Features you have requested in a FW site

I was thinking it might be nice to have a thread to refer newbies to that lists what features some people have requested in a FW site.

For us, I like to be near a comfort station.  Some people might not want to be near the CS, since there is the foot traffic going by there at all hours.

We also request near the bus stop so my husband won't have to walk too far.  Some may prefer to be far from the bus stop so they won't hear it beeping.

How about you?  What features do you request?

I prefer near the comfort station. We have been near the bus stop, and yes...lots of beeping and bus noise. I creep out of the camper early in the morning to take my shower and sip my coffee while the kids sleep, so being near the comfort station is nice. We also like a lot of space at the site for our (very active) kids to run around.

20 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

I've requested a site with a frozen custard machine, but I never get it.  I might have to ask Jason what to do.

You know, they ignore me when I ask them to have a Dole Whip machine at my site.  Bastards.

2 hours ago, AuburnJen said:

You know, they ignore me when I ask them to have a Dole Whip machine at my site.  Bastards.

After seeing what's in those things I'm not sure I want one. It kind of ruined the thought I had of lots of happy little CM's crushing and squeezing fresh pineapples all to end up in a nice frozen concoction for me to drink.

18 hours ago, keith_h said:

After seeing what's in those things I'm not sure I want one.

Hey, it's the most delicious space age polymer you will ever eat!

When camping with a group (like WWW) definitely close to the comfort station.

When camping with just us and the dogs, we like close to the dog walk.  While the girls have a blast at the dog park, CrankyOldMan dog is not a fan.

6 hours ago, Rex&Bonnie said:

I just discovered this forum and I will definitely be following this topic! Total Newbie to RVing but a lifelong Disney fanatic!

Welcome from the next state up Delaware

I just discovered this forum and I will definitely be following this topic! Total Newbie to RVing but a lifelong Disney fanatic!

Welcome! And despite any complaining you might see on this site, the Fort is one of the best campgrounds in the country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our requests all depend on the time, who we have with us, and my mood. Haha.

Have requested sites that are easy to get into, lots of frontage for decorating, near the dog walk or park, lots of trees and privacy.

I can honestly say that no matter what we have requested and/or got we haven't ever had a bad site. Of course some we like more than others.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have been in the site closest to the Bus stop and comfort station on raccoon lane, I love that site, sure everyone can see what you have out around your rig at your site. But being across the street from the meadows trading post, never missing a bus, never wait to use the facilities at the comfort station made it worth it.

• 1 month later...

Up until this last trip, I would have agreed there are no bad sites. However our site request from now on will state "anything, but the 600 loop". Big Bear loop is our favorite near the comfort station. We usually just request a range of sites that we prefer.

18 hours ago, TN22.....Brady said:

Up until this last trip, I would have agreed there are no bad sites. However our site request from now on will state "anything, but the 600 loop". Big Bear loop is our favorite near the comfort station. We usually just request a range of sites that we prefer.

Is there a trip report corresponding the the Loop 600 hate? :huh:  If not, what was wrong with it? Just curious. 

Roberta,

Sorry, No trip report. In a nutshell here is why we did not like it:

Technically it is not a loop, but rather a one way path that runs parallel to the main road. We were on the road side of the 600 loop and had no room. Our picnic table sat halfway on our site and the back part of the site beside us, it would not fit on the concrete. We normally place our picnic table behind our camper when the site is narrow, in this case the (very busy) walking path was less than 5 feet from the back of our camper, no room for the picnic table.  The road that runs through the 600 loop is extremely narrow and on several occasions we had to spot for other campers as they moved in and out to avoid hitting anyone's vehicle. On two occasions we had Motor-homes arrive that could not fit onto the site they were assigned. No comfort station in the 600 "loop".  There were a couple of sites at the beginning that appeared nice and roomy, but the majority were not. It reminded me of staying in a really old state park campground that was designed for 20 foot campers and station wagons, yet they insisted on assigning 5th wheels, and Motor-homes to these sites. Don't get me wrong, we like state parks, just not at Disney prices. Thankfully, this was not our first experience at the Fort, as I am sure it would have been our last.

We use the FF app when checking in to verify size and space, the measurements for this site were accurate, but due to the angle the site meets the road, you lose some space on one side at the front, for example the left front tire of my truck was on the site pad, the right front tire was in the road.  Distance between sites were minimal, thus adding to the cramped feeling.

Although this has nothing to do with the 600 "loop", we had a group of "that- party, loud outdoor TV, bicycles in the road, no one is watching our kids, the world revolves around me -crowd" show up for the weekend and take up 4 sites across from us. This just added to the cramped feeling, and made us dislike our specific location even more.