Some of the old timers on here know that the fort has been our family tradition each thanksgiving for the past 10 years. As I sit in my recliner at the fort, I tell the wife I better make reservations for next year. As I check online, I'm crap out of luck for anything next thanksgiving. So, I called Disney reservations and they stated they are totally booked. Now I'm hoping someone cancels in the next few months. I am suspicious as stated before that Disney holds back sites closer to the actual date. I'm a planner and like everything booked and set as early as possible. My next question is, should I now look online everyday to see if those dates pop up if and when a cancellation comes to be?  I even tried the old trick of booking a month forward or back but no luck.  Some of you may think I'm crazy worrying a year out, but Disney hardcores know the drill

If only there were someone who looks at Disney bokings every day who could help you with this. ;-)

Honestly though book up until Thanksgiving day. You can then work to add on the rest of the days. I have done it for a few clients for this years thanksgiving. 

We forgot to book thanksgiving this year and was so sad that we might not get it. Honestly I knew nothing would probably open up until the dates got closer. In the last couple of weeks I checked several times a day and as one date or another would pop up I'd snag them. Eventually I was able to get everything we needed pieced together, as did our friends. We usually like to be in premium and that wasn't opening at all. So we settled on full hookup. Ended up in the old cabin loop which was pretty tight for our rv but we made it work. We leave in the morning...sniff sniff. 

Jason, is there a way to stay on your radar for date searching?  I had emailed about thanksgiving this year but as I mentioned, got lucky with that :). Still trying to get Xmas. I've got Christmas night but that's all so far.

Call us crazy (many people do) but we have never booked our reservations more than a couple months out. There is no magic wand to wave, you just have to be persistent about checking back for the dates you need. We tried using a travel agent a couple times but in the end had better success doing it ourselves. But if you don't have the resolve to check back 10 times a day, then you may well benefit from a TA. Honestly I would have zero concern about not currently seeing a Thanksgiving avail for next year. As sure as the sun is gonna shine tomorrow, there will be cancellations and you'll get your dates desired dates. 

9 hours ago, 4as - Amy said:

We forgot to book thanksgiving this year and was so sad that we might not get it. Honestly I knew nothing would probably open up until the dates got closer. In the last couple of weeks I checked several times a day and as one date or another would pop up I'd snag them. Eventually I was able to get everything we needed pieced together, as did our friends. We usually like to be in premium and that wasn't opening at all. So we settled on full hookup. Ended up in the old cabin loop which was pretty tight for our rv but we made it work. We leave in the morning...sniff sniff. 

Jason, is there a way to stay on your radar for date searching?  I had emailed about thanksgiving this year but as I mentioned, got lucky with that :). Still trying to get Xmas. I've got Christmas night but that's all so far.

Send me an email at [email protected] and I will put you on my list for daily checking.