54 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

True.

I'm pretty sure I told both Marty and Roberta about 1504.  But, that was a while ago. Everything has changed since then. They cut down most of the trees to get rid of the tree rat infestation, and there's an unresolved issue with a leaking sewer pipe from the 1600 loop which is dumping raw sewage right behind the site.  And don't get me started about the fire ant infestation.  I thought the constant flooding and mud an the stench from the sewage would have gotten rid of them.  But no. And the tree rats didn't leave either.  They just made tree rat nests in the remaining trees and poison ivy vines. They come out at night, and have no fear of man.  They'll chew right into your camper or tent for this slightest crumb.  They have huge, razor sharp rat teeth, you know.

Stay away from 1504- it's awful.  Maybe the worst site in the Fort.  Same with the rest of 1500- it's terrible.  2000 is way nicer!

TCD

Fixed it

Stay away from 1504- the Fort, it's awful !!!

There, now maybe I'll be able to get a reservation sometime in the next two years.

16 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Glad you had such a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Can't wait to go again. 

I would classify it as our best Disney vacation ever.  Disney is always fun, but usually has an element of stress. I'm not really sure what causes me the stress, but apparently it's the hotels, but it was completely absent this time. I felt completely comfortable and in my element. I felt no sense of rushing to do anything. 

Staying in hotels makes me feel like we need to get out early so Mousekeeping can get in. I also don't want to leave any clothes or personal items laying around, so basically clean before they come in. In our camper, I could totally chill about everything. I loved being able to cook breakfast at leisure, and have a meal at home when we got home from the parks.

I thought I would miss having a campfire, but never did. We are the reverse of rope drop people. We get to the parks whenever we get there, and stay until closing. If one park closes, we will hop to another one with a later closing time or EMH. So the fire pit was not needed at the Fort. 

There is also some sort of un-seen but very much felt nervous energy at the Disney hotels...  It seems like everyone is on a mission to go somewhere and not really care who they mow down to get there.  I am not anti-hotel, because on average I spend 3-4 nights per month in a hotel room somewhere.  I don't really think that Disney realizes what an "oasis" they have with the Fort... 

I totally agree about the nervous energy at the resort hotels. I have anxiety issues anyway, but Disney usually causes me to use much more meds than usual. 

At the Fort, I actually used less. I always believed it was the parks that caused me anxiety, but that is not the case. 

Yeah, I'm sure Disney knows how much people love the Fort. It's harder to get into than the resorts, and some times of year, costs more than the values, at the tent sites. The other sites always cost more. Since it stays full and in demand, I doubt it's getting any cheaper.