CONFIRMED: Magic Kingdom Ice Cream Social May Be in the works

Yes, another ticketed item may be coming down the pike?  Surprised?  I actually might be interested in this one if they can offer enough chocolate alternatives for this pathetic sap who is allergic.  Thanks to wdwnt.com and chip and co for the rumor article.

http://www.chipandco.com/new-ice-cream-social-experience-may-coming-magic-kingdom-254045/

liberty-square-riverboat-gallery02-600x3

photo credit: chipandco.com

10 hours ago, Travisma said:

why don't they just have it at Aunt Pollys?

One element of this deal is that they're marketing it as having viewing of the Festival of Fantasy parade.  I guess there's a view of it from the boat, but I don't think there is from Aunt Polly's.

One thing I wonder about is how they're saying that Tiana and Prince Naveen will be on board.  So, will they wave to the Tiana and Prince Naveen on the FOF float, or how will that work?

TCD

BTW-

This is not a rumor.

It's a thing:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tianas-riverboat-party/

It starts next week

Tiana’s Riverboat Party - Ice Cream Social & Parade Viewing

All-New, Old-Fashioned Fun

Treat your senses to a Liberty Square Riverboat “sundae fun-day” and reserved viewing of one of our grandest processions.

Make the most of your next visit to Magic Kingdom park, where Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen are throwing an unforgettable party… and you’re invited! The occasion begins on the dock as your royal hosts welcome you and your sweet tooth to an ice cream social, complete with ice cream and toppings, drinks, and sweet treats.

Then board the Liberty Square Riverboat and relax while enjoying the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade—all from the comfort of your special viewing location!

After the parade, Tiana and Naveen will join you to continue the party as you all cruise around the Rivers of America, circling Tom Sawyer Island.

Pricing and Reservation Details
This special event is available for $49 per adult and $29 for children ages 9 and under (tax included). For reservations, you can book online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

Please check in at the Liberty Square Riverboat entrance 45 minutes before the parade begins.

All entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

TCD

52 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

One element of this deal is that they're marketing it as having viewing of the Festival of Fantasy parade.  I guess there's a view of it from the boat, but I don't think there is from Aunt Polly's.

One thing I wonder about is how they're saying that Tiana and Prince Naveen will be on board.  So, will they wave to the Tiana and Prince Naveen on the FOF float, or how will that work?

TCD

You answered your own question...

After the parade, Tiana and Naveen will join you to continue the party as you all cruise around the Rivers of America, circling Tom Sawyer Island

2 minutes ago, Travisma said:

You answered your own question...

After the parade, Tiana and Naveen will join you to continue the party as you all cruise around the Rivers of America, circling Tom Sawyer Island

Yeah, I saw that on the Disney site.  That does answer that question.  Character Integrity preserved!

My daughter's friend, who is a "friend of Tiana," looks like she has good job security.

TCD

48 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

BTW-

This is not a rumor.

It's a thing:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tianas-riverboat-party/

It starts next week

Tiana’s Riverboat Party - Ice Cream Social & Parade Viewing

All-New, Old-Fashioned Fun

Treat your senses to a Liberty Square Riverboat “sundae fun-day” and reserved viewing of one of our grandest processions.

Make the most of your next visit to Magic Kingdom park, where Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen are throwing an unforgettable party… and you’re invited! The occasion begins on the dock as your royal hosts welcome you and your sweet tooth to an ice cream social, complete with ice cream and toppings, drinks, and sweet treats.

Then board the Liberty Square Riverboat and relax while enjoying the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade—all from the comfort of your special viewing location!

After the parade, Tiana and Naveen will join you to continue the party as you all cruise around the Rivers of America, circling Tom Sawyer Island.

Pricing and Reservation Details
This special event is available for $49 per adult and $29 for children ages 9 and under (tax included). For reservations, you can book online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE or (407) 939-3463.

Please check in at the Liberty Square Riverboat entrance 45 minutes before the parade begins.

All entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

TCD

It was a rumor yesterday when I posted it.  It is now reality.  I just have been busy and didn't get a chance to update it.  I have now.  :)

What is the deal with Disney starting up and adding more events around dining?.  They are attempting to do this with the River Boat, selling pizza in the All Stars' bus line, drinks and snacks in the Epcot parking lot, and using the booths that have historically been used for the Flower and Garden and Food and Wine at Epcot for food during the holidays...  I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing, it just seems like they are throwing things at the wall just to see what will stick.

18 hours ago, Duane said:

What is the deal with Disney starting up and adding more events around dining?.  They are attempting to do this with the River Boat, selling pizza in the All Stars' bus line, drinks and snacks in the Epcot parking lot, and using the booths that have historically been used for the Flower and Garden and Food and Wine at Epcot for food during the holidays...  I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing, it just seems like they are throwing things at the wall just to see what will stick.

You missed a few of the other new offerings like the Monorail dining experience, the paid water taxis from the Grand Floridian, the $700 carports private cabanas in the MK, and the expansion of existing and creation of new dessert parties/dining packages. 

What we have here is clearly a trend.

It is not a coincidence that Bob Chapek, the head of the parks, comes from a merchandising background and not an imagineering/theme park management background.  The guy is clearly fixated on creating new revenue streams wherever and however he can. 

The big problem here is that with all of this attention focused on picking guests' pockets clean, who is planning new stuff and enhancements for the parks?

TCD

45 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The big problem here is that with all of this attention focused on picking guests' pockets clean, who is planning new stuff and enhancements for the parks?

TCD

Good point.

I don't begrudge people blowing their money on everything Disney throws at them no matter how ridiculous the prices or ideas are.  It's their money and if they want to spend $700 on a plastic tent for a day or $500 for a family to eat dessert and float on a boat watching fireworks, so be it.

But, when these "extras" cause the average visitor to miss out on things, Riverboat blocked out, prime viewing areas roped off, monorail closed to the public, then I get upset.

Disney has the ability and funds to build new premium areas for these extras that won't impinge on the normal visitors experiences.

To take something that used to be part of the everyday Disney experience and now charge for it isn't very magical at all.

And like someone else either posted here or on another site, why raze parts of HS to add new attractions, they have expansion room, why not just add on and spread out the crowds.

Same with the MK, add more space, or at the very least make another entrance with busses to a parking lot.  I don't need a monorail or boat ride and see the main entrance anymore.  Been there, done that, numerous times.  I just want to get in and out without getting stuck in huge masses of sweaty cranky people.

On of the big things I learned over the years is marketing types are always looking for the population group that has the most disposable income. They then target that group knowing the larger customer base will still buy the standard product and the targeted demographic will spend on the upgrades. I even ran into this before I retired and I designed mainframe operating system software (bowels of the system stuff). In every product planning meeting the marketing types would come in and pitch what demographic groups had the most disposable income and ask how were we going to help our customers make money from them. My response was something along the lines of, "I will make sure the system stays up 24/7, 365 day year. Now go bug the applications folks who are the ones that care."