Dining and Monorail Hopping, Disney Style

I get they are taking them back ways to, I would assume skip the line and avoid ending up in a crowd of people. But for 150.00 Id don't want to be drug through back doors and stairwells. I'm lazy put me on the escalator or elevator. Although I guess it give one the chance to walk off some of the food and liquor.

23 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Ignore the quote box above. Not sure where it came from. 

One way they could do it to use the whole monorail most of the time is when the time for the next jump will be the next time that particular monorail will be back to that location stop letting people into car they are using. Dont kick anyone out but by the end of the loop it should be empty. Then the event can use the car and it opens back up till the next jump. 

23 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

One way they could do it to use the whole monorail most of the time is when the time for the next jump will be the next time that particular monorail will be back to that location stop letting people into car they are using. Dont kick anyone out but by the end of the loop it should be empty. Then the event can use the car and it opens back up till the next jump. 

I think I may have seen them practicing with this. 

A few weeks ago, we wanted to board the Resort Monorail from the TTC.  The CM's there stood in front of one the cars, and did not allow folks to queue up in front of that car.  The doors on that car did not open to allow any guests to enter at the TTC.  We only rode to the Polynesian, but same deal there- a CM stood there and directed guests to other cars, and the door on this car did not open.  It could have been that there was a problem with that car (like something bad happened in there, and they were waiting for a custodial CM), but it isn't hard to keep guests from boarding a car at each stop if they need arrive at a stop with an open car.

TCD

It would be cool if they remodeled one of the monorail cars into a party car....similar to an old train bar car or a classic 747 cabin with the bar upstairs.  Then for one segment of the tour you would actually stay on the monorail for a couple of circulations around the lagoon, having drinks and enjoying the scenery.  It would get increasingly fun to watch for the non-drinkers if they did this later in the evening, as every time the monorail would brake, people would fall down and spill their drinks on themselves.  

10 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

It would be cool if they remodeled one of the monorail cars into a party car....similar to an old train bar car or a classic 747 cabin with the bar upstairs.  Then for one segment of the tour you would actually stay on the monorail for a couple of circulations around the lagoon, having drinks and enjoying the scenery.  It would get increasingly fun to watch for the non-drinkers if they did this later in the evening, as every time the monorail would brake, people would fall down and spill their drinks on themselves.  

Good idea.

47 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

Everything about that evening sounds enjoyable except the fireworks viewing location.  That 4th floor deck is nothing special, IMO.  If they really wanted to close it out in style, they should do the dessert sampling at either one of the Cali Grill decks, or even better at the Top of the World lounge.  

On 12/6/2016 at 11:21 PM, LONE-STAR said:

I think it would be better if they used a boat to move the people around and served drinks on the boat.

Now THERE is an idea!

10 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Everything about that evening sounds enjoyable except the fireworks viewing location.  That 4th floor deck is nothing special, IMO.  If they really wanted to close it out in style, they should do the dessert sampling at either one of the Cali Grill decks, or even better at the Top of the World lounge.  

Agreed X2!

23 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Well, who's to say that they won't block the unwashed masses from utilizing that deck, and set up tables and chairs for the mono guests?