Disney Quest has been extended until 2017+

According to Disneyblog.com, Disney Quest's closing is not happening anytime soon.  DQ was supposed to close so that it could be turned into an NBA experience.  Apparently that is not happening now?  Who knows.  

http://thedisneyblog.com/2016/11/09/disneyquest-gets-life-extension-disney-springs/?platform=hootsuite

00-dtd-disneyquest-1.jpg

photo credit: disneyfoodblog.com

12 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

I wish they would redo it and leave all the vintage game alone.  However that is just me.

Unfortunately, the vintage games are what is going to go through attrition. The original manufacturers quit making those parts long ago, and when they die, that's it. Now, I know with programming, they could put a computer simulation of the vintage game in the box, and you would have 99% of the experience, but.......

7 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Unfortunately, the vintage games are what is going to go through attrition. The original manufacturers quit making those parts long ago, and when they die, that's it. Now, I know with programming, they could put a computer simulation of the vintage game in the box, and you would have 99% of the experience, but.......

That is not necessarily true, but I don't think Disney wants to go and find them through the means I have to for my games.  There are some companies that are making parts for them, just like the old pinball machines, but they are not cheap and like all the other vintage stuff I have, it comes with a price Disney probably does not want to pay.  I can get parts for my jukebox, pinball machines and video games to replace worn out and broken items.  I just can't get them from the original peeps.

11 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

That is not necessarily true, but I don't think Disney wants to go and find them through the means I have to for my games.  There are some companies that are making parts for them, just like the old pinball machines, but they are not cheap and like all the other vintage stuff I have, it comes with a price Disney probably does not want to pay.  I can get parts for my jukebox, pinball machines and video games to replace worn out and broken items.  I just can't get them from the original peeps.

This is true. I went to Disney Quest once... simply because I heard they had BattleZone in there. (I used to have a full sized BattleZone in my living room with my ex husband. He was in the Navy and gone a lot, so I had plenty of time to get pretty good at it). Sadly, the BattleZone at DisneyQuest was unplugged and out of order :( 

• 11 months later...
On 11/13/2016 at 4:09 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

This is true. I went to Disney Quest once... simply because I heard they had BattleZone in there. (I used to have a full sized BattleZone in my living room with my ex husband. He was in the Navy and gone a lot, so I had plenty of time to get pretty good at it). Sadly, the BattleZone at DisneyQuest was unplugged and out of order :( 

I used to go to DQ every trip for several years because they had an original full size sit down Atari Star Wars game.....  complete with ancient computer wire frame graphics..... BUT I could still feel as though I was actually flying down the trench of the Death Star due to the excellent sound and music effects B)

I loved that it had the original theme and Obi Wan sound clips from the movie:  "Luke, the Force will be with you..... always!"