Has anyone been billed for having Garden Grocer deliver groceries? I always order at least 4bags full and am worried about paying $5 per bag. I was connected to the desk at Fort Wilderness and they said it was just the All Stars and Pop Century.  But All Ears has now reported  it twice and I am wondering if the front desk just hadn't gotten the new directions. Yes I am sure it was the front desk.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again this comes down to people taking something too far and ruining it for everyone else. Sent from my handheld doohickie

I remember that year!  :)

I remember that year, too. I remember that Mama had a name for the EZ-ups with walls- like the walls of Jericho or something (but that isn't it).  She was always sitting out there smiling any tim

2 hours ago, pooh4me said:

Has anyone been billed for having Garden Grocer deliver groceries? I always order at least 4bags full and am worried about paying $5 per bag. I was connected to the desk at Fort Wilderness and they said it was just the All Stars and Pop Century.  But All Ears has now reported  it twice and I am wondering if the front desk just hadn't gotten the new directions. Yes I am sure it was the front desk.

It only applies to packages, such as FedEx or UPS. We've used Garden grocer in the past. And may use him our upcoming trip at the end of this month. So I was curious about your question. I contacted Garden grocer directly. They said the five dollar delivery fee does not apply to groceries. It only applies to packages, such as FedEx or UPS.

2 hours ago, PureTcrazy...rita said:

So they have found yet another way to make money from people already paying to stay there. 2016, the year of greed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Parks (especially WDW) have to make up for the losses of ESPN.

Like someone stated in another post, Disneyland caters to locals and WDW caters to the whole world.  So if they gouge someone that is visiting for the first time or haven't been there in 10 years, they don't know any better, or don't care because they are at DISNEY!

It's the WDW repeaters that have seen the changes and deterioration in service and the increase of charging for something that used to be free.

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, acornlover said:

I can confirm that as of 2/12/17, the fort is charging $5/package. We had an Amazon delivery (we don't have a car this year) and they charged $5/package. The castmember at the Outpost was so sweet, she was very embarrassed they are doing this and pulled me aside to apologize.

Thanks for the updated info. 

14 minutes ago, mileshigh said:

Surprised they are charging this simple service now.

Considering the number and size of the packages being shipped to them that need to be sorted, stored, and retrieved a small fee to cover the work being done doesnt really seem unreasonable to me. 

Considering the number and size of the packages being shipped to them that need to be sorted, stored, and retrieved a small fee to cover the work being done doesnt really seem unreasonable to me. 

A charge is reasonable, but I think $5 is excessive for small packages. $2 seems much more realistic and in-line with what I've seen at other RV resorts.

20 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

A charge is reasonable, but I think $5 is excessive for small packages. $2 seems much more realistic and in-line with what I've seen at other RV resorts.

I wouldnt be opposed to a variable charge on size and/or weight but what do you set it to? Is every package going to hav eto be weighed or measured? Some people are shipping blenders, their luggage, boxes of food and supplies. Where do you draw the lines on that stuff?

On 12/10/2016 at 0:15 PM, pooh4me said:

Disney has come out and listed the $5 fee as a new fee for each package delivered. See Theme Park Blog. I also found an order form of Trading Post delivery items and prices .    http://di.sn/61848KQIj

The link (on the grocery list/page), actually shows a $10/fee.  Wow...

16 hours ago, acornlover said:

I can confirm that as of 2/12/17, the fort is charging $5/package. We had an Amazon delivery (we don't have a car this year) and they charged $5/package. The castmember at the Outpost was so sweet, she was very embarrassed they are doing this and pulled me aside to apologize.

Hmmm... that's good to know.  We've had a couple of items delivered before, so we'll keep this in mind.

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Originally for the resorts they had said that the local grocery delivery services weren't going to be charged the fee, just delivered boxes, packages.  Maybe that has changed also?

The $10 fee looks to be for the onsite grocery service. I don't see anything about offsite services. My guess is even if Disney does start charging this could be avoided by meeting the grocery service up front and getting the delivery yourself. It would be one of those decisions is $5 worth more than the inconvenience?  

We've only had 2 things delivered to the Fort and that was before there was a charge. One was a cell phone because mine broke the night before we left and the other was a toilet that broke while we were at the Fort and was covered under warranty. I would have gladly paid 5.00 for both of those. The cell I just had shipped to the Fort, but when it came to the toilet I did actually go to the front desk and ask them if it was OK to have it shipped there as it was going to be a bigger package.

I wouldnt be opposed to a variable charge on size and/or weight but what do you set it to? Is every package going to hav eto be weighed or measured? Some people are shipping blenders, their luggage, boxes of food and supplies. Where do you draw the lines on that stuff?

That's a good point- people do really ship things differently to the Fort versus a lot of other places. Though, a lot of snowbird parks in Florida get a constant onslaught of deliveries daily (think 20-50 packages a day at 2 different parks I was at this winter).

I don't know where to draw the line. It's a tough one for sure. I absolutely understand the man hours and labor associated with a mailroom.

I never realized that receiving packages was ever free, at any of the resorts. I always assumed they charged a small handling fee. 

On other forums, I have seen people ship large tents, chairs, air mattresses, and even dorm refrigerators to the Fort. I was amazed at the amount of huge items being shipped there. I have a feeling it's stuff like this that inspired the fee. 

I also remember reading - many years ago, and not sure if it was here or elsewhere - of people having stuff shipped to the Fort and then leaving it all there for others to use, who also left it there, and the equipment was used off an on all the time by a lot of different families. Not sure how that would work, but I am positive it was happening. Would involve much work for Fort employees, especially if the users didn't pack everything up clean and properly and deliver to the storage, wherever that may be. 

I'm curious about grocery delivery. Do they separate the frozen, perishable, and dry goods? If lots of people do the delivery, I can imagine it takes a fair amount of effort, on the part of the resorts, to receive, store, and have pick-up available for all that stuff. I would gladly pay $5 over park food prices for groceries, if I were in the position of not being able to drive to get them. 

18 hours ago, Roberta said:

I never realized that receiving packages was ever free, at any of the resorts. I always assumed they charged a small handling fee. 

On other forums, I have seen people ship large tents, chairs, air mattresses, and even dorm refrigerators to the Fort. I was amazed at the amount of huge items being shipped there. I have a feeling it's stuff like this that inspired the fee. 

I also remember reading - many years ago, and not sure if it was here or elsewhere - of people having stuff shipped to the Fort and then leaving it all there for others to use, who also left it there, and the equipment was used off an on all the time by a lot of different families. Not sure how that would work, but I am positive it was happening. Would involve much work for Fort employees, especially if the users didn't pack everything up clean and properly and deliver to the storage, wherever that may be. 

I'm curious about grocery delivery. Do they separate the frozen, perishable, and dry goods? If lots of people do the delivery, I can imagine it takes a fair amount of effort, on the part of the resorts, to receive, store, and have pick-up available for all that stuff. I would gladly pay $5 over park food prices for groceries, if I were in the position of not being able to drive to get them. 

There is a FB page that is set up for sharing items at the resorts.

As usual, people don't follow directions and the admin is usually pulling her? hair out.

You are supposed to go to the site, look at dates and whats available and at what resort.  The current user is supposed to leave the item at bell services when they leave with the next persons name.

They have people just leaving the items in the rooms, or giving them to some one that PMs them.

A lot of people also post foodstuffs on their when they are getting ready to leave if someone wants to pick them up.

21 hours ago, Roberta said:

Yes. They do separate perishable foods from dry foods.   They will store the food in fridges for you. We always try to have the delivery arrive once we get there. They will deliver to your room at the offsite hotels.  Onsite resorts we meet them in the lobby.   I gladly pay a little bit extra to have our food delivered. Just to avoid spending a couple of hours going to and shopping while I'm on vacation.