalk all the sites, haha :)

20 minutes ago, Beckers said:

What was the special? 

It was a BOGO on an AP!

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 2:03 PM, Beckers said:

Guess what? When you put in the correct check in day, the price goes down! So we are booked at the legoland hotel in a premium pirate themed room. 

Good job, your son will love that.

I'm happy to hear the gardens are still looking good, they were my favorite.  Is the boat ride a thing of the past?