Cabin + Campsite near each other?

Hey friends,

We're planning a return trip to the World for our family of 6 and this time we will be joined by my parents and my mother-in-law... and this is our first time to stay at the Fort!

My parents are bringing their pop-up camper and staying at a campsite, while our goal is to stay in one of the cabins nearby.

Because of this, we're looking for both a CABIN and a CAMPSITE that would be as close as possible to one another.

I know that the only loop that has both cabins and campsites is loop 100: cabins 118 and 120

I get conflicting info online about those cabins.

Some on this board have stayed in 118 and/or 120, while  others say this about those two cabins:
"There are two cabins located on campsites 118 and 120 in the 100 loop that are used exclusively by Disney management and other corporate types."

Can anyone else tell us more about successfully booking 118 or 120?
If not, has anyone tried to book a cabin and a campsite nearby one another?
I know that you can put in a request with Disney with no guarantee that your request will be granted. Has anyone made special campsite or cabin requests with any success?

Thanks for any and all info you guys can provide!

Grateful for you guys!

Those two cabins are the only ones near campers.

Something else you might want to consider and will have a much better chance of getting close to each other is to rent a camper and a regular campsite. There are several companies that will deliver a camper to the campsite, set it up, and provide you with everything you need, outside chairs, linens, cookware, games, rug, propane, etc,....

then break it down and take it away at the end of your stay. 

Just Google Fort Wilderness Camper Rental for several companies.

Thanks @mouseketab.....Carol! I priced out some options from Meacham's... but honestly I don't think DW is into it.

I also thought about booking a campsite in the 2100 loop and then trying to get a cabin in the 2200 loop.

If you guys have any other suggestions, I'll take 'em.

Also - is that "others" site I linked to above what you guys call Voldemort?

1 hour ago, JonMcIntosh said:

Also - is that "others" site I linked to above what you guys call Voldemort?

Yup, they decided that they didn't want some of us to continue to be members of their site almost 6 years ago, so FortFiends.net was born and allows us to be our helpful, snarky selves, with the BEST information about Fort Wilderness :)

1 hour ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Several Fiends on this board have stayed in those cabins, so the other site is wrong. However, getting them is super rare, so I think renting an RV or requesting the 2100 and 2200 loops are your best options.

A lot depends on what time of the year you have your reservation.  Also you need to have a preferred site reservation linked to the cabin reservation since that is what 100 is. 

13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

A lot depends on what time of the year you have your reservation.

We're looking at our kids' fall break, which is early October 2017.

13 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Also you need to have a preferred site reservation linked to the cabin reservation since that is what 100 is. 

Are those preferred sites large enough for a pop-up camper? I'm sure that info is somewhere else on this site. Also, to clarify, you simply mean having them linked in My Disney Experience?

Preferred sites can handle a pop up no problem. 

As far as linking they are referring to having Disney create what is known as a Travel With number that shows multiple reservations are traveling together. In the past though I have had an issue where they could not create a TW for Campsites and Cabins as they are different categories of accomodation. What I have done for in cases where clients have wanted to be near each other like this is asked for a note to be made on the reservation and 5-10 business days before my clients arrive I have faxed in a request explaining things and what they were hoping for. 

[email protected]

• 11 months later...

Hey guys - I'm bumping this topic to see if anyone else has any info or experience booking one of the two cabins in the 100 loop. Our dates have changed - May 20 - 28th, 2018... but I still want to do the same thing: get a cabin and campsite relatively close to one another.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

-Jonathan