You Can Now Rent a Private Cabana in the MK

The WDWNT Blog and the Orlando Sentinel are reporting that Disney is now offering private cabanas for rent in the MK for $700 a day.

Here's the text and some photos from the WDWNT blog:

You may be used to renting cabanas at Disney water parks, but now Disney is adding the offering to its theme parks…

Kingdom Cabana, now for rent at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

Kingdom Cabana, now for rent at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom

The Kingdom Cabanas will be added to the Magic Kingdom Park on November 27th, 2016. Situated near Space Mountain in Tomorrowland, the cabanas (which are pretty ugly looking white tents in this reporter’s opinion) can accommodate up to 8 guests. They are available for a daily rental price of $649.

Amenities in the Kingdom Cabanas include private and shaded seating, cold beverages, snacks, and reserved viewing space for parades and fireworks.

Bookings for the cabanas are now open by calling 407-WDW-PLAY or visiting concierge at any Disney World Resort Hotel.

A WDWNT reader also sent us the following photos of the cabanas being set up at the park recently:

15135607_10102961130278159_2046769017_n

15151010_10102961130353009_1848060917_n

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/11/breaking-magic-kingdom-adding-park-cabanas-guests-rent/

These things are tents.

$700 a day for access to a tent.

TCD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, well, I'm renting one and you losers can't come in.

This, to me, is near the absolute bottom of the barrel for money grabbing. In one breath they are complaining about park attendance dropping off and offering all kinds of package discounts to get peop

You all are missing it. Disney is filling a need.  where else in the park can you go and sit down together, while having food and drinks brought to you. Oh wait,I guess there are restaurants. But then

Yeah, well, I'm renting one and you losers can't come in.

This, to me, is near the absolute bottom of the barrel for money grabbing. In one breath they are complaining about park attendance dropping off and offering all kinds of package discounts to get people to come back to WDW (I have received no less than 4 separate offer codes in the past month), in the next they are offering these stupid party tents that cater to the people that can afford to drop $700 a day for no reason other than they need a place to relax for a few minutes.

A TENT.

Think about that.

Surrounded by planters.

In plain view.

Ridiculous.

I would give you a DVC or passholder lounge where the old arcade used to be; those have been in EPCOT for a long time and I don't think anything has moved into that space since it closed.

A TENT.

SMDH.

You all are missing it. Disney is filling a need.  where else in the park can you go and sit down together, while having food and drinks brought to you. Oh wait,I guess there are restaurants. But then you would have to deal with that pesky air conditioning, and superfluous the ingredients.  But alas, you would be stuck having to carry around that extra cash if you spent less than $649 for the meal.

I am wondering about the price (not that I give a rat's behind because I am not going to shell out that cash for this) but I am seeing $650 on several sites and $700 on others.  I wonder if the price points are set yet or if some of the sites posted the price prematurely this morning and edited it?

8 minutes ago, AuburnJen said:

I am wondering about the price (not that I give a rat's behind because I am not going to shell out that cash for this) but I am seeing $650 on several sites and $700 on others.  I wonder if the price points are set yet or if some of the sites posted the price prematurely this morning and edited it?

Does the $50 difference really matter? If you have to ask, you can't afford it...

I've seen $691 with tax, so I think that's the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Beckers said:

The thing is I don't thing Disney is just doing this on a whim. They must know there is a demand for this.

It fits with the direction they seem to be going, away from everyday families to the more affluent who will pay for just about anything to say they have done it.

I think this is a great idea. All those tents will be full of people trying to get there $700 worth. So they won't be clogging up the rest of the park. Now as for the people that pay for it, they either have to much money or no clue how to enjoy Disney. What's funny is they could offer it to me for free and I would still pass. Of all the places in the world to set in a cabana or a tent, Tomorrow Land at MK would be the last place I would want to.

36 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Do you think that somewhere, the guy who came up with this idea has seen how bad it looks and quaking in his boots hoping no one else realizes just how stupid an idea it is?

He's probably enjoying the raise he got for such a fantastic money making idea...

i can't imagine what this looks like. 

49 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

Do you think that somewhere, the guy who came up with this idea has seen how bad it looks and quaking in his boots hoping no one else realizes just how stupid an idea it is?

Is there a fiend on the scene that good hobby there and see if they are being used?

my bet is they are.  

I bet Disney is making a killing off these cabanas.   Think about. They rent it one time and that pays for the tent and the plastic planter boxes.  

People will pay a lot of money for exclusivity.