10 hours ago, Travisma said:

As usual, people don't follow directions and the admin is usually pulling her? hair out.

You are supposed to go to the site, look at dates and whats available and at what resort.  The current user is supposed to leave the item at bell services when they leave with the next persons name.

They have people just leaving the items in the rooms, or giving them to some one that PMs them.

At least I know I my brain wasn't making it up. :lol: 

But, seriously, OMG @ people that don't know how to follow directions. That kind of crap drives me out of my mind. I feel bad for the admin. I'd be kicking people out of the group left and right. What is the name of the group? I would like to join out of morbid curiosity. I live very close to WDW, so wouldn't ever need to do this, but would be very interested in seeing this in action. 

8 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Yes. They do separate perishable foods from dry foods.   They will store the food in fridges for you. We always try to have the delivery arrive once we get there. They will deliver to your room at the offsite hotels.  Onsite resorts we meet them in the lobby.   I gladly pay a little bit extra to have our food delivered. Just to avoid spending a couple of hours going to and shopping while I'm on vacation. 

That's how I would feel about it as well. Not to mention to cost of renting a car or taking Uber, just the time investment alone would make it well worth it. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again this comes down to people taking something too far and ruining it for everyone else. Sent from my handheld doohickie

I remember that year!  :)

I remember that year, too. I remember that Mama had a name for the EZ-ups with walls- like the walls of Jericho or something (but that isn't it).  She was always sitting out there smiling any tim

32 minutes ago, Roberta said:

At least I know I my brain wasn't making it up. :lol: 

But, seriously, OMG @ people that don't know how to follow directions. That kind of crap drives me out of my mind. I feel bad for the admin. I'd be kicking people out of the group left and right. What is the name of the group? I would like to join out of morbid curiosity. I live very close to WDW, so wouldn't ever need to do this, but would be very interested in seeing this in action. 

That's how I would feel about it as well. Not to mention to cost of renting a car or taking Uber, just the time investment alone would make it well worth it. 

WDW Disney Recycle, Reuse and Regift on FB

• 7 months later...
On 10/6/2017 at 5:45 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Any updates on this?  Is it still $5 for an Amazon delivery?

Another option may be checking into Amazon locker locations near the Fort. I have no idea if there are any and it may be worth the 5.00 for the convenience of not having to go off property. 

I was just looking at Choice Hotels in the WDW area and guess what COMFORT SUITES MAINGATE has on their website.

"We are happy to receive and store packages for our guests up to 20 days before arrival. Please know beginning 3/15/17 there will be a $5.00 USD fee per package. 

so it's not just DISNEY.

I never really thought of the logistics of them getting and storing mail/packages for guest. I have had things shipped to the Fort before one was a cellphone when mine went goofy the day before we left and another was actually a toilet for the travel trailer (about 4 days into a 2 week stay it had issues that were covered under warranty). Both time were easy if I remember correctly a CM brought my phone to the site, I'm pretty sure I told them at check-in I was expecting a package. The toilet I did ask the Fort front desk if it was ok that it was shipped there and kept in contact with them about it's delivery date, went down and picked it up from the back door where they store packages and stuff. 

After we stayed at POFQ a few weeks ago I can understand the charge. There was a family of 7 in the lobby with all shapes and sizes of packages they were picking up as they checked in probably 3 packages each ranging from large envelopes to large boxes (about the size of a suitcase. The CM kept bring out packages then the family would look in them and say there should be more. It seemed to be a mess to me and really took 2 CM away from helping other people. I don't know for sure but the family seemed to be from out of the country and looked as though they shipped most of there clothing and toiletries and also maybe didn't exactly remember what they had sent. I was in the lobby for about 20 mins and the family had been there when I came in and I would say probably for awhile before that and we're still there when I left. 

So for those of us who may get a package on a rare occasion or a couple packages over a long stay the 5.00 fee sucks. But I totally understand why they charge it if that is a regular occurrence. 

A bunch of years ago now, the big recommendation online was to ship a case of water to your resort so you wouldn't have to buy water in the parks.  A short leap from there to "ship all of the things" to your resort - so yeah, it makes sense. And as always, I blame the internetz.  ;)

I think what Derek saw is why the hotels (and not just Disney ) have started the policies of charging to have items delivered and held.

People taking advantage of the system.  

Most hotels wouldn't mind an occasional package or two being delivered to a guest, but with the advent of Amazon Prime and grocery delivery companies, hotels have been inundated with packages.

Look at the majority of any facebook post dealing with travel. The posts have shifted from where to stay and eat to how do I get (insert items here) delivered to my hotel/room. 

When airlines started instituting the $$$ baggage fees, a lot of people found it was less expensive to have their luggage delivered to the hotels via UPS, etc. 

Now that puts a burden on a hotel that has to securely store and keep track (or be sued) of luggage for days on end instead of a few hours.

There was an article a year or so ago about how hotels have started following the airlines business model and now nickle and dime you to death, charging for things that used to be free.  Early checkin, early check out, cancellation fees, tiered wi-fi, mini bar fees, gym fees, etc

They especially go after business travelers, charging for storage of items sent in early ( for conferences or presentations), use of the previously free business centers, 

The rise in hotel fees can be attributed to two things, explains Bill Carroll, a PhoCusWright hotel analyst and senior lecturer at Cornell University.
"There is a unique opportunity for hotels to produce additional revenue from their asset. Second, the consumer choice to purchase additional services is not encumbered by competition. 

So i don't see Disney or anyone dropping their package fees.  In fact they might even raise them.

25 minutes ago, Travisma said:

So i don't see Disney or anyone dropping their package fees.  In fact they might even raise them.

I agree.  I think it's too low.

Think of all the money they lose with guests who have water and snacks delivered.  They get 3 bucks for one small bottle of water, and more than that for one soft drink.  And, the alcohol mark-up is way more.

They used to enjoy a captive audience.  That's the real reason behind the "free" shuttle to and from the airport and the dining plans. They don't want guests to leave the property,  or have cheaper products delivered. 

TCD

1 hour ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'm also sure Amazon Prime has something to do with it. Forget something? Go to Amazon and it will be there in a few hours or tomorrow morning...

Yep!  2 years ago on the way down we realized we were going to need a baby gate for the dogs (long story).  So at 1am at a truck stop in GA I got on Amazon on my phone.

8pm that night I got a call from the front desk at the Fort telling me it had been delivered.

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

A bunch of years ago now, the big recommendation online was to ship a case of water to your resort so you wouldn't have to buy water in the parks.  A short leap from there to "ship all of the things" to your resort - so yeah, it makes sense. And as always, I blame the internetz.  ;)

With the increase in airline baggage fees it can actually be cheaper to ship your stuff and only bring a carry on. Add in the all of the other hassles and TSA checks and it is also more convenient to just drop a box off at your local USPS or UPS Store. 

50 minutes ago, keith_h said:

With the increase in airline baggage fees it can actually be cheaper to ship your stuff and only bring a carry on. Add in the all of the other hassles and TSA checks and it is also more convenient to just drop a box off at your local USPS or UPS Store. 

Also a great point.  When I flew down to WDW with my brother's family last fall they wanted to pack a bunch of sandwich stuff, cereal, water, etc., but it would have cost them a lot for the extra bags.  So they just shipped a big box to the hotel.  

6 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I wonder if the package fee is something that is charged to everyone that gets a package all of the time or like other things you may or may not get charged. For example the pet fee sometimes it's there sometimes it's not.....

At Disney, it may be hit or miss, but I bet in the outside world it's added to your credit card on file as soon as it's received.

One year at thanksgiving it turned cold and y'all know Mama wasn't about all that, so my brother ordered that walls for our ezups from Amazon prime. He picked them up when tracking showed they had been delivered. I believe he let them know he had a box coming.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, PureTcrazy...rita said:

One year at thanksgiving it turned cold and y'all know Mama wasn't about all that, so my brother ordered that walls for our ezups from Amazon prime. He picked them up when tracking showed they had been delivered. I believe he let them know he had a box coming.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I remember that year!  :)

31 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I remember that year, too.

I remember that Mama had a name for the EZ-ups with walls- like the walls of Jericho or something (but that isn't it).  She was always sitting out there smiling any time I looped by.

TCD

That was also the first time Brian made her a margarita.  I can still see her face when she took a sip.  LOL!!