CONFIRMED: Disney now charging a 'handling fee' for deliveries to resorts

From allears.net:

"Walt Disney World Resort hotels now charge a per box handling fee of $5 for all deliveries made to you from services such as Garden Grocer or Amazon. Take this policy change into consideration if you plan to send packages in advance to your hotel to save room in your luggage."

http://allears.net/news/top-news.htm?id=3267

Any fiends that can confirm this firsthand?

I contacted the grocery service that I like to use, We Go Shop. Have I mentioned how awesome their customer services? She already got back to me. As of right now, it is not affecting them at all. She thinks the resorts are more targeting deliveries that come via mail because those are more labor-intensive with tracking, etc. of course, she said that could change at any time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how this will effect groups that do things like stroller sharing.  Some will pick-up a stroller from the front desk of their resort that has been left there with their name on it.  When they are done with their trip, they ask bell services to deliver the stroller to another resort with a different name on it.  Working properly, many families can use the same stroller for their WDW vacation.  The group I am part of on FB has about 20 strollers in circulation, as well as some room fans, coffee makers, and who knows what all.

10 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

I wonder how this will effect groups that do things like stroller sharing.  Some will pick-up a stroller from the front desk of their resort that has been left there with their name on it.  When they are done with their trip, they ask bell services to deliver the stroller to another resort with a different name on it.  Working properly, many families can use the same stroller for their WDW vacation.  The group I am part of on FB has about 20 strollers in circulation, as well as some room fans, coffee makers, and who knows what all.

If Disney can make money off of it, they will.  You know this. ;)