New EPCOT Festival of the Arts coming in January

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/all-new-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts-coming-to-walt-disney-world-in-january-2017/

The Epcot International Festival of the Arts debuts Jan. 13 – Feb. 20. It’ll be a trifecta of global masterpieces: combining visual, culinary and performing arts for six colorful weekends.

From the art of Disney historical artist Mary Blair and Herb Ryman art of Epcot to current Disney artists Joe Kaminski and Costa Alavezos, you’ll not only be surrounded by incredible visions, you’ll watch the creative process live.

In the inaugural year of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, a collaboration with Disney Theatrical will bring an exciting new showcase of favorite music and Broadway talent to the America Gardens Theatre stage.

Over the six weeks of the festival, you’ll enjoy different pairings of phenomenal Broadway talent in concert singing the award-winning music of Disney on Broadway.

And then you’ll feast on creations that look almost too good to eat, but you won’t be able to resist our Food Studios. Your eyes and taste buds will battle over which sense is getting the better treat.

The Epcot International Festival of the Arts will run Fridays through Mondays, and unveil brand new art each week. That means, you’ll want to return each weekend for an original experience.

I've been saying they want to stretch Food & Wine full year, just another example of how to do it....

29 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/11/all-new-epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts-coming-to-walt-disney-world-in-january-2017/

I've been saying they want to stretch Food & Wine full year, just another example of how to do it....

Wow.  They have expanded the stop and start dates of the Food and Wine and Flower and Garden Festivals over the past few years, and now this almost closed the gap between those two.

I guess those "temporary" kiosks will just remain in place from September through May, and it will just be the scorching hot summer months with no festival activities (for now).

Maybe the plan is that guests will be come for the festival activities and not realize that there are no longer any attractions in Innoventions east or west, that the photo effect in Spaceship Earth is permanently broken, or that the Wonders of Life pavilion is still dark.

TCD

• 1 month later...

A couple of places have posted some pics from it and it looks like some of the stuff is really cute, a white chocolate puzzle you can paint, a big paint by number that guests could help (I think I read it was already completed last night), some famous art works that you can be in the picture. I'm sad we missed it.

A couple of places have posted some pics from it and it looks like some of the stuff is really cute, a white chocolate puzzle you can paint, a big paint by number that guests could help (I think I read it was already completed last night), some famous art works that you can be in the picture. I'm sad we missed it.

I need one of those puzzles! So cute! Lots of the stuff looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spent some time at Epcot yesterday during the Festival of the Arts. This sure felt quite a bit like food & wine (which I confess I've done only once before) so I agree with others who think the booths will be a semi-permanent fixture. I didn't get to many of the booths, but I did try these two things and both were very tasty and flavorful.

LUFGmCZ.jpg

KF6VncR.jpg

VBJFuKq.jpg

OJ2v73E.jpg

20 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

And TCD, have you see the animation class is back? I never did it at HS, so I'm going to try it during the festival. http://blogmickey.com/2017/01/photos-animation-academy-new-home-epcot-festival-arts/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that link!  I did see that they were offering an animation class, but I didn't know what the set-up would be.

That's a small space for them to put it in, but it's also off the beaten path, so maybe it won't be too crowded.  We will definitely check it out!

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for that link!  I did see that they were offering an animation class, but I didn't know what the set-up would be.

That's a small space for them to put it in, but it's also off the beaten path, so maybe it won't be too crowded.  We will definitely check it out!

TCD

I expect to see side by sides, so we can judge who did the best! :)