Here are the 6 least crowded times at WDW in 2017

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, bdm said:

I was always told early October was a great time to go..  Guess I'll find out 

Rene and I typically go in mid-October or between Halloween and Thanksgiving. They aren't extremely crowded IMO. Compared to when we used to go in late January when the kids were young there does appear to be more people. We are talking a number of years between that time and now but I would guess the ratios are similar. I think a couple of factors make September and January/February lower times. Both are after long school breaks so parents are less like to take their kids out to go. In January you can add in the lack of Brazilians due to their summer being over. Our next trip looks like it will be in late January or early February even though we will miss F&W at Epcot. 

On 11/27/2016 at 8:18 PM, keith_h said:

Rene and I typically go in mid-October or between Halloween and Thanksgiving. They aren't extremely crowded IMO. Compared to when we used to go in late January when the kids were young there does appear to be more people. We are talking a number of years between that time and now but I would guess the ratios are similar. I think a couple of factors make September and January/February lower times. Both are after long school breaks so parents are less like to take their kids out to go. In January you can add in the lack of Brazilians due to their summer being over. Our next trip looks like it will be in late January or early February even though we will miss F&W at Epcot. 

Check and make sure there are no race weekends.  They have been adding more each year.

57 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Check and make sure there are no race weekends.  They have been adding more each year.

I didn't know or think of that and will have to keep it in mind. It looks like our next trip will be in 2018. This year with oldest daughter's wedding and next year needing to make an extended trip out west to visit family (Mom's 88) there isn't much available for a fall trip to the Fort and parks. I'm hoping that Avatar Land will be open by then and the attraction opening crowds somewhat diminished by then.